A film of the birth of the modern State of Israel

Author: taxman_2 from Saratoga, CA
2 May 2007

I saw this film on PBS when I was a child, at, of all times, during Passover! The movie is, essentially, a retelling of the birth of the modern State of Israel. However, it includes a chilling look at what the liberating forces saw when they entered the Nazi death camps ... including some extremely grisly footage of the deceased. These images have haunted me for more than 35 years, yet this is a movie that I would view with my own children.

I had the opportunity to see the film again last year, on a badly deteriorating VHS duplication. It definitely needs to be transferred to DVD and made widely available to anyone interested in know more about Israel and her people.

You need to see this film to realize your life is beautiful

Author: l_metz
14 March 2011

I also have seen this movie as a child and like other reviewer it has haunted me for my whole lifetime. This is such a raw revelation about the holocaust that there is no way anyone can deny this has happened. I wished I could revisit this film. EVERYONE should see this to reaffirm the the human race is capable of and a cautionary tale of what can happen again if we are not careful, (It has happened, but on a smaller scale, that the world has ignored) This is the most comprehensive and complete history of the Isrealites up until this time in history. This documentary cannot be denied and is sure to convince the nay-sayers about the history of the holocaust. Make an effort to see this it will forever change your view on life and impact your view on humanity.