IMDb > "Heroes" Chapter Four 'Collision' (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Heroes: Chapter Four 'Collision' (#1.4)"

"Heroes" Chapter Four 'Collision' (2006)

« Prev | 5 of 79 Episodes | Next »

Heroes: Collision moves the series along briskly

Author: tavm from Baton Rouge, La.
20 October 2006

One thing I forgot to mention from the last episode, Niki the stripper took her son Micah to his grandmother's house where the grandma believes her son, Niki's ex-husband, is innocent of the charges he is in jail for. In the beginning of this episode, we find Matt the cop, after passing out in the bar after witnessing a black man as the only one he couldn't read the mind of, strapped to a machine with that black man and Claire's dad watching over him. Claire's dad tells the black man to "dig deep" just as Matt asks, "Who's Claire?" Hiro and Ando are in Las Vegas where Hiro reluctantly uses his stop-motion powers to help Ando win at gambling. Hiro eventually gets knocked out by some guards while Ando stands helplessly. Mohinder tries to warn politician Nathan about some future crisis but gets the brush-off. Because of this latest humiliation, he wants to go back to India but gets sucked backed in by Nate's brother Peter who brings Mohinder's father's book with him. Peter mentions his possible ability to siphon other people's powers to a skeptical Mohinder. Meanwhile, as Claire wakes in the morgue, she magically heals her skin and leaves without notice. Back at school, she encounters another girl who confides in her that the quarterback had done to her what Claire had just experienced as that quarterback appears before Claire's eyes and blatantly flirts with another girl. Claire takes that quarterback for a speedy ride hoping to get him to apologize for his behavior with her. No dice. She speeds up till they crash into a brick wall. Niki is at the Vagas hotel doing her job when she encounters Nathan who is on a trip. As they get to a room, Nathan mentions he's married with two sons which seems to make Niki resists his advances. After she leaves, Niki encounters someone who wants some payment his now-dead cohorts didn't get. It is in the elevator that Niki switches to a more aggressive personality and threatens this someone with her heel. She tells this someone to "leave our child alone". She then comes back to Nathan's room and is recorded on camera as she makes love to him. Peter convinces Mohinder to come to painter Issac's apartment to see Peter siphon Issac's ability to paint the future but the artist is too into his work to even answer the doorbell. As they get back on the train, Mohinder again displays his skepticism as everything stops except Peter, then a Japanesse man from the future greets Peter and says, "I am from the future, it's nice to see you without your scar." It is Hiro, speaking perfect English, with a katana and long hair and no glasses! Okay, so this has just got more interesting! I liked all the developments though like many others I did wonder why Mohinder suddenly seemed to do a 360 degree turn in his personality. Hope to see more of Greg Grunberg as Matt next week and that he still has some of his mind-reading abilities intact. Oh, and to Claire: You go, girl!

Great Episode

Author: lyones8 from United States
3 November 2006

This was a great episode. I recently started watching and this is a good series. I was also impressed to see more of a racially diverse cast. There are not many African American's but there's still a variety, much more than a lot of other shows offer. It was also great to see Toni Lewis. I followed her on Homicide and saw her in several other roles, here and there. In every role that she has played she has shown great acting ability and it surprises me that she didn't get anything reoccurring after such a great show as homicide. I would like to see her more on screen and even in a reoccurring role on Hero's especially since the show has much more men than women. In my opinion,this show has great possibility and can last season's to come.