IMDb > The Avengers (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Avengers

The Avengers More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 162: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

Feel Like A Kid Again - Go See The Avengers!

Author: moviedemon from USA
6 May 2012

I know there's comic book fans that have their favorites. There's also the film fans that have their own favorites. There are also some who are so enamored and in love with The Dark Knight that they will pounce on any film that is considered "better". For me, I've never been a big comic book guy but I do enjoy a good film adaptation of them. I can love The Dark Knight AND Iron Man. I don't have a bias. I enjoy several of these type of films regardless of the company, brand, or filmmaker.

For me, I absolutely love The Avengers. It brought out the little kid in me. At 33, cynical and disgruntled, that's a major compliment. I understand that the film is by no means perfect but it was just so much damn fun. It made me want to buy a costume and play make believe in the backyard again. But again, I'm 33, so I mean that figuratively. I just really had a blast with this and this is the best theater experience I've had since seeing a Star Wars movie. I loved it and can't wait to see it again.

So, for those who have hang-ups about how you don't want to hear its better or more popular than this or that, don't get caught up in that nonsense. Who cares where people rank The Avengers or Iron Man or The Dark Knight or what have you? It doesn't matter. So, just do yourselves the favor of seeing this movie. It is just a boatload of fun.

THE Best Movie of The Decade

Author: Daniel Benham from United Kingdom
12 July 2012

"Did anybody see Inception? I think that was just about the most ambitious movie I've ever seen. And then I thought wait a god damn second… Marvel… Studios is going to take all their top superheroes, and they're going to put them all together in The Avengers. That's the most ambitious movie I've ever seen!" – Robert Downey Jr. (Comic Con 2010)

It may have been the most ambitious movie ever… but boy did they pull it off! There was always a small doubt that The Avengers (2012) may have been a flop for a couple of reasons. The first is the fact that the Captain America (2011) and Iron Man 2 (2010) were slightly lower than the standard of movies Marvel studios had shot out since 2008 when The Incredible Hulk (2008) hit the big screens. Obviously this lower standard must have been due to The Avengers being in production because the film topped my list of favourite films and became number 1, yes, it took over The Dark Knight (2008)!

To read the full review go here: http://www.teknue.com/reviews/review- the-avengersavengers-assemble-2012/852

Action, action, action

Author: psavlax from Los Angeles, CA
6 July 2012

I always like comic based movies and this one did not disappoint. Much action, which is why I watch these movies. There were plenty of Hollywood retard thinking (which I wont mention so not to ruin the people that are not bother by it). Many funny moments and again lots of action. I would of also like if there had been full movies or some more back story on some of the characters but overall the movie was fun to watch. Great use of computer graphics and great sound track. In addition, the plot was not rich (which I think is acceptable in action movies).

Definitely a great movie for anyone that like action flicks.

Simply Perfect

Author: darkraven_109 from Manila, Philippines
28 April 2012

I can not say anything more about THE AVENGERS; the movie just hit all the right spots and a lot more. It didn't only entertain like how a brainless popcorn movie would; it told a great superhero team story.

The characters were written perfectly, the action was spectacular and best of all ever character was a joy to watch. The story had the perfect balance of comedy, action and drama (yes, there's a bit of that too and it's good). It's everything a comic book fan would want out of a comic book adaptation movie.

Every member of the Avengers line-up (whether super powered or not) got the right amount of screen time; if you were like me and thought that Iron Man would get accidentally hog the screen because the trailers made the movie look like "IRON MAN AND FRIENDS," your fears will be washed away. Mark Ruffalo also stole the show as Banner/ The Hulk; if you had a few doubts about him playing the character after Edward Norton was left behind, fear not since he does the job well. I can go as far as saying that Ruffalo is the best incarnation of Banner so far.

Josh Whedon pulled off the impossible; he wrote and directed a perfect comic book adaptation. He created what I consider the best superhero movie so far. He made THE AVENGERS.

To say anything more would be a waste of time. Just go and watch it.

A new benchmark in action Movies!!!

Author: Yogesh Joshi from India
30 April 2012

Action movies will now have a new leader as Avengers assemble by Marvel raises the bar to an entirely new level.

The hype made by Marvel in 2011, by Introducing Thor and Captain America to the audience in quick succession just as a precursor for the Avengers ,is lived up and surpassed with what will be one of the beacons in modern era action movies.

The boasted budget of $220m,is well spent for the movie expectedly satisfies you as a visual treat with what i think,one of the best CG effects.Also,this one does deserve a heads up to be watched in 3D, unlike annoyingly many in the recent past.Though,the first half has a few more than necessary scenes shot in the dark,but it gets better as the movie progresses.

Though the plot is pretty straight-forward,there are so many characters in the movie to keep you entertained in their very own signature fashion.Each and every character is given nearly equal importance and nobody is left out,which is an effort to appreciate. They have really put a lot of efforts in the new Hulk to bring him up to join the party with others,and Boy! it does pay off exceptionally well.Iron Man's powers are tested to a very new level and being the most skilled avenger,they had to be.He has got some new moves, watch out for them!.I am really starting to like Captain America and the way he handles the situation. The time transitioned character of his, adjusts surprisingly quickly to the new scenario.Black Widow and Hawk-Eye who had brushing references in previous movies are full fledged avengers now, but i wish marvel to bring them up in singles.There are a few much needed subtle humorous moments exercising your jaws sideways in between a lot of fantastically choreographed action scenes keeping them dropped down for most of the time.

Bout the cast, Downey Jr. undoubtedly stands out as an actor, with his amazing comic timing and the way he carries the arrogance of Iron-Man. The search for Bruce Banner has ended up giving the most subtle hulk yet,with Mark Ruffalo.The Rest of the cast looks just supportive. Cobie Smulders was supposed to be the eye candy,but Scarlett Johansson steals the show in that aspect, not to mention in her alter-ego superhero moves too.

All in all, an awesome summer blockbuster with wholesome entertainment. The Avengers is surely one of the best action movies to watch before you leave this dimension.

The most anticipated superhero movie of all time doesn't disappoint.

Author: Danny McDandy from United States
29 April 2012

The Avengers is quite possibly the most anticipated superhero movie in history, but does it quite live up to the hype?

I know that this is the Marvel movie we have all been waiting for. This is the movie that all the others made by Marvel Studios has been leading up to. This is what they have been aching to show us.

I was pleased to learn that I would be given the chance to see the movie before its May release date in the United States, but despite my privileged opportunity, I went in with relatively low expectations. (It's just another superhero movie, but with a bunch of them at one time, right?)

Wrong...

If you are a fan of Marvel, superheroes, great CGI or just all-around intense action films, you MUST see Marvel's The Avengers.

The CGI was the best I've seen in a long time, the fighting as intense as ever, and the plot is top-notch. But these things aren't the only aspects of the movie that make The Avengers great. For me, it was the characters.

Yes, we've seen all these characters before. We've enjoyed their specific movies, but having them on screen together worked better than I could have imagined.

In fact, that was why I was apprehensive at first. I had been afraid that perhaps one hero would take away more screen time than another. (We all have our favorites.) But this wasn't the case.

Tony Stark (Robert Downy Jr.), provided his much expected wit and humor for the film, causing the crowd to laugh on many occasions. The banter between Stark and Steve Rogers/Captain America (Chris Evans) flowed well and added a lot to the character depth.

I wasn't sure how Thor (Chris Hemsworth) would be playing his part either. I thought he actually might be taking too much screen time from the others since his brother, Loki (Tom Hiddleston), was the main antagonist, but this wasn't the case.

I found myself most excited in the movie when Bruce Banner/The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) came on screen. His character was done so well for this movie. I found myself thrilled and even scared in some of his scenes.

I must also mention here that Ruffalo did a superb job of taking Edward Norton's place as Bruce Banner/ The Hulk. If there's one thing that annoys me about sequels, it's when they change actors, but I actually enjoyed Ruffalo better in this role.

Of course you can't forget about Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), and Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). Each of them played their part of the story wonderfully, though I found Sam Jackson's acting to be a little stale.

I would say that if you haven't watched the other movies made by Marvel Studios that you might want to watch them. Most references will be lost on you if you don't.

As far as screen time, it felt like every character got their time in the light. No one person stole the show, and just as Marvel intended, they ALL stole the show.

There is one particular scene that I enjoyed where the camera panned to each hero, doing their own special moves, though it's hard to explain further than that without giving anything away. However, there were moments in the movie where I had to lean over to my wife and ask what someone was talking about, but these instances were minor.

Obviously, if you care anything about Marvel movies, you're already planning to see The Avengers. If you haven't seen any of the other Marvel Studios films, take a weekend, watch them. Then go see The Avengers. I don't think you'll be sorry you did.

Here it is, the masterpiece we've been waiting for. :)

Author: achyutha037 from Bangalore
27 April 2012

I was eagerly waiting for this movie. But after seeing the Marvel movie, Captain America: the first Avenger, Thor and Incredible hulk- I thought that the movie would be not as good as the hype it carried for so many years. But still due to Robert downey jr. i wanted to see this film. OK, i admit it, i was blown away by the movie in terms of Action, and of course Humor.

Director Joss Whedon, directed this movie so BRILLIANTLY, that there are very little or NO flaws. Sufficient Screen time has been provided for each of the SUPERHEROES. but the Mighty guys, Iron man(RDJ) and the Hulk(Mark Ruffalo) steal the show. Thor(Chris Hemsworth) was too, brilliant. In this movie, you'll see more of Captain America(Chris Evans) than his solo movie, which is really great. AND, Black Widow(Scarlett Johannson) kicks the ass off whoever she fights with. Hawkeye(Jeremy Renner) is not at all Underused, his Powers were shown superbly. Nick Fury(Samuel L. Jackson) was great with his Initiative. And here it is, the main villain, Loki(Tom Hiddleston), steals the show with his mischievous and No-worries personality, he fits into the role perfectly. On the Whole, the cast were perfect, with each of them fitting into the characters with ease.

The humor and witty one liners are splendid. Don't expect it to be DARK with no humor like the Dark knight, instead it wins the heart of each and every person watching the film in the auditorium. Many people have started comparing Avengers with The dark knight, but what I SAY is these two are COMPLETELY different type of film, and comparing the two is not justified. Still if you compare, Avengers is better than Dark knight. Due to the reason that Avengers can be enjoyed by each and every person, it has action and Humor, both at equal Quantities.

As for iron man, Robert downey jr IS Iron man, no other person can do that role so perfectly. Unfortunately, RDJ is about to leave the franchise after IRON MAN 3, i request the iron man fans to please him not to leave the franchise for at least another 3 or 4 films, including AVENGERS 2. :)

I will ensure to each and every person who is reading this that, this film will never disappoint you, not even a moment. 100%. :) Go watch it without doubt. I will say that, this movie will definitely touch or cross the 1Billion mark and becomes on of the highest grossing films in the film history.

Verdict: 10/10 stars, A+++++, EXCELLENT.

Great, GREAT FILM!!

Author: JoeDiBease from United States
12 April 2012

Ever since the beginning of the film, I was so amazed and happy That I was at the premier of the movie. Very good acting from all the main characters and good acting from the rest. Great Directing and writing from Joss Whedon too. The cinematography was stunning throughout the whole film.This is a fun action packed film for the whole family to enjoy just like the rest of the Marvel movies but better. The special effects by far are the best for any Marvel movie. The Hulk Looks so much more real. By the way The Hulk made the movie even better. Also, DO NOT SEE THE AVENGERS IN 3D! See the film because you will not be disappointed even if you are not that interested into superhero movies. It has a lot of humor and love, so again SEE IT!

The BIGGEST film of ALL-TIME..........The Avengers is UNDENIABLY MASSIVE, GREAT, AND, ABOVE ALL ELSE, one of the BEST FILMS EVER.....

Author: The_Riddler_1948 from West Scotland, United Kingdom
14 June 2014

BANG! The year is 2012, movie-goers, comic books fans, and nerds alike (like me) are keen, eager, jumpy, and hyped! 2012 was going to be the ultimate year for films. The Avengers was HITTING the BIG SCREEN - it was FINALLY, after long-awaited years, patience, and jumpiness, coming.... I remember I was strongly hyped and I couldn't wait to see the film - it was sure to be huge, with absolutely outstanding, in-the-moment effects, with great characters finally come alongside each other. My oh my, it was going to be somewhat unbeatable. No film was as big as this, this was the ultimate film for all Marvel fans, Comic books fans in general, Movie-goers, etc.

The Avengers, as I like to call it, rather than its given name over here (Avengers Assmble; "Marvel's Avengers Assemble) was and is a tremendous blockbuster achievement, with edge-of-your seat spectacle, greatness, and specialness. It was like a huge, alien-like bullet had crashed through your heart, and without damaging it, left it with great-feeling, crazy shocks and superior adrenaline....THAT'S WHAT THE AVENGERS DID, ULTIMATELY! Sudden rushes of adrenaline, happiness, and more, the Avengers was definitely the biggest of the big, and after seeing it, my jaw was left hanging to my shoes, clanking and bashing of the ground. It was, and is, fantastic, no wonder it made so much money. The Avengers is definitely one of my 50 favourite films, and in all honesty, half that, and you get 25, and it's MOST LIKELY in my top 25 too!

It sees Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division) bring together the ultimate team of superheroes, including: Captain America (Steve Rogers), Thor Odinson, Iron Man (Tony Stark), and more....including The Hulk (Dr Bruce Banner), Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff), and, eventually, Hawkeye ( Clint Barton) joins them... Loki of Asgard, the films' main antagonist, you could say, wants to retrieve the Tesseract in the film....a reaction from the Tesseract creates a wormhole, thus allowing Loki to travel and make his way through it so he's in earth.

The Avengers is one of my favourite films, and it's a film that loads of people will love --- it's incredible. Fast-paced, explosive and daring special effects, absolute MEGA fights, including one between Tony Stark and Thor, which ends in a collision of both Thor's Hammer and Steve Roger's shield, and more. Seriously, it's such a great film, and it's the biggest, and best, comic book adaptation in worldwide history, and it's the THIRD BIGGEST FILM EVER......HOWEVER, it's REALLY THE BIGGEST! You see, it might have made 1.5 billion dollars, becoming the third highest-grossing film ever, but it's definitely the biggest film in terms of fans and have higher and more appreciated positivity (as a film that both fans of comic books and films love...).

10/10.

Amazing Movie!

Author: Ryan
3 June 2014

This is by far one of the best superhero movies I have ever seen. The Avengers has a simple, but very involved plot. Loki, Thor's evil brother, tries to take over the Earth with an army of aliens called the Chitauri. S.H.I.E.L.D., Led by Director Fury, is charged with stopping him. They attempt to unite several of the world's most talented individuals in order to accomplish such an impossible feat. This is called the Avengers Initiative.

The Avengers:

Natasha Romanov/Black Widow: Highly trained agent close combat specialist

Hawkeye: the best aim with a bow that anyone has ever seen Tony Stark/Iron Man: Genius in a suit of high tech body armor Steve Rodgers/Captain America: super-soldier from WWII, frozen in ice for seventy years after defeating HYDRA.

Bruce Banner/Hulk: Gamma Radiation Scientist that becomes a giant indestructible green rage monster when he gets too angry.

Thor: Asgardian God of Thunder wields a War hammer known as Mjölnir.

These heroes have a rough time working together. It isn't until after a major tragedy that they become willing to work together to stop Loki. A major theme of this movie is definitely the importance of teamwork. Not one of these heroes could of done this alone (except maybe the Hulk). It took all of them to be strong enough to defeat the Chitauri, get back the Tesseract and save the city.

Tony Stark was definitely the most dynamic character. He somehow managed to turn down his ego in order to work with the other Avengers. He wasn't the only one, though. Thor went through some changes when he faced his brother again. Bruce Banner learned to control the Hulk a little better. Director Fury never changes, though. He is still as cold and protocol driven as the day he was first introduced to Marvel fans.

The one thing I don't like about The Avengers is that it starts off a little too slow. After Loki steals the Tesseract, it takes a long time for the movie to pick up again. A large portion of the beginning of the film is just a bunch of random dialogue with a few plot points thrown in.

Other than the slow start, The Avengers is an amazing sci-fi superhero movie with plenty of action and a plot that actually has some depth. It's an all-around wonderful movie and is definitely worth watching.