IMDb > The Avengers (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Avengers

The Avengers More at IMDbPro »

Page 26 of 173: [Prev][21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [Next]

Such a great marvel super hero movie

Author: K Mallory from United States
5 May 2016

After a superhero Thors evil brother Loki gains control of the tesseract, he becomes a threat to earth. The director of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury, organizes the superhero group known as the avengers to stop him.

The avengers was produced by Joss Whedon. The movie came out in 2012. The avengers is a very exciting movie with really good fighting scenes in it. The avengers movie is about Loki and his army fighting against the Avengers for the tesseract in new York city. The tesseract is an unlimited energy power source. S.H.I.E.L.D. found the tesseract deep in the ocean at the same time when they found Captain America in the ocean. Loki having the tesseract would be very dangerous to earth so nick fury got the avengers together to stop him. The avengers consist of iron man, captain America, hulk, thor, black widow, and hulk eye.

In the movie, I liked all of the special effects. The backgrounds music and sound effects were also good. The graphics in the movie were also very good and made the movie better.

A major theme in this movie is heroism. Through out the movie, the avengers members were trying to protect every one on earth. Since the movie takes place in new York city, there were many people who lived in new York city who could have been hurt but many of them weren't injured at all because the avengers protected them.

Overall, this movie is very good. I've seen this movie many of times and I never get tired of watching it. If you like action movies, then I suggest you watch this movie. You will love the avengers.

Childhood dream

Author: Miguel Neto
30 April 2016

The Avengers is the best film of phase one of Marvel's cinematic universe, the movie is the dream of nerd fan of comics, the scene of heroes fighting the aliens are amazing, you see everything in the movie big screen is something without words, clearer the movie it is far from perfect, the jokes continue all the time, and had unnecessary scenes like the Hulk punch in Thor that many people laughed, I particularly found it unnecessary, the CGI movie is very well used, the performances are of average to good, the Villain away from the film is the best so far of all the Marvel films, Tom Hiddlestom is excellent, the film has script holes, for example the Hulk in the movie the incredible Hulk in the end it's to understand who controlled the creature, now that he does not control it was badly explained, the uniform of Captain America could be worse than the film the first Avenger, the Avengers is the dream of every comics fan, even with holes and forced jokes, the film has breathtaking fight scenes, see these heroes dividing the screen is something wordless. Note 8.6

Time to assemble one into many

Author: Mhmd_Elgammal
24 April 2016

It has finally happened! Marvel has done what has never been done before. It has taken numerous franchises of its comics and brought them all together on the big screen, and it was magnificent. Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk, SHIELD, and Captain America have come together to form the Avengers.

There was doubt about the Hulk in this movie considering the two disappointments in the previous Hulk movies. But this was the greatest Hulk in comparison to all previous Hulks. Mark Ruffalo, who plays the role of Dr. Bruce Banner, is a perfect match. He really redefined the not only Dr. Banner, but also the Hulk. Well done Marvel.

The drama between the heroes as the Avengers was forming was super, but it was short lived. The fight between Iron Man and Thor was cool, but it leaves a person wanting more. Later on, the Hulk and Thor fought, and it was awesome to see it on the big screen. It was also a little short, but it may have taken from the Avengers story if it were any longer.

The battle in New York was incredible. The Hulk was funny with his smashing tactics. There was one scene that was a single shot that led from one hero to the next across the city as each was fighting one of the villains. The fighting sequences and the choreography that was put together in that shot was impressive and entertaining.

Good actors all round.

Author: Tony Fisher from United Kingdom
21 April 2016

This film bought together some really good actors who really played their characters and got each ones message across. Although one issue that did seem to be apparent was the over all story arc.

It still followed the tried and tested method of villain comes in, hatches an evil plan, causes chaos that puts the heroes into disarray and just when it seems like all is lost the heroes manage to pull them selves together just in time to ruin the evil plans and save the world (not really a spoiler but does kind of give you the theme of things).

Credit should also be given to those that created the VFX, for those familiar with how iron man gets in and out of his suit the on screen animation is amazing to watch and undoubtedly took ages to work out.

The MCU truly takes flight.

Author: Taggard Andrews from Rochester, NY, USA
16 April 2016

The good - One of my favorite comic book movies of all time. It has amazing action scenes (the "one take" shot that shows what each hero is doing during the Battle of New York still makes me want to cheer), great ensemble chemistry, and a sense of fun that is supported by some dramatic tension. It captures the spirit perfectly and builds upon characters that were introduced in the previous MCU movies. Hard to believe that the only major character that was given any kind of introduction in this movie was Maria Hill.

The great - Ruffalo pulls off the best Bruce Banner ever to hit the screen. Perfect blend of smart ass, smart scientist, and asshole. And the Hulk was wildly fun as well.

The surprising - Of all the movies I have re-watched in this series, this one seems to have been most impacted (negatively) by the future MCU stories. (*MILD SPOILERS AHEAD*) The death of a major figure loses some of its impact, as you know he will be coming back and it undercuts some of the darkness and drama that my original watchings conveyed.

Summary - Still amazingly fun, and, by far, the best live-action comic book ensemble movie ever made and worth watching again and again., The Avengers has DC desperate to catch up and create their own DCCU, but I am not convinced Batman vs Superman will ever live up to this. Joss Whedon created an experience that was an amazing way to end Phase 1 and set us up for Phase 2!

Great movie

Author: Daniel Rivas from United States
8 April 2016

At first I was very surprised at how they made all the characters intertwine. I really enjoyed it from start to finish, leaving you with wanting to see more. I believe this set the film and the following self titled films for success. The CGI was right on top, as I would expect from a film like this, that relies heavily on it. Since going on DVD it was nice to re-watch it over and over to see things i missed the first time around. The cast is spot on for each of the characters and makes me want more. I really like the dialogue between the characters since this is the first time meeting them all at once. I think it was well written introducing each and their roles. A nice set up for the sequel.

The perfect superhero film

Author: Duncan Bourne from United Kingdom
3 April 2016

This is the perfect superhero film. You will not find much in the way of social comment (one bit about Loki & Nazis is a bit clunky), you will not find a great deal back-story or exploration of the depths of the characters. But this film doesn't need those it is awesome and it is fun! Striking the perfect balance between dark and light (in the pain vs fun sense) no time is wasted on introducing the heroes or the villains (it is assumed you know them already and of course you do)and the pacing is perfect. The action sequences are well done and pure comic book, there is no slacking in the pacing but you do not get a lot of the "what-the-hell-jst-happened" too fast to follow action . That is the essence of it, a comic brought to life in a way that you don't question. The balance of the characters is right too. Stark's smartass humour counterpoints Captain America's straight guy perfectly and the swaggering Thor goes well sided with the mild Banner and brutal Hulk. Hulk especially is someone who worries everyone in this, unpredictable yet necessary, he is a presence even when he isn't big and green. Sure there are some unbelievable bits, if I had taken even a fraction of the punishment Black Widow does whilst fighting the bad guys I would wind up dead or very injured at best and the consequence of actions taken is not always carried through but Hey! This is Marvel not Tolstoy and it delivers the goods as they fit within that universe.

One of the Best Superhero Movies Ever

Author: Nick Holland from Missouri, United States
27 January 2016

The Avengers is easily the best Marvel Cinematic Universe film to date. I would even go as far as to say that it is the best Marvel film to date. It was an amazing movie, filled with great special effects, and an AMAZING cast.

The movie opens, and a voice is describing a powerful object known as the Tesseract. We later learn that this is an Infinity Stone, one of the most powerful items in the universe. We then see Nick Fury and Dr. Erik Selvig talking about how the Tesseract is "misbehaving," which is not a good sign. They believe that it is a portal to the other side of space, and think that someone is messing with the portal on the other end, which was suggested by Hawkeye, a SHIELD agent. Out of nowhere, the notorious Loki appears through the portal, and kills multiple agents. He then takes Selvig and Hawkeye as mind slaves, and escapes with the Tesseract. A few people try to stop him, but they are unsuccessful. He escapes, and the title of the movie is announced. After this sequence, the movie goes on to Nick Fury assembling a team entitled The Avengers, and they must learn a way to work together in order to thwart Loki's scheme and save the world from an alien race called the Chitauri.

This movie is AMAZING. It includes one of the biggest casts in cinematic history, and mind blowing visuals. Just to give an idea of how big the cast is, let me give you a list: Robert Downey, Jr. (as Iron Man) Chris Evans (as Captain America) Mark Ruffalo (as Hulk) Scarlett Johansson (as Black Widow) Chris Hemsworth (as Thor) Jeremy Renner (as Hawkeye) Tom Hiddleston (as Loki) Gwyneth Paltrow (as Pepper) Stellan Skarsgard (as Dr. Erik Selvig) and Samuel L. Jackson (as Nick Fury)

Yeah, that's a lot. Now anyways, this movie has many ups, and few downs. To start, the visuals are amazing in the film. There isn't a moment where you might say "fake." All of it looks completely real. These visuals are at their peak in the final battle, known as the "Battle of New York." In said scene, Earth is being attacked by a species of alien called the Chitauri through a portal. The portal is positioned in the sky, directly above Stark Tower. There are giant monsters flying out of the portal, and superheroes clashing with them. This scene looks completely real. I felt as if I was in New York and was being attacked by aliens. That's just how good and immersive the film was.

The second topic I'd like to hit would be the cast/acting. The acting was amazing. As listed above, the movie has a huge star cast; all of them being great actors/actresses. The script also allowed for the characters to act different than from what they normally do (i.e., Captain America antagonizes others, Hulk doesn't like to get involved in fights, etc.). These varieties of personalities are executed perfectly by the cast.

Now that I have covered the main positives, let's go over some negatives. The main problem I had with this movie is the time spent getting the Avengers to be...well...The Avengers. I feel that if Marvel wanted a more accurate title, they should have called it "Assembling the Avengers." Throughout most of the film, Nick Fury and Phil Coulson are trying to get the Avengers to work together as a team. They finally do agree to work together, but only after Phil Coulson, also know as the "glue of the MCU," gets killed by Loki before the final battle goes down. At that point, we are an hour and thirty minutes into the movie, and have been ready for some good action for awhile, despite there have already been an epic fight between Iron Man and Thor.

Other than that, however, there weren't any negatives. This movie obviously has more yes's than no's. Overall, I would give this movie an A+, or a 10 out of 10.

Surprisingly it was very good

Author: lisafordeay from Ireland
1 January 2016

I seen this a few days ago on TV and I have never seen it before as I have the sequel on DVD so I said I might as well see what the original was all about. The film is about a group of superheros that are Hulk(Mark Ruffalo from 13 Going On 30),Iron Man(Robert Downey Jr from Only You),Black Widow(Scarlett Johansson from We Bought A Zoo),Captian America(Chris Evans who was the human torch in the original Fantastic Four films),Thor(Home & Away's Chris Hemsworth)and of course Hawkeye(played by Jeremy Renner)who are brought together to try and defeat Loki(Tom Hiddleston)who happens to be the god of mischief(yeah you know he was banished inside a Mask that was made into a film years ago with Jim Carrey yup thats Loki alright)and he of course is the brother of Thor(Hemsworth). So will our heroes save mankind and defeat Loki?

Bottom line I enjoyed this film,I liked how there was a cameo with Gwyneth Paltrow as Poppy Potts (the love interest of Iron Man Tony Stark),and Samuel L Jackson as the leader who is over The Avengers.The action sequences were great and my favourite characters have to be Iron Man and Hulk if there was a separate movie about these two characters I would definitely be watching it.As for the rest of the movie and cast its all pretty good too. Also watch out for the end of the post credits as the same guy who was in Age Of Ultron at the end of that movie also makes a cameo in this in the end(his a purple faced guy). All I am saying.

Bring Hogwarts to Reality

Author: nightmaregaga from USA
28 December 2015

Have you ever think of bring the magic world to reality. Well, it's not a dream now. Smart Hermione, evil but charming Bellatrix LeStrange, super cool ViKtor Krum or legendary hero Severus Snape? Which one do you like? We also have robes of different houses. Gryffindor,Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw , Slytherin ......Where is your destiny? We provide the best tailoring movie&TV cosplay costumes with free shipping worldwide. Safe payment and money back guarantee! Of course you can find more costumes and accessories&props from other pages of this website as well. Check more and surprise your self! http://www.moviescostume.com/harry-potter