IMDb > Orquesta tipica (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Orquesta tipica More at IMDbPro »

90 min with..

Author: charlotte-calvet from France
20 September 2006

Orquesta Tipica could have been a documentary of a London rock band. The plot is thrilling. It gives you a nice glimpse of the tango culture lived by 12 very contemporary guys. The gap between generations and backgrounds is there erased by passion for music and art. Its beautiful, it's smart and funny. It is not only a view on nowadays's Argentina, but also a token of a cultural confusion and the deep desire to get back to the roots, to re-find and redefine Argentina's true identity. In this period of globalization, where everything is the same everywhere, it seems necessary not to forget each culture identity, not to forget what we are made of. This documentary, its purpose, what it is made of, to me, enable that. At the end you can't help to like this bunch of guys, and sharing 90min of their life is just a very enriching experience..

excellent documentary on Argentinian music

Author: dromasca from Herzlya, Israel
18 July 2008

Orquestra Tipica opens a window in a music space little known in Europe. The prologue lets us know that surprisingly tango although so much associated with Argentina is no longer at fashion in that country. Here comes as a tango revival band composed by young people that plays with passion in the streets of Buenos Aires, tours the world and makes fantastic music. A music is strong and original but the documentary builds not only on good music, but also around the characters and style of life of the players, with dialogs and interviews related to tradition and revival of tango, with insides into the repetitions, preparation of concerts and making of music. Overall, one of the best music documentaries that I have seen lately.

Extraordinary!

Author: nadina-3 from United States
18 September 2007

One of the best music documentaries I have ever seen. As good as Gimme Shelter or Buena Vista Social Club. I did not only love the music but the way in which the story was told. It isl like watching a movie, not a documentary. Great storytelling. It's also a great excuse to travel to several places with the Orquesta Fernandez Fierro. Loved those 12 guys. 12 sexual fantasies in one band. I saw it at a film festival I can't wait to buy the one. You don't have to like Tango to get this one. Very entertaining and fresh. Now I know what the buzz was all about. I recommend it to everyone. Once againa, one of the best music documentaries I have ever seen.

The real Buenos Aires. Amazing!!!!

Author: martins-30 from Argentina
4 October 2006

I am not a tango lover, but after i saw the film Orquesta Tipica, I start to explore the amazing world of Milongas and the 2x4. I saw the movie in the Barcelona Festival. The movie inspire me the sensation of being part of the Orquesta Tipica Fernandez Fierro. They play the tango in a fabulous way. The tour through Europe show the life style that they have. The way that they sleep, eat or travel. They don't have a lot of money, but having fun it is not a problem. The way that the film had been filmed and edited was great. The director captured some extraordinary scenes in San Telmo, the oldest neighborhood of Buenos Aires where the Orchestra always play on the street. I had a good time with the movie. Best Wishes to the Director and the Orchestra.