IMDb > "Rules of Engagement" Pilot (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Rules of Engagement" Pilot (2007)

1 of 101 Episodes | Next »

Pretty Awesome First Episode

Author: Robyn Irving from Canada
6 February 2007

This show is about relationships, and the style of life people have, whether they're single, engaged, married or dating. Spade plays a single guy, Russell, who lives by his own rules. There's also an engaged couple, who's new to everything, and they're not too sure about it all, and then there's a couple who's been married for ten years, and they're kinda over it.

Since this sitcom is entirely new, it's hard to say exactly how good it is. Personally, I really liked it, me being a David Spade fan.

I'm sure it will develop more of a personality with a couple more episodes.

Average Start

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
29 October 2014

Now that "Rules Of Engagement" has been cancelled after 100 episodes E4 have decided to start airing them from the beginning again. I have several friends who love the show, but the few I have caught I've not been able to get away with, mainly due to me not liking Patrick Warburton who is one of the stars. I just don't find him very funny.

That said, since it was starting from the beginning again I decided to give it a go.

OK so in the pilot episode, we are introduced to two couples Jeff (Warburton) and Audrey (Megyn Price) a couple who have been married for several years. A newly engaged couple Adam (Oliver Hudson) and Jennifer (Bianca Kajlich) and their single friend Russell (David Spade)

Plot In A Paragraph: Adam proposes to Jennifer and moves in with her, their happiness is short loved when after taking some advice from Jeff (whose own wife is ignoring him) Adam upsets his new fiancée. Meanwhile Jennifer wants to set up Adams friend Russell with her friend.

It was an OK way to spend 30 minutes (counting the adverts) no big laughs, or even a hearty chuckle, but I smiled a few times. Russell seems to be the Barney Stinson type of character from "How I Met Your Mother". No bad thing.