IMDb > "Metalocalypse" Dethtroll (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

« Prev | 4 of 63 Episodes | Next »

The Tipping Point for Metalocalypse

Author: abq_controller from United States
25 November 2007

If you've watched up to this episode and don't get the humor, you aren't going to. This felt to me like the episode where the show really got its legs, or at least the viewer did. Almost like an extreme, animated, death-metal "Sienfeld", the band seems to get little done besides bickering about the annoying minutae of existence, while their actions and/or inactions have disastrous consequences. The carrying-on about the crappy cell phones could easily be a Kramer-conceived scheme that he got George, Elaine and Jerry roped into. Too funny! If you got this far in Metalocalypse and are laughing, just keep on going with it. It gets even better from here.

Absolutely Funny.

Author: Marina from United States
12 December 2008

I was never very interested in this show, I'd seen clips of it between commercials on Adult Swim, but it never seemed worthy of my time or attention. I was flipping channels one night and caught the latter half of this episode. I laughed out loud at the needing 'exactly 100 beers' line, and being a musician myself (I play the violin), I absolutely loved the comment about "music dyslexia" when it was pointed out that Toki couldn't read music. This episode is EASILY my favorite of all existing episodes, especially after seeing the entire episode on another night. There are so many funny comments, from the cellphones to the beers to the 'grandfather instruments' to the "Idea for a last song. Ever. Killed by a troll." line and the final scene where Dethklok is eating the charred troll meat as jerky.

After seeing this episode, I fell in love with this series and now own both seasons on DVD.