IMDb > Thugaboo: Sneaker Madness (2006) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Thugaboo: Sneaker Madness (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Review

Author: coolmg2 from United States
20 December 2006

Okay, so yeah, it's a terrible show for "younger" kids to watch...I absolutely agree with that. However, having watched it myself, I found it to be a non-stop laugh fest. I live in Brooklyn myself and I thought the social observations were absolutely hilarious. I think if you stop taking it so seriously, and enjoy it for what it's worth, you'll feel the same way.

And P.S - The end has a nice little lesson, the golden tuna if you will.

P.S.S - I can't wait for the Christmas special! I hope it's still coming out. In fact, I'm going to google it right now. (I'm crossing my fingers!)

I loved this program

Author: aprilsun-2 from United States
29 December 2006

I saw this program and Nickelodeon and thought it was a fresh new take on kids animation. It had a very positive message with enough humor to keep me interested as an adult. The songs and video at the end was adorable and especially loved the positive messages. I think it's about time we have a program like this which represents all different types of races to encourage kids today. I actually bought the DVD and my friends have as well for their kids. When I grew up, I remember watching shows that were only geared toward one race, such as Scooby Doo or Fat Albert. I never saw a show that had such a diverse mix of characters. Especially a group who hung out together as friends. I think it is a great program for kids and their parents to watch together.

I look forward to more shows.

Not as controversial as the Boondocks, yet not as fluffy as Nick Jr: The Comedic Redemption of the S&M Wayans?

Author: Nonya Biznez from United States
21 December 2006

Many deem this new source of entertainment from the infamously inappropriate Wayans brothers as "Ghetto-ish" and "Racist". I on the other hand, take pride in not being included in that "many". Viewing this two episodes of this program, it has proved to be nothing horrible -- although it has also proved to be something extraordinary.

Centered on the youngster D Roc and his busy and interesting neighborhood, I consider the show to be light-hearted for the most part, although it does have it's moments. Nonetheless, this show isn't as controversial as the Boondocks, but then again it is not necessarily a fluffy Nick Jr show either.

Personally, I found it a bit cute with the music videos filled with modern morals and it was occasionally funny with great voice talents. The music video at the end summing up the episode the revealing the moral of the story proved to be a bit entertaining also. This might be the redemption of Shawn's and Marlon's decline of enjoyable television and movies. However, the show does have it's flaws and falls short on a few other scales. But then again, I'm no children cartoon connoisseur. All in all, we must realize that in the end, it is a cartoon for the kids. I give the show 7 stars out of 10, as the show is a bit average, yet it is still a step above mediocrity.

thuga boo

Author: nvmest2000 from United States
21 December 2006

this cartoon is not right,lol I totally disagree with a lot of things it portrayed however it ended on a positive note , but as for me and mine we will not be viewing this in our household mainly because we fight against stereotypes every day and this cartoon just confirms what most white people feel black people act like

the comment one of the little black girls made on the cartoon was that her boyfriend was so conscious (he was white ) that really offended me that's not something we as black people take lightly conscious is a state of being that black people achieve when they realize their true ability

Really awful cartoon for the young generation

Author: pspvinyllogos from United States
10 September 2006

By far the most racist and ghettoish cartoon for children 7+. Kids who watch this cartoon will most likely try to dress, talk, and act like the characters portrayed. I am disappointed in Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. for agreeing to air this terrible program. The Wayan's Brothers may be good in movies meant for the young adult viewers. They should stick to the movies and not make any more episodes for this cartoon. Usually The young celebs start off working in movies and doing voice-overs for cartoons and then as they grow older, they move up to programs for young adults. A good example is Nick Cannon. He first started out with appearing in All-That, Later on he starred in MIB II, then Drumline, and now his TV show, Nick Cannon Presents: Wild 'N Out, where comedians compete by telling inappropriate jokes. This comment was originally for Thugaboo, but I wanted to show examples of how celebs kids watched on TV not long ago can become those who get involved with non-kid-friendly programs. It is very sad that this happens, but all celebs change and grow up. It is just the opposite with the Wayan's Brothers new cartoon. It is bad enough we have to deal with all the bad people from the ghettos, with allowing the young generation watch this program, it will just convert the kids with possibilities to the ones who don't have a chance at a good life. Just my feelings on this cartoon and my beliefs on what will happen to our children if they were to watch it.