7 items from 2007
Saw producer Mark Burg and Roxanne Avent are executive producing the horror feature, which introduces the chain-wielding killer Chain Man (Michael Bailey Smith). Matthew Cohen, Cody Kasch, Michael J. Pagan, Cherilyn Wilson, Reed and Segan play his targets. Clifton Powell will play their high school coach, and Russell and David Will play the police officers on the killer's tail.
Since writing and starring in thirteen, Reed has appeared in Lords of Dogtown and Mini's First Time. Segan had a breakout turn in Brick and will be seen in The Brothers Bloom. David has appeared in dozens of films, including Crash and Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
Reed is repped by Paradigm. Segan is repped by WMA and Untitled Entertainment. »
- Days Left Before Sundance: updateCountdownClock('January 17, 2008'); Yesterday, the Sundance Film Fest officially announced the first title selected for their 2008 edition (film opener is Martin McDonagh's In Bruges) and The Hollywood Reporter got the rumor mill started naming Phoebe in Wonderland, What Just Happened?, The Great Buck Howard, Incendiary and The Wackness as possible selections (for the record they’ve named 3 other titles that match with our previsionary list as well).A little less than a week left until the Sundance film festival reveals its entire line-up (Wednesday & Thursday of next week) we here at Ioncinema.com headquarters like to guestimate the films that have fabulous chances at preeming at the event. Keeping track on all U.S indie developments is the name of our game, so without much further ado – here is a potential list of 20 films comprised of long shots, low probabilities and a couple of »
- It's a major play in the indie film biz - medium level distributor Summit Entertainment has picked up what will be and what already is one of the most sought after titles for 2008. Variety reports that the company has picked up the North American distribution rights to The Brothers Bloom.The picture is Rian Johnson's sophmore feature after his high-school film noir (Brick) Sundance flick that found many fans. Starring Adrien Brody, Rachel Weisz, Mark Ruffalo and Rinko Kikuchi, The Brothers Bloom covers many European locations and revolves around two brothers who are among the world's best con artists. The younger brother decides to quit their life of crime, but he's persuaded to do one more job, swindling an eccentric millionaire. Expect this to be a major tentpole film for Summit - they are beffing up their 2008 slate which at the present time consists of Paul McGuigan's »
- I imagine there are tons of actresses who on command can act “distraught” and can “bereave” on cue, but somehow this piece of casting appears to be a dead on choice. First name to board Peter Jackson’s highly anticipated adaptation of the Alice Sebold novel as the grieinving mother is: Rachel Weisz. One of the only bright spots in My Blueberry Nights, Weisz will play the mother of a young girl who is abducted and murdered. The actress is completing The Brothers Bloom and is attached to projects like Heaven and Earth, Definitely, Maybe , Dirt Music and The Colossus. Variety reports that DreamWorks’ The Lovely Bones begins production on the film in October. Carolynne Cunningham, Jackson, Walsh and Aimee Peyronnet will produce, while Film 4's Tessa Ross will exec produce with Ken Kamins and Jim Wilson. The film will shoot in Pennsylvania and New Zealand. »
- Many folks are already chalking this down as one of the must see films for 08’, coincidently, actor Mark Ruffalo appears to be chalking up a slew of intriguing roles with dynamic filmmakers. Variety reports that Ruffalo will star in Blindness helmed by Cidade De Deus and The Constant Gardener director Fernando Meirelles. Scripted by Don McKellar, the English-language film based on the 1995 novel by Portuguese Nobel Prize winner Jose Saramago, is a philosophical thriller about an epidemic of blindness that sweeps through an unnamed contemporary city and pushes society to the brink of breakdown. Ruffalo will play a doctor who loses his sight along with everyone else in town, except the doc's wife (played by Julianne Moore) – Daniel Craig was once attached to play the part. Apart from the Focus Features project, Ruffalo has a voice part in Chicago 10 and will be later seen on screen on Ryan Johnson’s The Brothers Bloom, »
- If your name is Rian Johnson your feeling pretty good these days - after the breakout high school homage to film noir tale of Brick he is currently filming in eastern europe with some high profile talent on the Focus Features project.The Brothers Bloom revolves around two brothers who are among the world's best con artists. The younger brother decides to quit their life of crime, but he's persuaded to do one more job, swindling an eccentric millionaire. The folks at AICN are over there right now covering the production and have scored some neat-o pics plus a couple of high quality film stills - you can click (here) for one featuring Babel's Rinko Kikuchi is full gear, here is one featuring (click here) Rachel Weisz who passed up on The Mummy 3.0 and the shot you see above of Adrien Brody, Mark Ruffalo and Kikuchi in a »
Screenwriter-director Rian Johnson has cast Oscar winner Adrien Brody and Oscar nominee Rinko Kikuchi to join Oscar-winner Rachel Weisz in Endgame Entertainment's The Brothers Bloom, an international con man adventure that is Johnson's follow-up to 2005's teen film noir Brick.
The Weinstein Co. International is selling foreign territories at this month's Berlin International Film Festival; CAA and Cinetic Media are selling domestic rights. The project is produced by Ram Bergman and Endgame Entertainment's Jim Stern.
Endgame has raised equity financing for the film, budgeted at more than $20 million and scheduled to start production March 19 in 12 countries in Europe, Scandinavia and Asia.
Brody will play Bloom, the younger brother in a veteran team of con men who falls for a mysterious millionaire (Weisz) who turns the tables on them as they take on one last job after Brody threatens to quit the family business. Kikuchi will play the brothers' sexy and secretive accomplice.
Brothers reunites Bergman and Johnson, who teamed on the critically hailed rookie feature Brick, which won the Special Jury Prize at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival and was released by Focus Features. »
7 items from 2007
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.See our NewsDesk partners