IMDb > Fall Down Dead (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Fall Down Dead

Fall Down Dead More at IMDbPro »

it doesn't make sense that this film made it to the theaters

Author: causednomad from Turkey
23 July 2007

I saw this movie today and I am really shocked. this is one of those films that you can't understand how anybody didn't stand and say "hey wait a minute! this is crappy, we can't show this to people". maybe i'm a little bit exaggerating the situation, but maybe i'm not. the story is bad but not the worst. I can consider it OK. screenplay is really bad. acting is so poor that it is difficult for me to find the right word in English (which is not my native language) to describe it. even Udo Kier is bad in this one. during the whole movie, I was all like "what are they doing man? why would a cop do that?!". yep, the film doesn't make sense at all. and I have a few words about audio effects. it's not cool man, it sure is not cool. it is even unethical to use thrilling voices this much. two or three times in the movie, you hear increasing and disturbing voices and it turns out that there was no voice at all. it was just... not the killer. not a rat. not a machine. not the air floating through the corridors. it was just nothing. just an effect right there, occurring in the theater. I think there is a misunderstanding. producers of this film really misunderstood the thrillers they've seen so far.

p.s.: Hitchcock reference was annoying. i am offended as an admirer of Hitchcock's work.

Terribly bad. It's a walk out of the theater one .

Author: Bogdan Florin from Romania
5 October 2007

I usually stay at the movies until the end, no matter how bad they are, but the incredibly stupid script, terribly bad acting and very very poor and lame storyline made me resist for only 3 quarters of the movie.

I just don't get it how so many people (about 140 at the time of this review) gave this piece of "art" 10's unless they are relatives to the actors or movie staff. Please don' be deceived and just ignore the 10's and you'll get a picture of how bad the movie really is.

This movie is an insult to an average people's intellect, and it's a real shame. Don't go !

Unbelievably bad

Author: dark-outskirts from Bucharest, Romania
4 October 2007

I just saw this movie yesterday...and as much as i hate the expression "this is the worst movie i ever saw", i can really use it this time with no remorse.

This movie contains horrible acting, horrible screenplay, lousy effects and the only "horror" thing about it is the idea that you paid to see it.

If this movie would've been presented as a parody, it would have had much more catch to the public, it actually reminded me about Scary Movie, only this was meant to be serious.

The plot holes (if you can call that a plot) also keep showing up, and the main target was Stefan Kerchek, the cop who showed up at the "crime scene" and proved to be useless. You can see he had a some pills with him when he arrived that he kept taking to...calm him down (more than 20 pills at first), after 10 minutes he has none left (but at the ending, in the ambulance, the pills are all back again. Then there is the "Kevlar jacket" thing...he gets shot, he bleeds from the stomach, but later when the criminal shoots him again (3 times) he doesn't die because he has Kevlar...where was the Kevlar 15 minutes earlier when he got shot?

Oh and there is so much more stupidity in the movie, i better not...ruin the surprise.

If you have a sense of humor, go see this movie, but you really must imagine you're watching a parody. I give it 2/10.

What a Garbage!

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
23 June 2011

In a big American city, the serial killer The Picasso Killer (Udo Kier) is terrorizing the dwellers and the police department does not have lead to find him. The bartender Christie Wallace (Dominique Swain) dreams on moving to the countryside with her six year-old daughter Zoe to have a peaceful life far from the violence of the city.

Late night of Christmas Eve, Christie leaves the Tides Bar where she works and walks back home. In an alley, she sees a woman dying covered on blood and The Picasso Killer sees Christie and chases her. She runs to a commercial building where the night watchman Wade (David Carradine) is reluctant to open the door and does not give credit to Christie. She calls the police and Detectives Stefan Kerchek (Mehmet Günsür) and Lawrence Kellog (R. Keith Harris) attend the call. When Christie tells that she can recognize the infamous serial-killer, there is a blackout, the phones are dead and the detectives cannot call the precinct. They lock the building waiting for reinforcement but sooner they find that The Picasso Killer has broken in the building and their lives are in danger.

The dull and lame "Fall Down Dead" has one of the worst screenplays I have ever seen. The plot begins with the free nudity of the character Marie, performed by Jennifer Alden and that does exist only to show her naked body in the bathroom. Then two experienced detectives and a security guard, all of them armed, are easily subdued by the serial-killer that is unarmed. The self-proclaimed The Picasso Killer tells that Christie would be his Mona Lisa; wouldn't be more appropriate the nickname The Leonardo da Vinci Killer? Last but not the least, Stefan Kerchek is shot three times, stabbed, falls from a significant height and is almost dying; out of the blue, he starts walking as if he would be healed in a laughable situation. My vote is one (awful).

Title (Brazil): "Isolados" ("Isolated")

The worst I've seen lately...

Author: votr69 from Montréal, Canada
15 February 2008

I can't believe David Carradine agreed to participate on this movie. It is the worst thing I've watched since somebody lent me "Today you Die" with fat,out of shape Steven Seagal. The beginning is catchy but, after the first 10 minutes there is no mystery what so ever. The cops are very pathetic and the killer is not a believable character. It looks like if at the end the makers of the film were trying to add something interesting and dramatic but, instead added more flaws to the whole production. It is a slow pace movie. I'm sure that the original idea was good but the producers couldn't find the way to make it leave a nice impression on the audience. I was so annoyed by the fact that I had wasted my time watching this movie that I joined this website so, I could let it out.

an OK horror film

Author: rebell22 from Turkey
19 July 2007

I just saw it in the premiere here in Istanbul. The movie will come out in Turkey and Romania, it will probably go directly to the video in other countries. It's about a killer who is inspired by paintings and killing for art! Two cops and a few other people are trapped in a building to help him perform his art. The movie has a great cast and they are doing their best to keep the movie watchable, it has an OK story but it has very poor directing. The special effects and the sound effects are awful. The music also doesn't do any good. It worths a rent just for the great cast. If you don't like any of the actors in it, give it a miss.

It should have, before being released...

Author: MrGKB from Ohio
20 October 2011

...if you catch my drift. A cheap-o affair shot in North Carolina, "Fall Down Dead" sports a terrible script, indifferent direction, and some of the lamest acting from a handful of recognizable names and a slew of unknowns that I've seen in a long time. Well, maybe not that long, but Udo "Mark of the Devil" Kier should be slapped for paycheck-taking, David "Kung-Fu" Carradine should be spinning in his grave, and Dominique "Lolita" Swain should realize she badly needs a new agent.

Have I wasted enough words? This is garbage, kiddies, plain and simple. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Terrible..

Author: potts_antony from United Kingdom
22 August 2011

... truly terrible. Poor acting. Poor story. Unrealistic characters. I gave up about 3/4 of the way through the film. None of the characters seem to be like real people. None of them have realistic reactions to the situations that are thrown at them, therefore no suspense is created. The policeman who finds the janitor dead, then finds the cleaner and is more interested in chatting her up, than getting his gun out and protecting them. Why would the armed police lock themselves in the building, rather than getting outside and calling for help? How can the main female lead fight off the murderer, when he seems indestructible, later in the film? I'm truly surprised that a quality actor like Udo Kier stooped so low as to make this. This should have been straight to video - reduced bin. Don't bother.

A movie that starts out terrifying and builds to a slow and disappointing movie. Could have been so much better. I say B-

Author: Tony Heck (cosmo_tiger@hotmail.com) from United States
10 June 2011

"You shall die, to be re-born as my art." When single mother Christie (Swain) leaves her job on Christmas Eve night she is attacked by the Picasso Killer (Kier) on her way home. After running to the nearest building and the cops show up she thinks she is safe. Soon she and everyone else realizes that no one is safe, anywhere. This movie started off really exciting and terrifying, then steadily slowed down until the end. The killer went from being really frightening to a little unbelievable. I will admit that Udo Kier kept up the creepy factor the whole time though. Much like "Silence Of The Lambs" the killer skins his kills and turns it into "Art". Some of the scenes are pretty graphic, but nothing that seems to over the top. I felt the movie had much more potential, and had a chance to be really good and creepy but never got to where it needed to. Overall not a bad movie, but could have been so much better. I give it a B-.

Would I watch again? - I don't think I will.

What a mess!!

Author: dollce_aqua from Romania
23 April 2008

To begin with I have to say that the beginning is good,because I was surprised to see(Mihaela Radulescu)the first actress;she is an important person in my country and that's way I thought that the film will be very good and I will have a scary night at last.But the time was passing by,the film was rolling and I got very disappointed.The acting was very poor even though the actors are famous...The sounds from the film weren't at the right place...nothing was happening but the sounds were there.

In the first place the cops were so stupid in that case were you have to be very scared and worried...to hurry up and call for protection..they were so indifferent..God!!!...you stay and wait for the next play and the cops were just ''playing''..you lose all in what concerns the film.

In the second place i want to say that i'm sorry for Mrs.Udo Kier..who is a great actor..but in this one?!!What have you done,Udo?..and I'm referring to the rest of the cast too.

To conclude..I have to say that it is a bad movie due to it's plot and for those who like horror movie,don't see it..I'm still wondering why I have seen it...I give it 2/10