- An opening segment set in the past during which one of the main character's parents is killed. The story then jumps ahead to the present time to show the surviving parent obsessed with solving the prior mysterious events.
- Godzilla travels to San Francisco, destroying the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Ancient enemies are reawakened.
- Godzilla battles a flying monster, which he hunts to kill.
- Godzilla blows his atomic breath into the enemy monster, decapitating it.
- It ends with Godzilla returning to the sea.