"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" Toe Tags (2006)

« Prev | 144 of 335 Episodes | Next »

One KICK Ass Episode!!

Author: deezizzle from PA
5 October 2006

Just finished watching "toe tags" I just have to say it was one of the coolest CSI's I've seen in a long time. It was well done and I enjoyed every single minute of the episode. I'm not going to say anything more except if you missed it.. DO not mist the rerun.. well done CSI.. you just might have earned an Emmy nod with this one.. at least I think they should! I have always enjoyed CSI but so far this has been one of the best seasons ever. I've enjoyed every episode since the season premiere. But "Toe Tags" tops all of the previous 2006-2207 season episodes. Whoever wrote this episode or came up with the idea is a genius. Kudos to the writing team of "Toe Tags" you get two thumbs up for this episode for sure!

Morgue Turns Into A Chat Room

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
12 December 2008

This episode has a very unique angle: dead people talking to each other in the morgue, explaining (by showing us) what happened to them! Pretty original.

The episode is divided into four "chapters," the first one being "American Beauty" where a dead body is found in an elevator. It turns out she drowned and was dragged to that spot. It looks like a high roller from Hong Kong did the dirty deed. The woman was a San Francisco cop moonlighting as a bodyguard for the man.

"No Brainer" is the title of Chapter 2, because a woman's brain fell out of her head while she fell from a cliff and bounced along the side of the hill. Yup, nobody takes death or grossness too seriously on this show, as jokes abound.

The third has a nice guy, just back from second tour of Iraq, being murdered at a gas station by some crazed wacko, high on a joint laced with embalming fluid, hence the title "Embalmy Day." It's just a random, senseless killing, with the point being that none of us are safe anywhere. This is a sad story, especially since the man's young wife and baby witnessed the killing.

The fourth is kind of silly but is CSI's version of a famous slasher flick, calling it "The Nevada Chainsaw Massacre."

All-in-all, this was a very entertaining episode, and certainly an original story line.

Well thought out episode

Author: moonman190 from United States
26 November 2006

In "Toe Tags" multiple dead bodies are found. The dead corpses tell their bloody, evil-fated stories in the coroner's office. First is "American Beauty." Donna is found dead in an elevator wrapped in a towel. Catherine finds a towel fiber which means she was dragged. When Donna is flipped she leaks out a little water from he lungs. Brass wonders how you could drown in an elevator. Second is "No Brainer." Rebecca is found dead at the bottom of a cliff after letting her husband take pictures of her. Coroner, David, quickly discovers that her brain is gone, which Greg quickly finds, still intact. Third is "Embalmy Day." Jack was a stabbing victim at a gas station. The suspect, Russel rams full speed into a police cruiser. When Sofia gets the call she finds a bloody knife in the back seat. Nick apologizes to Jack's wife, but Jack smiles and says "I got to hold my baby girl." Fourth and Finally is, my favorite, "The Nevada Chainsaw Massacre." Grissom and Sara investigate two men, Ray Gaynor and Lou Beltran, who were killed by a chainsaw. One of them has is arm sliced right off. They find it hard to re-enact because the blood spatter splattered in a very odd way. In the very end Grissom is showing student around the lab and the dead bodies. One asks why he does the job, Grissom answer's "Because the dead can't speak for themselves."

CSI trying something new...

Author: Michael DeZubiria (wppispam2013@gmail.com) from Luoyang, China
17 October 2008

CSI is one of my favorite shows, but I have to admit that one of the drawbacks of the show is that it has almost always followed a variation of the same basic format for almost the entire running of the series up to this point. In this episode, they try a little story-telling experiment, and it doesn't really work out so well.

There are four separate cases dealt with in this episode, and they are presented in an interesting way, but the problem is that they are introduced and wrapped up far too quickly and, most of all, the corpses talk. I don't know whose idea that was, but the talking corpses was goofy in the extreme.

As soon as the eyes popped open on one at the beginning of the episode, I thought that someone had suddenly come back to life somehow and my interest was immediately piqued. But then I realized that autopsies had already been performed and my eyes glazed over for the rest of the episode.

It's an otherwise entertaining episode and we get to see Grissom giving some kind of lecture tour, bringing students through the crime lab (I never knew this was part of his job), but the theatrics really brought it down.

Love CSI, but seen better episodes

Author: jamesnmeag from Birch Run, MI
6 October 2006

CSI is a great show, but this was kind of a let down show after the strong start to the season with the first two episodes! I am confident that the rest of the season will be great like the show has been for years! This episode strayed a bit from the other episodes, and was not as good I feel as CSI can be! Part of what makes CSI great is the way that the team solves the murders and I thought that in this episode some of the that was just rushed through, and there were never really a multitude of suspects for any of the four investigations that the teams performed! Each of the cases was interesting, but with this episode I was left wanting more content as they quickly solved and then jumped to the next investigation!