IMDb > "Monk" Mr. Monk and the Big Game (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Monk" Mr. Monk and the Big Game (2006)

« Prev | 64 of 125 Episodes | Next »

simply terrific

Author: elisabete-santos from Brazil
10 October 2006

I started watching Monk not long ago, through cable TV. At first I was just amazed watching the main character do strange things. Then I couldn't stop watching the movies because it is the only TV show that really, really, really makes me laugh. At every show I get anxious to see what "comes next" when it comes to Monk's behavior. I think one of the most hilarious act was to see Monk ironing his shoelaces in the episode where he plays his assistant's assistant at a basketball game ! that was really funny ! I would like to compliment Mr. Jack Bernstein. I admire his ideas of acts one has never heard of ! Also, a special compliment goes to Mr. Shalhoub. He is the right guy to play that role, no doubt about it.

Mr. Monk and the Big Game

Author: Anika Durand (nikidurand) from United States
22 July 2006

Last season the writers began turning the conventions of the show on its ear. The first three episodes continues this and Monk fans won't be disappointed. I really like that the writers and cast take chances with the content and their characters- it's refreshing when many shows seem content with the formula they've created. I also love the show because they use Monk's OCD as a comedic device yet always balance it with compassion. In this third episode Adrian Monk gets to confront his number one phobia- germs- many times as the Julie and her friends hire him to solve a case. He also becomes Natalie's assistant for the first time. She relishes this turn of events. The writers also have fun with Monk's traditional summation of the case- it's pretty funny!

good write

Author: debydevid from United States
27 May 2011

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it. Thanks for showing up such fabulous information. I like this post, keep writing and give informative post...! The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.

London Seo

More Silliness

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
7 August 2007

Julie's basketball coach is murdered in the girls' locker room via electrocution and it's ruled an accident. However, the girls think something is fishy and several of them go to Monk to ask him to investigate.

It looks like this might be what I was hoping for after two silly episodes to begin the fifth season: an episode where the crime case is given decent air time. However, it quickly evolves into a story of Natalie and Monk taking over the coaching reins for the final game of the season. It still had some humorous material here - Monk ironing his shoelaces, for example - and there but not with the basketball scenes, which were ludicrous.

We learned Monk was a stoolie for the principal when he was in high school. No wonder he wasn't popular. It's also revealed he never won a trophy in his entire life, and he'd love to have one. If the girls win the game, he'll get one so he's motivated, even though he's clueless about basketball, of course.

They really stretch things as Natalie gets thrown out of the game and Monk has to coach in the final dramatic moments. Man, I'm wondering if they are ever going to go back and concentrate more on the crime cases at hand. "Silly" has replaced "clever" for most of these shows in the past year or so. This was one of the dumbest episodes ever.