IMDb > My Christmas Soldier (2006) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

My Christmas Soldier (V) More at IMDbPro »

History tells a story

Author: Cassie Barrow from United States
17 January 2007

I have always had a love for history so this movie interested me before I ever saw it. Once I viewed it, I was in awe of the depth of the story. It is not just about a normal plot that is similar to another movie, but it encompasses what is human, hate, curiosity, and love. It tells a story of who we are, people who like to hate the unknown and believe the propaganda being feed to us by the media. Yet, some of us are curious about things we have not seen and risk ourselves to find out the truth. The most endearing part is that in the end we all have the ability to love one another. It takes a simple song to make the people realize this in the movie. The story has a simplicity to it that even a child can understand, but the message is for the adults. The fact that it is based on true events makes it even better.

Children lead a small town past their fears to a place of common ground

Author: brightfuturefilmproducti from United States
29 January 2007

With images of fear and hatred all around them, a young brother and sister chose to listen to their own instincts of trust and care. They follow their curiosity past their fears and find that no matter how different people can be, with the Spirit of Love and Peace, we can all find common ground. This film ushered the "Christmas Spirit" into our home. After we watched it, there were days of questions, research and enlightenment for my children. Knowing that the events in the film were based on historical events that actually happened, made this piece even more heartwarming and life-touching. The talent is sincere and the scenery authentic. Every family should see this. Don't wait until Christmas!