IMDb > Tinker Bell (2008) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Tinker Bell (V) More at IMDbPro »

Sweet Family Film, Better Than Many Theatrically Released Disney Films

Author: brettster from United States
27 September 2008

Saw this movie today (9/26/08) with my young nieces at a special El Capitan Theatre preview in Los Angeles. We were all delighted by Tink's excellent backstory, the ingenious story and the handsomely rendered 3-D animation. Cast is uniformly excellent, including Lucy Liu, Kristen Chenoweth and Anjelica Houston. This was much better than some of the theatrically released Disney animated films I've seen (notably "Atlantis"), making it among the best of the Mouse's direct-to-video titles. Well worth checking out with your kids, but don't be surprised if you find a tear in your own eye at the conclusion of this delightful surprise.

Sweet and charming CGI Disney movie

Author: StartingAllOver14 from Norway
26 October 2008

I saw this movie last Saturday when they showed it randomly on Disney Channel (in Norway) and I was pleasantly surprised. I've seen some trailers and clips from this movie and the animation looked quite good, so although my expectations weren't the highest, I still hoped that "Tinker Bell were going to be a watchable picture - which it turned out to be.

It's a shame that this film wasn't released on theaters, cause, like Brettster said, it was much better than Disney's recently theatrical releases ("Chicken Little", "The Wild") and a whole lot better than the previous "Peter Pan"-cartoon, "Return to Neverland".

Anyway, about the movie; It is very sweet in many ways. The mood is reminiscent at the Disney features from the 90's. The animation is absolutely beautiful and detailed and the delightful score (which is sometimes Irish inspired) provides the sweet, enchanting mood of the film. The characters are cute and adorable and the moral is a good one. The movie is a film that families can safely watch together.

And then there's the songs; "Tinker Bell" doesn't contain many songs, which is good, cause often the songs on Disney's non-theatrical releases are quite mediocre. While the songs on "Tinker Bell" aren't memorable, they are not disturbing neither and are quite all right.

So do your self a favor and check out "Tinker Bell"

A very sweet and funny film

Author: David Robertson (wliia) from Australia
30 January 2009

I admit, I am a fan of Tinker Bell (something a 22 year old MALE wouldn't approve of, like me), and I've always wanted to see this enchanting but short film. It's magical in every way.

Tinker Bell is born as a tinker, a fairy who makes teapots out of nuts. She does not approve of this and wants to be like the other fairies that travel to the mainland. But when she tries to be something that she isn't, she creates disaster. She soon learns that being who you really are can be useful if you just believe in yourself.

What really surprised me in this film was the cast. Most of these cast members you'll already know, like Mae Whitman (best known as Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender), America Ferra (TV's Ugly Betty), Rob Paulsen (Danny Phantom) and even Steve Valentine (TV's Crossing Jordan).

Overall, this is a very sweet and funny film that, despite its short running time, will leave its magic mark of pixie dust with you forever. It certainly did it on me! ^_^

Beautiful!

Author: Vastarien202 from United States
15 December 2008

This was a wonderful movie! I think it was as good as anything Disney has done in last 15 years. What really set this apart from most of the DVD fare is the incredible score, with music from Loreena McKennit! I could really relate to Tink's desire to find who she is and why. I looked everywhere for MY Talent, and it's taken a long time for me to really be happy with myself just the way I am. That's one of the most important and easily forgotten things you can learn in your life, and I'm glad to see that in any movie. The only thing I would have changed was the addition of so much Pop in the soundtrack. I much prefer the orchestral and Choir work to the latest Tween princess crap. Give this a chance, at least a rental. Just enjoy it for what it is, and believe again.

loved it

Author: altodorable-kelbel from United States
30 November 2008

i am obsessed with Tinkerbell too, just like other people who wrote comments. also i have read peter pan and researched into James Barrie's life for hours on end, but I still loved this movie. it was adorable and cute and even though they changed the feisty Tinkerbell that was, it was placed before peter pan. no, she can't talk in peter pan but it's probably because she is so small maybe human's couldn't hear her but since peter pan was magical he could hear her so they just didn't make her lines. no, it's not exactly what Barrie wrote but i still think he would be pleased with the movie. it was very creative and i loved it!

Great movie for little girls

Author: mrsluggy2001 from United States
30 July 2009

My 3 year old daughter absolutely adores this movie. In fact, she likes it better than many of the more highly touted Disney theatrical releases.

The character of Tinker Bell is truly charming, and in my opinion, much more enjoyable than the classical portrayal in Peter Pan. Sue me, I LIKE that Tink can speak. She's still gutsy, and independent, but in this movie has far better motivations for her actions than jealousy over Peter Pan.

All of the faeries' characterizations were entertainingly done, and I like that they all had their own "thing" going on. Other plus points include some really pretty animation (young girls in particular will love the eye-popping colors and the liberal use of sparkle) and a good overall message. Both my daughter and myself enjoyed the celtic-inspired score and tunes, so if your child likes different types of music other than just top 40 pop, she/he should enjoy this as well.

My only minor quibble is that at times the dialogue is a tad insipid and inane, and the over-use of the term "Sweetie" when the faeries are addressing each other.

For a movie that was designed for the home DVD market, I think that this one delivers much more bang for your entertainment buck than many of the big budget theatrical releases.

Really Enjoyable

Author: gtequila369 from United States
24 May 2009

When I saw this with my little sister I didn't expect to enjoy it so much. The animation was great and the scenery was beautiful. The characters were lovable and plot was interesting. It contained themes that I think people of all ages and genders can relate to. It was touching and sweet at the same time. I really loved it. They did a good job of expanding on the character of tinker bell. They were successful in making her an extremely multi-faceted character. Her search to find herself and her flaws make her an interesting heroine. I thought that the movie gave off a positive message that we can all learn from about accepting who you are. I didn't want the movie to end. I cant wait to watch the next Tinker Bell movie.

Good cute movie when you see it separately from Peter Pan...

Author: berynn
17 July 2010

For me that cartoon is good, but Tinker Bell here is not the Tinker Bell from Peter Pan... It might be the same person but she's not the same person, not same character... Just not the same... But still good and cute. Not really any bad character in the movie, that is relaxing and very different of most where there are villains... The worst "villain" here is another fairy, jealous for actually no reason, just like kids fight, not real ones... But just forget about Peter Pan and all that, it's not the same... If you think it's Peter Pan fairy, you'll hate that movie... If you see it differently well you might like it :)

we like these movie too much

Author: amlanmaity from Westbengal, India
9 February 2016

we,people from India(me and many friend) Like all part of tinker bell.we need or want more like these.so kindly create more animation specially tinker bell. i think this kind of concept and imagination is great.it also better for children.and also these animation make mind free,nice,peaceful. make you a dream man. there is another animation which help to thought about animals.yes its about ice age.i know its not yours.but good is good.however we wait for tinker bell part 7/8/9/10,………………… i don't know about other country or other people but we Indian,king of emotions.always like these movie……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Great Direct To DVD

Author: amour88 from Canada
3 July 2014

Tinker Bell is a surprising good direct to DVD. It tells the story of Tinker Bell's origins. It has plenty of charm and is pretty funny too. this movie shows you should be proud of your talents and not to try and be something you're not.At first Tink does not want to be a "tinker" but she comes to realize that she was born to be a "tinker". Her friends are supportive and always encourage her. Tink is a great character,she is hard working and loyal. She is a great role model to girls. She loves and is great at building things which you don't see too much in kids movies. Unlike most Disney movies she does not need a boy to rescue her.