IMDb > Return to Halloweentown (2006) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Not Return to Halloweentown, more like Come to Crap-O-Weentown

Author: lemon-lime-pie-2 from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
29 October 2006

This was a disgrace to the Halloweentown trilogy! It didn't make sense, the plot was boring and the acting was pretty bad. Sara Paxton could not pull off the role of a collage student, and I didn't like how they made Marnie and Ethan flirt with each other. It was a disgrace to the Halloweentown movies and deserves to be eliminated. I didn't like how there was no Aggie! It made this movie worse than what it already was. Debbie Reynolds and Kimberly J. Brown always played the leads and they basically made the Halloweentown movies. And neither of them were in this one! That is too stupid for words. I wish that they would have waited for Kimberly to finish her other film, and added Aggie to the script. And put Sophie in there! I can't believe Disney did this! I'm disappointed.

Purely Disappointing

Author: dancegurl13 from United States
23 October 2006

This 4th movie is a pure embarrassment to the other Halloween town movies. As if the numerous goofs were not enough, the acting was simply atrocious. Sara Paxton is definitely NOT a suitable replacement for Kimberly J Brown, and does not follow the characteristic of the previous Marnie-who was confident, bold, brave, smart, and could speculate deception. The Marnie portrayed by Sara Paxton is a cowardly, timid, and ditsy character which is an embarrassment to the real Marnie. The whole movie should have never been made; it was as if the completely disregarded the first three movies! And since when did Marnie and Ethan have a love interest? That was not even merely hinted at in Halloween Town high! This movie was purely disappointing. ---And by the way, what is their last name-Piper or Cromwell?!?

Worst Movie Ever

Author: arden_burfoot2001 from Canada
27 October 2006

All the characters have totally different personalities then they did in the first 3 movies, and all their personalities were unoriginal and annoying. The first movies were more about witchcraft and Halloween; this one seemed more about the woes of a high school student. "Oh no, I have to follow the rules and the popular girls are mean to me." It was trying to be a cross between Harry Potter and Highschool musical... It was more like a cross between a Harry Potter Fan-fic written by a 12-year-old girl and ...Highschool music. When it shouldn't of been any of these things, it should have been Halloweentown! Sara Paxton's acting was terrible, not that it would matter with the terrible plot. And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse... Jesse McCartney started playing in the background. You know it's a bad Disney channel movie, aimed at little preppy girls when it has people from; Highschool Musical (though I'll admit that he was in Halloween town before Highschool Musical, but it seems like his acting gotten worse since then),it has someone from dumb Disney channel TV shows and has Jesse McCartney.

For anyone who watched the 2nd Halloween town...This movie was like watching the people from Halloweentown when they were taken over by the gray spell...

They just walked around acting like stereotypical humans.

I'm just going to pretend like this movie never happened and that there's only three Halloweentowns. I would suggest not even bothering to watch this... Unless you find all Disney TV shows and TV movies to be exciting and interesting...Or if you're a 8 year old girl who has nothing on their mind other then boys and clothes. If that's you then I'm sure you'll love this movie. If you liked the other HalloweenTown movies don't torture yourself by watching this...

Where is Marnie?!?!?!?!

Author: ArtTalentFairy from United States
31 October 2006

Oh ... my ... god...What in hell's name has happened to Halloweentown!? Seriously, Halloweentown was just like this little downtown village like area, and Grandma Aggie's house. And now ... now it's transformed into this massive downtown Chicago area, and from out of nowhere here's this Witch University. And Marnie?!?!?! What the hell happened to our beloved Marnie, replaced by Sara Paxton, and not our beloved Kimberly J. Brown, because of scheduling complications ... BULL CRAP!!!! She was probably just sick of Disney and there horribly famous sequels. The first two films were great. The third was kinda pushing it, but this has no excuse. First off, the special effects were lame. The plot was lame, the fact that Grandma Aggie is a minor character is lame, the now Marnie was lame, and the fact that she didn't destroy the thing in the end so Disney can have another sequel is lame. I'm a big fan of Halloweentown and all, and have loved the movie since I was a kid, but seriously ... Disney doesn't understand the concept of you CAN have TOO MUCH of a good thing.

Worse HT movie ever

Author: Spiritevolution14 from United States
22 October 2006

This was one of the worst Halloweentown movies ever made. The characters were so flawed and replacing Kimberly with Sara Paxton was the worst idea Disney could have thought of. Replacing main characters will never work, Disney! Taking out major characters to fit in floppy characters will never work, Disney! ~Angie, the grandmother and putting in the obviously fake wigged Sara~ Creating relationships that never existed.. sickens me! Ethan never showed any interest in Marnie in the third movie. You can't create feeling out of thin air, Disney! Oh and Disney, Sara Paxton needs to go. Ethan's character should leave too.. he isn't needed.. at all. Bring back Luke!

return to Halloween town

Author: kate p from Canada
17 October 2008

it was i digress to Halloween town, and Sara Paxton sucked really bad and Kimberly j brown fit the charther of Marnie way better then Sara, and what did happen to Sophie the youngest sister , and its Cromwell's , piper is Marnie's middle name i believe, and Hope Sara Paxton does not come back , that Kimberly comes back she is a ten times better then Sara.they should have waited for her to come back from making her other movie big bad wolf, it was not bringing down the house, it seems that people don't know there last names , in the return to Halloween, it is the COMWELLS not PIPER.I'm a big fan of halloween town i have to watch it every year this time of the year, and I'm hoping that the dictator will read how many people are disappointed what they think of Halloween and what it has become, and will get Kimberly to play Marnie Cromwell.

bad continuity

Author: shannongigi from Canada
27 October 2007

I just saw it, and well while Sara Paxton gave it her best, it just didn't cut it. She didn't have the same 'girl next door' quality or the quirky little mix-ups that Kimberly put into the character. Sara was really quite bland in comparison to Kimberly. Also, there were definite problems with continuity. Where did their younger sister go? There wasn't even a mention of her let alone an appearance. Their mom kept going on and on about having nobody left at home, well where the heck did she vanish to? And her grandmother, well there was only a very brief cameo of her which was also very disappointing. The story line had promise, the costumes needed a bit more, and it would have been fun to see more of the characters developed in III (especially the cute troll with Dylan) although it as nice to see Ethan in this one as well. I really quite liked the other three; they got me in the mood for Halloween, but overall, this one definitely left me wanting more.

Kimberly is GONE!

Author: from Canada
29 October 2006

Personally, I thought that the fourth movie was horrible. The decision to bring Sara Paxton is because Kimberly J Brown had scheduling conflicts was an idiotic decision that should have gotten someone fired. If that wasn't bad enough, Aggie Cromwell was had a MINOR role and Sophie had almost no role at all. They only brought back four MAJOR characters from the former movies and that was Dylan, (who wasn't as funny or sarcastic as the first three movies) Gwen Cromwell,(who was much more entertaining in the first three) and Ethan(who was much different from the role in the third and had a MUCH larger role.)

I think that the decision to not put Luke the goblin in was also bad judgment because I found Luke to be a funny and interesting character, and i would have liked to see if anything would happen between him a and Marnie.

There was also talk of Kal making a comeback and I think this would have been a very good idea as he was one of my favorite characters even if he was evil.

All in all, the fourth Halloweentown movie was a disappointment and I hope that the fifth will be better!

absolutely horrible!

Author: drawingboard666 from United States
18 April 2009

This was the worst halloweentown. They should have added the regular characters. Disney failed completely with this movie. Sophie wasn't in this movie, she was so cute! It would have been nice to see her get even more powers. Kimberly J Brown should have been in it also. She's young enough to act like she goes to college. She doesn't even look that old! Let the truth be told. No halloweentown can be better than the original, and kalabars revenge. This movie was horrible, and the story line wasn't good either. Hopefully the movie will have the original characters in it if it's made again. If Disney can't come up with a good sequel to this movie, then they need to come up with a new idea for a new movie. Though Halloweentown is one of my favorite halloween Disney movies, this one was horrible.

Return to Halloweentown More like Cheap-O-weentown

Author: nemodog-81974
3 July 2016

Halloweentown 1 and 2 everything seems fine but 3 and 4 everything changes in 3 all of it was in the mortal world. in 4 they had no Aggie or Sophie. and the worst part was they had changed the actress (Kimberly J. Brown) who plays Marnie to (Sara Paxton) who couldn't play Marnie as well as Kimberly J. Brown. They should remake this entire movie differently.

Aggie and Sophie were 2 of the main characters that they had removed. why would Disney make this movie so cheap? Disney should have waited for Kimberley J. Brown to finish her other movie then made it 10x better and less cheap. Disney we can do WAY better.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]