IMDb > "The Replacements" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Replacements" More at IMDbPro »

kids view of the imperfect world of adults

Author: Scott_E_Mantooth from United States
4 August 2007

To start let me say this show is supposed to be stupid and silly. If you want something intelligent and intellectually stimulating perhaps you should be watching something other than cartoons aimed at a younger audience. These are for kids, and for the parents who watch them with there kids. That being said, the show is actually quite funny. The idea that for a small amount of money ($1.98 as stated in the intro) you could alter your surroundings or those who control it for the better...usually. The results are not always what Todd and Riley expect and sometimes the situation is made even more complicated if not much worse by the replacement "Adult" that is sent. Each episode is fairly short but a cartoony object lessons are played out in each one.

Great cartoon

Author: atomius from australia
28 December 2008

Now whilst my fellow Phineas and Ferb fans may hate to admit it, The Replacements is a perfectly fine cartoon. I mean just compare it with say 'Brandy and Mr Whiskers' or 'The Emperor's New School' and you'll see it's not such a bad Disney production, second only at present IMO to Phineas and Ferb which is as good as a 90s cartoon. The Replacements has an interesting art style and characters and plots etc... The jokes are very intelligent and witty and the humour is good. The plots are usually pretty unique... due to the unique nature of the show's premise, that two kids can replace an adult with another one by way of a mysterious organisation called FleemCo. A great cartoon... certainly very entertaining and with great characters...

Not that bad, not that good. But it's cute.

Author: Monica Black from United States
13 April 2008

Okay, I haven't been too impressed with some of the recent cartoons Disney has churned out, but this is one of the better things I've seen. The animation is so-so, for a while I thought that everyone had a sunburnt nose. The characters are like most children's characters. Not too much depth, but they have distinct personalities. I haven't seen too many episodes, but it isn't utterly annoying, like most of what's on Disney Channel. The episodes I have seen, something usually goes wrong with a replacement. In "Kumquat Day" Riley replaces the highstrung mailman with a sloth in order to recover an embarrassing card and she still has to go to great lengths to retreve it. It reminds me a bit of Nick's "The Fairly OddParents." I get a bit confused by Riley's mannerisms and her age, they don't seem to match up. But it's cute.

Not a master piece, but not absolutely horrible

Author: wdmrose from United States
6 February 2008

When I first saw this show, my reaction was 'WTF?' The animation style wasn't attractive to me in the least and the whole idea of replacing adults all the time was the worst ideas for a plot. However, after it's been on for, what, a year now?, it's grown on me.

The animation, despite it's style being different from normal Disney, is smooth. I actually like the backgrounds, but that's more my artistic style talking, because I think it's cool you can see paint strokes. But, anyway, the jokes on this show are, for the most part, not the best. Though there will be something that comes up once in awhile that are truly funny- though I also have a weird sense of humor. The characters, actually, are decent. Yes, they're rather flat characters, but each have distinct personalities, at least. The plots each episode are rather weak, though recently they've gotten a little bit better. One thing I really like about this show are continuities. For example, early episodes call the school George Washington Middle School. Then, after an episode when Todd insists the first presidents last name was Stapler, the school has been called George Stapler Middle School.

I certainly don't watch it religiously, or even when it just happens to be on. But I don't cringe watching it like some others, especially since it's improved just a little.

Original rating- 4/10 New rating- 5/10

Fun, and Humorous

Author: Thomas Ramirez from United States
21 July 2009

This story is about Todd and Riley (the main protagonists), who are middle-school siblings with special cells that have a big F-button on them. This particular button grants the siblings the ability to Replace any adult they want, with another adult or animal.

When I heard about this cartoon (in 2006) I thought it was going to be completely boring, so I went on with my life and ignored it. About thirty-two months later I just happen to turn on the TV, and guess what was on next. You got it; the Replacements. I decided it was time to finally watch it.

Next thing I knew, I was trapped in the TV. I kept on watching, and got mad at anyone who got in my way during the Replacements. On my first episode I laughed so hard I couldn't stop! The Characters are amazingly funny to me in every aspect, and it frequently gets to the point that the show isn't funny anymore, it's hilarious! The voice acting is unbelievably amazing, and I'd say that the plot worked out for my sister and me just fine. Wow, what have I been missing?!

I want there to be a season four it's so good! Make the call, this Fall. Ahh, So catchy. Why not give it a go? It's worth it.

oh my god 4.4 ?

Author: brucebowen from New Zealand
26 June 2009

this show is very good its like family guy meets the new school c.a.r. is funny dick is so stupid its weirdly funny i say check it out 8/10 from me all people are cool and the story's are great :D :P :) it is funny and smart the people are so dumb it so real i no some bully's are like that the sister reads things like n a g g y sister weekly thats so funny ans the person t sum i is cool how she has armor and they is no point (you do find out why in the 3 season) it is a great show so i say watch it if you like family guy !!! they keep up with new events and stuff it is odd how they love a movie called monkey cop and the mom is named agent k it is very funny and i say check it out 4.4 is a pointless score and is dumb i say 8/10 :D :) :P

One of Disney's best recent cartoons!

Author: spurs74136 from United States
24 July 2009

This show is amazing! Its funny and keeps you laughing. One of Disney's best recent cartoons! I watch it whenever its on. Riley has to be my favorite. Th style is very different from other Disney cartoons. One thing I really like about this show are continuities. For example, early episodes call the school George Washington Middle School. Then, after an episode when Todd insists the first presidents last name was Stapler, the school has been called George Stapler Middle School. The animation, despite it's style being different from normal Disney, is smooth. I actually like the backgrounds, but that's more my artistic style talking, because I think it's cool you can see paint strokes. But, anyway, the jokes on this show are, for the most part, not the best. Though there will be something that comes up once in awhile that are truly funny- though I also have a weird sense of humor. The characters, actually, are decent. Each have distinct personalities, at least.

Not every change is good

Author: GeorgieGirl from Tulsa, OK, United States
11 February 2008

Sure it isn't the best cartoon in the world. I did get used to the animation of Disney feature length cartoons. But it isn't what I'm concerned about when it comes to cartoons. This just happens to be its style. Do you remember how bad your jokes were when you were in elementary school? Some of what is done is corny, but this was made for kids, not like the ones I grew up watching - the ones that were shown at the cinema then on TV. I watch this with my son. This is pretty good if we use what we learn from it. So the kids think they can improve on every situation by getting the best adult/replacement they think they need. Yet in most instances another replacement, the original person, or one or both of the parents is needed to help straighten out the mess. A lesson is learned by the kid(s); sometimes, everyone learns a lesson. Moral: sometimes the best person for the job may not be the best for the job or for you.

The only thing that is "Oh so sad" is that The Replacements was actually shown to the public.

Author: MegaCynic from United States
26 September 2010

I really did not have high hopes for this show at all. I thought it was going to be another "The Buzz on Maggie" and I was right. The only thing this is trying to tell kids that if you don't like something,Call an imaginary company to take them away.What do they even do with the people they replace? Starve them of food and water and make them look at the writing of this terrible show? I wouldn't wish this show on my worst enemy. If any thing else they should just flat out say that they want kids to be judgmental of people at first sight. Not to mention that the kids are so poorly drawn...their heads are square and have freakin' square noses that are discolored. These are the things that make me think of the times when Disney actually looked at what was coming on their network.

Worst.....Disney Cartoon.....Ever

Author: kiti22
29 June 2014

This Show is Stupid and it's way worse than Back at the Barnyard and Hannah Montana

The Theme song is Lame and not Catchy, The Characters Are Stupid,The Plot of Each episode are bad and it's like watching a bad Episode of Fosters Home For imaginary Friends or a Bad Episode of Spongbob and it's still made no sense

This show teaches bad morals And it sucks! and it's cause the English versions of DBZ and DBGT and the Original Dragon Ball Gets Cancelled in The UK

Avoid this Show at all costs