IMDb > "Doctor Who" Kinda: Part Two (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Doctor Who" Kinda: Part Two (1982)

« Prev | 563 of 695 Episodes | Next »

"I was beaten everyday when I was a boy, it didn't do me any harm." So-so Doctor Who.

Author: Paul Andrews (poolandrews@hotmail.com) from UK
25 April 2007

Doctor Who: Kinda: Part 2 starts as the paranoid Hindle (Simon Rouse) takes the Doctor (Peter Davison), Adric (Matthew Waterhouse) & Todd (Nerys Hughes) prisoner. Meanwhile Tegan has been possessed by an evil entity known as a Mara...

This Doctor Who adventure was episode 10 from season 19 that aired here in the UK during early 1982, directed by Peter Grimwade I don't think much of Kinda. The script by Christopher Bailey is as dull as I've ever known Doctor Who, most of this episode seems to be of the Doctor walking from a control room to a cage & back again until one of the silliest cliffhanger endings where three people stuck in the cage are absolutely petrified to open a small wooden box. The character's are poor in Kinda too, no one seems to have any personality, presence or any real significance.

If the Kinda live in the open forest living off the land wouldn't they be a bit, well dirtier? The plastic tree which Tegan sits on looks really cheap just like the whole episode.

Kinda hasn't impressed me so far & it only has two more episodes to change my opinion.