IMDb > Boa... Nguu yak! (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Boa... Nguu yak! More at IMDbPro »

Underrated

Author: warshipspictures1
12 August 2015

I enjoy this movie. This movie provides solid entertainment for 95 mins. I can't comment on the dialog because the version I watched didn't have English subtitles though luckily I still could understand what was going because of the actor's facial expressions. The CGI isn't bad at some parts. The plot wasn't strong, but then again they never are in snake movies. The acting was so so, though the lead actress did a pretty good job. The locations and cinematography we gorgeous. The jungle feels like a character in this movie. My main problem with this movie is that it takes 30 mins. to see the Boa for the first time. Though once it does show it up it appears often and picks people off one by one. The military didn't seem to do much during the movie except get killed. I would have liked to see them do something in this movie. But overall I really enjoyed this movie and I hope it is eventually released in the United States. 9/10

Didn't like it...Better luck next time.

Author: uzielis from Quezon City, Philippines
2 November 2006

5 young people head out to the jungle to search for a pal who disappeared and come face to face with a big snake. It's almost like Predator. The army steps in. The boa picks off some victims. It should have eaten the script. Some of the actors should have worked on their craft. There were some creepy moments and some nice scenery but more than those are needed to make a good movie. I was bored and thought the whole thing completely not impressive. Almost walked out. Gaah. I can't wait for Grindhouse. Go rent any movie with Predator in it, even Aliens vs Predator, and you will be entertained. One minute of any of those films have more depth than this movie. Enjoy. Heck, even The Land That Time Forgot scared me as a kid. Good example of a movie that needs a remake.

Go rent Shutter instead. That is a movie.