IMDb > The Love Guru (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Love Guru

The Love Guru More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 25: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

this is the perfect example of what writers shouldn't do

Author: gabe-129 from United States
19 January 2009

The only way the movie could have gotten worse is if they got rid of colbert and gave a bigger part to Verne troyer. This is a perfect example of people who need EDITORS. There was definitely not anyone with talent reading this crap before it was being filmed. The whole movie is a rip off of austin powers anyway. Mike Myers really needed to try something new, instead he took all his jokes that were popular from other films he's made (which we've all seen too many times anyway) and put them in this movie along with a lot of idiotic crap. I am a mike myers fan but I think he needs to stop with the spoof, stupid comedy movies and move onto something new.

Myers Worst Film

Author: johnhajjar08 from Lebanon
28 December 2008

This movie is a disgrace to all mike Myers films, it has no meaning whatsoever. I don't get the point of making such a bad film.

Mike Myers has so many films that are magnificent, including, Austin Powers and Waynes world. Those two movies are actually amazing, those movies are what made Mike Myers.

In this movie, he used the same jokes from other movies he made, he use the same accent for the characters.

The storyline is just too plane, and simple, which really doesn't make the story fun, its just boring.

If you want to watch a comedy, don't watch this movie.

abysmal

Author: moshun from United Kingdom
26 August 2008

a film with literally no saving graces, all the same gags as Austin powers but in an age where even those films have dated badly.

i literally cannot believe this got green-lit, it would be mildly funny as a self parody of being intentionally not funny, but its not that clever...it's just straight up "not funny".

the lowest possible calibre of humour , besides maybe something like "epic movie" i am convinced mike myers is mentally regressing into an infant. His next outing will consist entirely of fart jokes and blowing raspberries.

save your money and your time, don't bother with this painfully dull nonsense.

waste of time and money

Author: Craigee777 from United States
17 July 2008

This is the worst movie in years, $10 bucks for 1 1/2 hours of crap. Mike myers is not funny and should be ashamed of this garbage. First of all, how many punch lines can consist of genital humor? the midget has become tired and does not add to the film, and how many times can you make a joke about the name "mariska hargitay" ? I am sitting in the theater giving this crap a chance, and no one is laughing, i am so happy this piece of &#@* was only an hour and 20 minutes, otherwise i might have had to hang myself. In tough economic times we need to see a funny movie and laugh, mike myers sucks, and so does the script. do yourself a favor and never see this awful "actor" again.

C'mon its a harmless funny movie

Author: branjo-snow from United States
7 July 2008

This is funny no matter how you look at it, if you want top notch on the edge of your seat acting then grow up, that never ever happens in a comedy.

I was laughing quite a few times in this movie and so were others around me. If you don't get Mike Myers then your probably too serious of a person for a comedy, just go and watch The Colour Purple for the hundredth time (yuck!).

Don't take life so seriously its meant to be funny and I for one enjoyed this movie. At one point it feels like a bollywood movie but I liked how the Indian culture was represented here and treated with respect. The few surprise appearances by some very good actors was a great touch and dealt with very funny.

Fun for ALL the family 7/10

Fun movie to break off Mike Myers movie hiatus.

Author: riedud from United States
23 June 2008

Being a huge fan of Mike Myers I have to say that I was thoroughly disappointed with the previews for this film. Not having a huge desire to see the film I did end up watching it by default on a dinner date. I'm glad to say that the movie was much more entertaining and on par with most of Mike Myers past work. As the love Guru, Mike was true to the comical genius and work that fans of his have come to enjoy. Albeit not the greatest movie for 2008, I thought it was true to Mikes roots and had plenty of slapstick laughs. Even Jessica Alba's generally poor acting was well done here with her playing the unpopular owner of the Maple leafs. With the addition of Verne Troyer as the Maple leafs coach, Justin Timberlake as the antagonist and fellow upcoming popular actor Romany Malco, the movie had a good cast. I was pleased that there were no dry spots and the movie played consistent until the end. Overall I give the movie a 7 with it being decidedly funnier than this years long list of crappy comedy's. If your a fan of Mike Myers, I recommend this fun movie.

Not great, but not as bad as people say...

Author: TK Yang (tehkao) from Los Angeles, CA
23 June 2008

I don't understand the hate for this movie. If you are being totally objective, this movie's "quality" of humor is no worse than in Mike Myer's last two Austin Powers movies...lots of body fluid jokes, penis jokes, defecating jokes, midget jokes, etc. And if you can tolerate ridiculous characters like Fat Bastard I don't see why you would have any problem with the ones in this movie. I actually found Verne Troyer to be quite funny in this one and not just because of his midgetness. He delivered some of the best lines. I also thought Stephen Colbert's portrayal of the insane sportscaster to be quite hilarious. Anyway, overall this was a lot like Myer's previous comedies...a lot of vulgar jokes, some don't work, some do...but I think I found myself laughing more watching the Love Guru than the Austin Powers movies.

Literally The Worst Movie I've Ever Seen.

Author: abepwnsu
12 July 2008

I honestly cannot at all believe that anyone who watches this movie can think its the slightest bit funny. I spent the whole movie begging the others to shut it off. It was terrible. I love Mike Myers films and this was a disgrace. Nothing close to Austin Powers. Except that mini me was in it. I recommend this movie to absolutely no one. Even my 10 yo brother thought the movie was stupid and immature. It literally made me never want to watch a movie again. Whatever you do stay away from this movie at all costs. Jessica Alba is also one of my favorite celebrities. I cant believe she actually agreed to be in a movie like this. I didn't listen to what people said about it and watched it anyway. That's the last time i do that.

I'm just disappointed

Author: jswilli3 from United States
5 July 2008

After I saw 'Don't Mess with the Zohan' I didn't think it could get any worse. Then I saw the Love Guru. It has been a downward spiral for 2 of the funniest guys to come out of SNL. I had to give this movie a chance and I can honestly say that it was one of the worst decisions of my life. The terrible jokes, whether it was sexual or whatever, kept being overused and it just got to the point where it was annoying. I was lucky enough to sit in a movie theater with a bunch of 14 year olds and they could not stop laughing. Probably because they were 14 and very immature. I believe that Mike Myers' career is over. Since the last movies he has been in, Austin powers:goldmember, shrek, and the godawful Love guru, have completely bombed. It's hard to think that Myers has ever been funny. To sum up this movie I would have to say: it sucks, its the worst movie i've seen in a long time and if you haven't seen it yet, DON'T.

Stink stank stunk

Author: thombia from United States
2 July 2008

I am at a loss for words on this one. I like most of Mike Myers stuff, always thought he was on the corny side, but this movie is beyond corny, and could be considered one of the worse movies of the year. This movie is aMAIZINGly cornball. If you like that joke then you will like the movie. He appears to have run out of jokes. This movie almost seems like this was in his spare time, what the hell, kind of flick. I truly feel sorry for Myers. He obviously needs a sidekick to help him. I have never heard so many lame one-liners in my life. I am baffled at any one who gives this a positive review. Mariska Hargitay joke was funny for about the first of 71 times. I guess its back to the MTV video awards or the ESPYS (if Justin Timberlake doesn't want that gig anymore) for Myers. Bye now Bye Bye.