IMDb > The Love Guru (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Love Guru

The Love Guru More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 26: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

waste of time and money

Author: Craigee777 from United States
17 July 2008

This is the worst movie in years, $10 bucks for 1 1/2 hours of crap. Mike myers is not funny and should be ashamed of this garbage. First of all, how many punch lines can consist of genital humor? the midget has become tired and does not add to the film, and how many times can you make a joke about the name "mariska hargitay" ? I am sitting in the theater giving this crap a chance, and no one is laughing, i am so happy this piece of &#@* was only an hour and 20 minutes, otherwise i might have had to hang myself. In tough economic times we need to see a funny movie and laugh, mike myers sucks, and so does the script. do yourself a favor and never see this awful "actor" again.

C'mon its a harmless funny movie

Author: branjo-snow from United States
7 July 2008

This is funny no matter how you look at it, if you want top notch on the edge of your seat acting then grow up, that never ever happens in a comedy.

I was laughing quite a few times in this movie and so were others around me. If you don't get Mike Myers then your probably too serious of a person for a comedy, just go and watch The Colour Purple for the hundredth time (yuck!).

Don't take life so seriously its meant to be funny and I for one enjoyed this movie. At one point it feels like a bollywood movie but I liked how the Indian culture was represented here and treated with respect. The few surprise appearances by some very good actors was a great touch and dealt with very funny.

Fun for ALL the family 7/10

Fun movie to break off Mike Myers movie hiatus.

Author: riedud from United States
23 June 2008

Being a huge fan of Mike Myers I have to say that I was thoroughly disappointed with the previews for this film. Not having a huge desire to see the film I did end up watching it by default on a dinner date. I'm glad to say that the movie was much more entertaining and on par with most of Mike Myers past work. As the love Guru, Mike was true to the comical genius and work that fans of his have come to enjoy. Albeit not the greatest movie for 2008, I thought it was true to Mikes roots and had plenty of slapstick laughs. Even Jessica Alba's generally poor acting was well done here with her playing the unpopular owner of the Maple leafs. With the addition of Verne Troyer as the Maple leafs coach, Justin Timberlake as the antagonist and fellow upcoming popular actor Romany Malco, the movie had a good cast. I was pleased that there were no dry spots and the movie played consistent until the end. Overall I give the movie a 7 with it being decidedly funnier than this years long list of crappy comedy's. If your a fan of Mike Myers, I recommend this fun movie.

A good laugh!!

Author: Samir Gharbaoui from United Kingdom
14 July 2008

I personally found this film so funny! I think this is Myers's best character to date, move over Austin(got bored after 1st)... I laughed throughout the film and had to watch it a second time. I can't for the life of me understand the negative comments made about this movie, probably all die hard Austin fans that can't cope with the change. Firstly this is not to be taken seriously (as all comedies by the way), If you are in a silly mood and can take a joke without trying to be a smart a** "I'm too mature" person then this is one for you. It has it's clever moments of comedy brilliance as well.. Ben Kingsley makes a great appearance as the cross eyed mentor. Justin Timberlake impressed me as the hilarious Celine Dion fanatic Grande. And Myers creates another fantastic character. A great treat from a great comedian of our times. Loved it! Fantastic fun!!! If you are bored and feeling nowhere then watch this film and you will find yourself "now-here"TM lol! Enjoy

Literally The Worst Movie I've Ever Seen.

Author: abepwnsu
12 July 2008

I honestly cannot at all believe that anyone who watches this movie can think its the slightest bit funny. I spent the whole movie begging the others to shut it off. It was terrible. I love Mike Myers films and this was a disgrace. Nothing close to Austin Powers. Except that mini me was in it. I recommend this movie to absolutely no one. Even my 10 yo brother thought the movie was stupid and immature. It literally made me never want to watch a movie again. Whatever you do stay away from this movie at all costs. Jessica Alba is also one of my favorite celebrities. I cant believe she actually agreed to be in a movie like this. I didn't listen to what people said about it and watched it anyway. That's the last time i do that.

I'm just disappointed

Author: jswilli3 from United States
5 July 2008

After I saw 'Don't Mess with the Zohan' I didn't think it could get any worse. Then I saw the Love Guru. It has been a downward spiral for 2 of the funniest guys to come out of SNL. I had to give this movie a chance and I can honestly say that it was one of the worst decisions of my life. The terrible jokes, whether it was sexual or whatever, kept being overused and it just got to the point where it was annoying. I was lucky enough to sit in a movie theater with a bunch of 14 year olds and they could not stop laughing. Probably because they were 14 and very immature. I believe that Mike Myers' career is over. Since the last movies he has been in, Austin powers:goldmember, shrek, and the godawful Love guru, have completely bombed. It's hard to think that Myers has ever been funny. To sum up this movie I would have to say: it sucks, its the worst movie i've seen in a long time and if you haven't seen it yet, DON'T.

Stink stank stunk

Author: thombia from United States
2 July 2008

I am at a loss for words on this one. I like most of Mike Myers stuff, always thought he was on the corny side, but this movie is beyond corny, and could be considered one of the worse movies of the year. This movie is aMAIZINGly cornball. If you like that joke then you will like the movie. He appears to have run out of jokes. This movie almost seems like this was in his spare time, what the hell, kind of flick. I truly feel sorry for Myers. He obviously needs a sidekick to help him. I have never heard so many lame one-liners in my life. I am baffled at any one who gives this a positive review. Mariska Hargitay joke was funny for about the first of 71 times. I guess its back to the MTV video awards or the ESPYS (if Justin Timberlake doesn't want that gig anymore) for Myers. Bye now Bye Bye.

ouch!

Author: trunks_cscs from United States
28 June 2008

I didn't think that it was possible to make a movie this bad. I do want to say that there were some funny scenes, but not enough to warrant paying $10.00 to see because I'm sure they are all on you tube. Myers followed a template built off of the Austin Powers trio, but making the same movie with a different "plot", of that's what you want to call it, obviously didn't work. Alba's eyes are as amazing as ever, but that is the only context for the word amazing in relation to this movie. Just wait until the DVD comes out because as the clock ticks, I'd think there are only a few more hours to wait. In fact, just scour the dumpster at the local movie store because I'm sure you'll find two or three unopened copies.

Kind and funny - a must see!

Author: caspare from Berlin, Germany
28 October 2008

If you liked Austin Powers, this movie is a "must see". While it comes with some heavy jokes, it also serves witty humor far from being superficial stupidities to the more experienced Guru-lover. One Example:

B est I nstructions B efore L eaving E arth

;) - however, if you are a bone dry person with a taste for "political correct humor only" - this movie is not made for you. Myers, however, did it again: a very original and funny movie I enjoyed nearly as much as Austin Powers 1-3. Even my girlfriend who wanted to leave after 15 min told me she liked it after 90 min.

Author: toshilovesyou from United States
14 July 2008

Words cannot describe how close I was to walking out of the theater during the movie. However, I only stayed out of the hope that there would be a moment that was actually funny. It utterly failed to be another stupidly hilarious Mike myers comedy like Austin Powers or Wayne's World. There was absolutely no plot. It was really like the writers said, "Hey, let's go get a hot girl, a bad pop star, a midget and all the bad sex jokes we can find and make a movie about nothing!" This was truly disappointing.It was LOOOOOOOOOOONG too! By the end, it was getting painful to watch. I was appalled when I heard the couple behind me talking about how hilarious it was. (Pity their lack of taste). I would not suggest this movie to anyone! Good Lord, could it have gotten any worse??