IMDb > Stalking Santa (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Stalking Santa More at IMDbPro »

A Fun Mockumentary

Author: brothertomtuttle from United States
19 November 2007

Prior to watching this film, I had no idea what it would be about. I didn't know it was a mock documentary (or mock-umentary), nor did I recognize any of the actors outside of the narrator, William Shatner.

Needless to say, the film went far above and beyond my expectations. It isn't necessarily a children's film, for the mere fact that most of the humor is aimed at adults. The content itself, however, is very PG-ish. In all honesty, I'm a little surprised the movie didn't garner a G-rating.

Regardless, the story documents a pair of self-proclaimed "Santologists" who look to uncover whether or not the man in red truly does exist. It's broken up as you might expect a documentary to be, with breaks between scenes with single-character reflections or the critiquing by a "real" scientist.

The movie is also filled with hilarious bits of "evidence," including a pair of bells found in Roswell, New Mexico, a site known for being associated with alien encounters.

Altogether, this is a film that can be appreciated by anyone who is looking for a light-hearted comedy with tender moments and hilarity throughout.

10/10 for a fun-factor

One of the wittiest movies I've ever seen.

Author: jynewton7 from United States
29 November 2012

This movie is phenomenal! Every line can be quoted. The jokes go by so quickly with so little hype around them that, if you're not expecting them, you will miss them. If you are paying attention, every line will make you laugh. If you just give yourself a minute to get past a somewhat boring plot (like many documentaries), the humor and writing will indeed keep you entertained for the whole 82 minutes. Also, make sure to watch with friends, because you will want to quote the movie, and the lines without the context of the movie will not be funny, so you do need some others to throw quotes around with. This movie is a Christmas treasure. The characters are likable, not to mention hilarious; the narrating is top notch; the idea is clever; the writing is incredibly witty; and the entire movie is plain ridiculous. It will always be a Christmas favorite.

A really funny movie that people with and without kids can enjoy

Author: jgulbransen from United States
23 October 2007

I just saw this film at a screening and it is awesome. I laughed out loud and found myself quoting the movie with friends for days after. Lines like I am not a genius and naming Alex Trabec as one of the great geniuses was very cool. I am excited to buy it because this is one of those movies like Christmas Vacation that you find yourself watching even when its not Christmas. I think it is cool that Shatner is on it because isn't he Jewish? He did a really great job and he really ads to the pacing of the film to help it never seem to slow. Make sure you really pay attention to the artifacts those were a crack up. The cool thing about this movie is I think everyone will like it whether they have kids or not. I like the feel of the film as well because it kind of has that office sort of feel but they make some of the funnies moments when they are interviewing the characters. The wife is awesome make sure you pay attention to what his wife does when he is explaining about gravity I laughed out loud. Anyway it is a great film I give it 4 stars.