IMDb > Driller (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Driller More at IMDbPro »

Awesome Sci-Fi Slasher Flick! I LIKED IT A LOT!

Author: squidrus from United States
24 May 2007

I was surprised by this film, it's a really awesome Sci-Fi Slasher flick. The story of an ordinary man who gets abducted by aliens, bent on world domination, and he gets turned into a drilling and killing machine. The film has some really nifty film-making, excellent actors, (Tanya Dempsey is sexy!), great monster FX and a cool 1980's style horror vibe. Driller offers some of the coolest and most imaginative alien abduction scenes, I've ever seen! The aliens are freaky and they mean biz! Some of the kills are so over the top and insane. There is one sequence with some sort of a gas powered drill, that has to be seen to believe. The musical score rocks, literally and the production values on this low budget film are quite good. If you are into Sci-Fi, and horror with a nice helping of gore, DRILLER will give you what you want!

Gruesome slasher is a step up from the usual indie fare

Author: Leofwine_draca from United Kingdom
22 April 2017

DRILLER is a low budget slasher movie about an ordinary guy transformed into a murderous maniac after being abducted by aliens. This alien abduction scene plays at the movie's outset and I wish they hadn't bothered with it, because the special effects simply aren't adequate to convincingly portray what they're trying to portray. The rest of the film is gruesome enough for horror fans, featuring the imposing killer working his way through nubile and sometimes naked girls; the kill scenes rely on the actors shuddering as if being penetrated by a drill bit, a simple but effective way of staging. It's not very good, not really, but it's far from the worst of the worst.

A couple of decent effects, otherwise don't bother.

Author: zombietoxin from United States
19 June 2009

Spoilers may be randomly scattered throughout this review. I don't recommend watching this movie, let me state that outright, so any spoilers are probably the (only) highest points of this low grade movie.

I rented Driller because of the pretty box. I realized after watching it that, by paying five dollars to rent the movie, I was able to finance a sequel. This is really cheap my friends. Some of the drilling scenes are lukewarm awesome, but never manage to shock or look realistic. The aliens faces looked at times to be sex toy vaginae with eyeballs painted on them, and some gore scenes were also reused time and again.

This movie should actually be a raver's delight. There are plenty of glow-sticks used throughout the picture (alien "technology") and light-up brains that you might be able to find at any Spencer's or dollar store. I'm not even kidding, they didn't even try to gussy it up at all.

As for the plot, it's really not that much to worry about. Any plot that you might be able to pick out is purely by chance. What I was able to tell was, aliens made from latex vaginae took a misogynist and scarred up his face and gave him a gas powered drill, and told him to kill everyone on the planet. Apparently, when you want to kill everyone on the planet you dip your toes in the water, so to speak, by working over a band (who we never hear, and they love weed), a couple hicks, and a few college kids who also, coincidentally, like to smoke weed. They never get a chance to do it with the band however, as the band members all get drilled through the chest. Then the hicks, and the teenagers. Everyone dies, and then, I wish I'd been taken with them, or that I at least could have my five bucks back.

I gave it an extra star for one or two decent gore scenes, but this movie is forgettable. Forget about watching it, don't seek it out if you haven't seen it, and urge anyone who, by some weird chance, mentions that they want to watch this z-rated tripe, to throw their money in the toilet and flush. Avoid this.

My Review

Author: joemamaohio from United States
10 November 2008

A man is abducted by aliens and reprogrammed to end the human race, with a power drill. He goes on a killing rampage, targeting a band, some loners, and a group of teenagers out for a good time. He's doing this so he can end the human race, and implant alien chips in some of their brains, supposedly.

This movie is lower than B-rated. The effects are laughable, the aliens are pretty much cardboard cutouts of other aliens because they never move or anything, and the overall storyline is completely ridiculous. Aliens who want to take over the world by implanting a chip in one man, giving him a drill and having him go at it? And not even going after big people in government? Totally lame film.