IMDb > Dry Clean Only (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Dry Clean Only More at IMDbPro »

Very well done, but also very strange

Author: planktonrules from Bradenton, Florida
28 May 2008

This is a strange little absurdist short film that can be found on the website for PBS. The reason I describe it as "absurdist" is because the reactions by the man in the dry cleaning store as well as his bizarre customers makes no sense--they don't behave at all like sane people would. This makes the film rather funny and clever but I could also see it turning off some viewers.

The film begins with a couple entering the dry cleaning store. They are covered in blood and ask the guy behind the counter if he can get them clean now. Without blinking an eye, he never asks a question but helps out--and you next see the couple wearing towels and conversing with the guy as if nothing had happened--no blood or bloody cleaver!! They talk about life, the weather, etc. and pass the time as if nothing was unusual about their request or the fact they appear to have killed someone! I liked the film because unlike a full-length absurdist film, this style fits a shorter format better--it doesn't get too old too quickly. I also thought the acting was exceptional considering how weird the situation was. Good stuff--I hope to see more from these folks.