IMDb > "Traveler" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 3 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Great show!

Author: mackanen from Sweden
20 November 2007

What a great show! It just started to air in Sweden and Im a huge fan, one of my absolute favorite series right now. Its thrilling from the beginning and I think the acting is really good too, especially Matthew Bomer (Jay) and Logan Marshall-Green (Tyler).

I was shocked when I found out it was canceled!! Why is all the good series canceled nowadays???

Whats wrong?? Its aired for a couple of weeks and than its over. Give it a chance!!

Its a shame!

R.I.P!

Strong concept. Wrong timing?

Author: Seriesperson from Netherlands
16 October 2007

This show had all the ingredients to become another popular hitseries. The only reason I can come up with for ABC to cancel it, would be just that; another hitseries. With 24 and Prisonbreak as the fast paced action series of this moment, Traveler would not stick out in comparison to those two. Terrorism and a manhunt combined, it does not offer the next best thing in a television series, because the previously mentioned two do that already with high standards.

On the other hand, it is a nice series and maybe there's always room for one more. The acting was satisfactory, the story lines pretty interesting and the suspense was also well developed. Eight episodes is on the other hand just what it is; a preview of what could have been. Cancellation was in my opinion premature and this series had the potential of growth towards the standards of PB or 24.

ABC seems not to be interested in potential. They want fact. Sorry, but you'll have to give us more time then just 8 episodes to give you guys guarantees on your viewer ratings. Missed chance.

Great Show. It deserves way more!~!

Author: Roxburyfunny1
24 September 2007

Why plug a show for the summer that turns out to be wonderful and saves the summer and then less us in the lurch with only 8 episodes. That is incredibly unfair. The show has a great story line wonderful characters and a definite something that makes you stay hooked and on the edge of your seat. You wanted just as much as Jay and Tyler to prove their innocence and to find out who Will Traveler really was. It left to many questions and enough stuff for another season. I really think that fans of shows like 24 and Prison Break will enjoy and if it still has the none stop action that we got with just the first 8 episodes, then Traveler could definitely be one of the hottest shows of 2007. The creators and ABC knew what they were doing when they decided to give us an action packed drama with a wonderful cast. Some faces you may recognize from X-Men and some are new faces who you will know and get to love them. I recommend this show to anyone who likes good television and is looking for something fun, good and different!~!

Finish Traveler and send it to DVD

Author: millerqrs from United States
23 August 2007

Add me to the List of Fan's that found 'Traveler' compelling, and equally dismayed (pissed-off!) at the abbreviated ending. I understand that it's all about Numbers, and Selling Commercial Time, so they need viewers. But why bother if the Series is D.O.A ? Either contract for a finite amount of episodes (maybe enough for a DVD release)so we fans can enjoy essentially a 'Mini-series'. OR don't bother at all. I've had it with watching Fill-in Series, only to get interested, and being disappointed with the squirrelly scheduling and a truncated ending (such as it is). My list of Favorite One-Shot Series include Surface, Brimstone, and Threshold (lame wrap-up in that one!). It's nice to know that there are others who enjoy these short-lived series as much as I have.

Destined to not be renewed

Author: jerelull from United States
31 July 2007

My wife and I have very different tastes in TV. We have separate TIVOs and there is little overlap in what we watch and record.

Traveler is one of the few.

When we watch together, it takes twice as long to watch as we often pause and discuss what just happened, or roll back to see it again.

Nice cinematography. Good, unpredictable plot, episodic to boot, always a plus for us. Nice development of the characters and plot in just 8 episodes.

Unluckily, when we agree that usually means the show is going to be canceled.

Great show!

Author: jhaile from United States
25 July 2007

I really enjoyed watching the first season of Traveler. It had conspiracy, intrigue, and drama - kept you on the edge of your seat. Some serial shows have episodes that don't answer any questions and feel like filler. In Traveler, each episode managed to answer some questions and raise new ones. The characters had depth and were unique. The pacing of the show was good - it didn't feel too fast, but never seemed to slow down.

I love serial dramas, but it definitely takes a commitment to watch (or record) them each week. This was a show that was worth watching each week.

Although it only ran for 8 episodes, I am hooked. I really hope ABC decides to bring this show back for another season!

Love this show

Author: Becca L from United States
12 July 2007

I love this show.

I'm normally not one to get sucked into any TV series however, this one caught my eye. I now wait in anticipation every Wednesday for a new episode; it's ridiculous! Yes, perhaps it is a little dramatic and whatever else critics may say- I don't care, I absolutely love it!

I'm no expert in the film/acting industry but from my perspective I believe that the story line is written fairly well, the cinematography is awesome and the acting (esp. by the 3 leading men) is carried out superbly.

I can't wait for next week!

Interesting, new mystery

Author: cadillac20 from Culver City, California
24 May 2007

We have seen this before, but none the less, this pilot left me compelled. It seems like it could be a great show if it doesn't get too ridiculous. I like where it is going though. Nothing too out there or hard hitting, but it is fun and intriguing.

I specifically liked the main characters and their relationships. The focus on characterization is a nice change and it's good to see these seemingly have-it-all cliché rich-types have some family imperfections. The tension is also pretty good, although some leaps of logic take place, such as a NY cop losing a college student, while a middle aged woman is able to keep up. Despite this, the issue is saved by constantly playing guessing games with what's happening next. This may just be one of the copy cat, cinematic T.V. format shows to keep watch for next season. Heck, it'll be great for a summer without LOST (although, these days, some may think that's not saying much).

Anyway, check this one out, it's pretty entertaining.

Good Show

Author: Pensfango66 from United States
12 July 2007

With the feeling of 24 and the suspense of Daybreak - Traveler is a pretty good show. At first I was wondering where they were going with things, but this has proved the test and is quite interesting. Lots of action, great plot and twists. Very fun to watch! I especially like that the two main characters are young and have no training or background that would make them good fugitives. It gives you that real 'panic' feeling that they are regular people framed for a horrible crime and that they have to prove they are innocent - no other options. It has the same appeal as "The Fugitive", but it has a more modern twist to it and is more applied to the general person. Lets just home ABC doesn't cancel it like all of there other good shows!

Horsepuckey!!

Author: ajames95 from United States
22 April 2008

Come on people. Put the home rolled cigarettes down for a second and step back from TV reality. This is just like a litany of other shows that started with a reasonably exciting premise and produced about 5 or six interesting shows, because that is all the writing team had ready when they signed the deal, and then, like Lost, Heroes, NYPD blue and others becomes a farce of itself as the show surprisingly becomes a hit, and the studio forces the writers to start cranking out garbage scripts, demographically researched and placating to the popular motifs in the series. The show quickly burns itself out and is slowly abandoned by the adoring fan base that propelled the show into success in the first place. I will be happy when the US television market adopts the strategy of the Brits, which is to slate a show for airing for only a few seasons and then it is automatically canceled. This helps the creative staff get the comfort and stability they need to create, and We don't have producers high on who knows what trying to milk the show of every last marketing dime. Get it together people!

Page 3 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]