IMDb > "Traveler" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Traveler"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Traveler" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

interesting premise, great cinematography

Author: woosa99 from United States
11 May 2007

some other comments (in particular one in which the person openly admits they did not watch past the first five minutes, yet still criticizes the show) state the show is cliché or is too much like prison break. I think that couldn't be farther from the truth. This show plays upon the paranoia of terrorism that is prevalent in society not by calling us to fear terrorism more but rather to fear what it would be like to be wrongly accused of terrorism, especially in a country and a world where simple accusations can increasingly be the be all and end all. The show has a great premise, the actors do a decent job, and the cinematography captures the rush of the plot without going over the top "hollywood." and you cannot criticize the director either, someone who has direct :Without A Trace", and several other popular shows, he definitely knows what he is doing. I'd say take a look at the pilot online or maybe when it's played again on television, and see it for yourself before you accept the word of individuals who did not even really give it a full chance themselves. I think it could be a pretty impressive show, and I usually am hard to please about dramas and shows that seem adrenaline driven.

Excellent thriller

Author: ysid96
10 May 2007

The traveler was a very exciting and interesting show. Many times with a pilot episode of a series you have to wait a few episodes for the series to start getting better. With this new series, that is not the case. It was compelling, fast paced, and had a believable story line. It kept you guessing throughout the episode and made you anticipate what would happen next. The leading actors Matthew Bomer and Logan Marshall-Green were very believable in their roles. They had good chemistry as best friends. Another good thing about this series is that it's not your average cliché police story and even though the police are very much involved, the storyline is focused on the two college students Tyler and Jay who are suspected of terrorism. Looking forward to the next episode.

An excellent conspiracy-drama.

Author: Einsiedeln from United States
11 May 2007

A quick-moving serial drama, "Traveler" is one of ABC's new summer-season shows... and from the preview premiere that aired May 10th, it looks extremely promising.

Jay, Tyler, and Will are grad students on the cusp of embarking on a two-month long summer roadtrip, stopping off in New York for one last night of the high life before they begin driving. Events unfold, however, that place the trio smack dab in the middle of a terrorist attack, and subsequently they're considered the prime suspects and pursued by the authorities.

But things are a bit more complex than they seem, and the problems continue to become more and more labyrinthine as the premiere goes on. A mix of modern political thriller, post-9/11 conspiratorial mystery, and well-constructed eye candy, "Traveler" promises to be a solid entry into ABC's roster of productions. I know I'll be watching once the show premieres in late May.

Great Show!

Author: Smallville_Owns_Me
11 May 2007

I watched the show's pilot last night and I truly hope that the show takes off as a recurring show on ABC. The cliffhanger style plot is what ABC needs to combat FOX's 24 and NBC's Heroes.

Even after the first episode I am hooked already. The acting is great, and although some of the plot is a bit predictable in the pilot, some of it really surprised me. Aaron Stanford (Will Traveler) is a great actor and he really pulls the show together at its weaker points (I am normally not a huge fan of constant flashbacks, but somehow...the show makes it work with him).

Give the show a chance, I bet it will surprise you. ABC has been looking for a hit starting with Men in Trees then October Road...which I thought was a failure all together, but I think Traveler has the potential to gain a large fan base. But the only way this is possible is by having people watch the show.

So watch the pilot, its online at ABC.com, see for yourself what I am talking about.

Pretty good

Author: rabidabid from United States
11 May 2007

Am watching the pilot after putting it on my DVR. I don't quite get the folks who say it's too soon to show a building being blown up in NYC. Last year United 93 turned 9/11 into a commercial (though harrowing) venture (with a 12 million dollar opening weekend). And the Discovery channel and its cousins have been documenting those events with commercial breaks for at least five years.

Beyond that, it's kinda hoaky and melodramatic, but still thrilling. In some ways it's more believable than Prison Break (and I'm a fan). One would have to be a conservative ideologue not to believe the show's premise. This plot offers a lot of possibilities, and they've handled it better than I expected.

Brilliant

Author: Godfrey87 from United States
8 June 2007

Great new show. Guaranteed to be worth your time. It's like a glide from Runaway (TV Series) to Vanished (TV Series) to Prison Break (TV Series). Lots of twists and suspense. Draws you in. Right choice of characters, who play their parts perfectly. Unpredictable. I would recommend that you eat before you start because you just might find yourself developing ulcers, as once you start, eating isn't priority. I'm probably not the best at judging TV shows, but then this, I feel, deserves very good reviews and hopefully some awards. Great performances by Matthew Bomer, Logan Marshall-Green, Aaron Stanford, William Sadler, Steven Culp and Pascale Hutton.

Traveler

Author: Vail0030 from United States
6 June 2007

I think the show is pretty good & deserves a fair chance. The plot has a good and realistic post Sept. 11th spin to it. The character development is very good & draws in viewers. It's kind action packed like "24" with a twist, although we are not dealing with Jack Bauer. Like 24 we never know who to trust. Fog's father played by William Sadler is an example of a character you don't know much about. He is Tyler's father. Will he betray his own flesh and blood? Sadler does a good job playing the shady character. Traveler picks up on the current almost guilty until proved innocent track our nation is taking. Give the show a fair chance. It deserves more than just 8 episodes. I feel as though this show will prove itself.

What a cool program

Author: thebodyguard_1 from United States
11 May 2007

Last night, I caught the sneak preview of the new ABC show "Traveler" which is about three friends who go on a two month road trip on for two of them to be betrayed by their one friend and set up for an act of terrorism. Now on the run from the law, they must figure out who their friends was and why he set them up.

This was a fast and fun program. I look forward to following it in the coming months and I think ABC may have a super fun journey for the summer. I highly recommend that anyone who is looking for a new Thursday night fast pace thriller check out Traveler. It is full of a few twist and turns, but is a little predictable. I get a similar feel of the Fugitive from this show so who knows? It could turn into one of those total American summer thrill rides in which everyone tunes in just to see what will happen next.

Travler airs May 30 at 9/8 Central on ABC. Check local listing for further listings.

ABC's answer to FOX's Prison Break

Author: CanadianPrincess from Canada
11 May 2007

Wrongly accused men trying to prove themselves as innocent...realize that they are merely pawns in a larger scheme....sounds a lot like Prison Break, doesn't it? ABC's TRAVELER revolves around 2 intelligent graduate students, Tyler and Jay, who have been wrongfully accused of blowing up New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art. The show pretty much revolves around the two boys trying to clear their names, finding out why they were involved, and finding out what their "friend" Will Traveler has to do with it all.

I think that after realizing the huge fan base that Prison Break has, a show aired on FOX, ABC realized to pick up a similar show, hoping for the same popularity. However, the show does share many similarities to Prison Break, and this will only hinder its fan base growth...common get an original idea! Other than the fact that the are using an already popular storyline, the directors have done a great job in filming, with crisp shots and nice cinematography. The storyline is good, and does keep you guessing. The 2 main actors are also likable, and make the show a pleasure to watch.

Best show this season!

Author: PlainSerendipity from United States
11 July 2007

Traveler is one of the freshest shows I have seen in a long time. There are not many shows that I enjoy, but this one has been one of the few. Everyweek I am more and more intrigued. Travler always keeps me on the edgeof my seat and I have even canceled plans in order to watch it, even though I could just TiVo it, but I can't help but wonder what will happen to each of the characters next! Every show you become more and more involved and don't want it to end. The acting is great and the chemistry between the actors is wonderful. Everyone should be watching this show, its the best thing since Lost. If you haven't started watching it yet, you have absolutely no idea what you are missing!! Start watching it now.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]