IMDb > "Men in Trees" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Men in Trees"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Men in Trees" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Men in Trees is a Treat!

Author: Amy Adler from Toledo, Ohio
18 September 2006

Marin (Anne Heche) is an author of books dealing with relationships. She is quite successful. However, her own fiancé cheats on her and turns her life upside-down. Taking a speaking job in Alaska, she believes she has landed in dullsville and drinks a bit too much before her big moment. The men in the town, outnumbering the women by a large margin, are less than impressed with Marin's advice. Through a series of circumstances, Marin becomes stranded in the small city. Wonder of wonders, she begins to like the change of venue. There is a handsome rescue worker, a congenial inn manager, a nice lady next door, a cute raccoon who takes a shine to her, etc. Could it be that a NY denizen can make a transition into life in the rough and tumble 49th state? Even with out spinning classes, hair dryers, and the like? This is a nice little series. Heche looks beautiful and makes Marin a very attractive damsel in distress. The rest of the cast, though unknown, is a delight. The Alaskan scenery is beyond lovely and adds much to the enjoyment of the story. Although the pace of the opening episodes was quite rapid, in order to get the story and characters off the ground, one hopes that it will settle down into a comfortable rhythm. All those who like humor, romance, and a storyline about fish out of water will like this series. It has a sweet and sarcastic edge that is very appealing.

LOVE this show...please tune in and boost the ratings!!!

Author: EMG from East Coast - US
25 October 2006

Am very afraid that my new favorite show is going to be canceled by ABC because of the less than great ratings this is getting. If you haven't tuned in yet...please do! This is an intelligent show that has multidimensional characters who are not only real but smart, funny...I could go on and on. The chemistry betwn Anne Heche (Marin) and James Tupper (Jack) is so electric, you can almost feel the hum radiating from your TV. I have been using my DVR to catch this show so I can re-watch...ABC doesn't post the replay on this one online...but should!

Check out this charming, sexy, smart show that lots of folks are calling Sex and the City meets Nothern Exposure. The similarities are obviously there due to the setting and writer/creator, but the characters are much more likable and realistic. The Jack/Marin interactions are great, watching them find how they fit together is a treat...as well as the young/new love story of the adorable Patrick and sweet Annie. These two stories are just the tip of the iceberg.

I find myself grinning through every entire episode...and they aren't predictable/canned comedy episodes. There are twists and turns and realism that makes you feel like you're getting to know these "people."

Give this show a chance on it's new night Thursdays after Grey's Anatomy on ABC. We NEED to get the word-of-mouth movement going to get the ratings up on this one so ABC will pick up more seasons to come. I'm telling everyone I know to watch...tune in this week and get addicted too.

men in trees

Author: one_way1983 from United States
13 January 2007

When this show first came out, I thought that it was going to be dumb and full of cliché and i did not think that it was going to last very long. I thought that it would be canceled after the first episode, but I was wrong. I found myself watching the pilot because there was nothing good on TV. Then, I found myself watching it the second week and so on. I found myself relating to these various characters. It became one of the few shows on television that I made it a point to watch. I was hoping that ABC would try there best not to cancel this promising show. ABC gave them a chance by putting the show right after Grey's Anatomy (show I personally love).

The characters are quirky and lovable after you watch just one episode you will be a fan. I was not particular a Helen Heche fan, but I became one after watching this show. The guy that plays Jack is sexy, sensitive and seems to get Marin (Heche). I just hope that the writers don't drag their love affair.

Excellent

Author: rachelforney from United States
3 January 2007

I love this show. I can't get enough of it. It was great humor and it doesn't drag things out over multiple seasons. It is a show many can relate too. It is my most anticipated show every week. Rerun or not. The characters Jack and Marin have great realistic chemistry. The other relationships that have developed fit all molds. I believe there is at least one relationship that someone can relate to. That is what the show is about right...relationships. The location for filming is absolutely breath taking. There is a true appreciation for the beauty of being in the wilderness. It is a captivating show altogether. My husband does not like what he calls chick flicks or shows but it has become a weekly show for us to watch together.

Great Show with real men

Author: bilida from Canada
8 December 2006

I love the show Men in Trees. It is funny, dramatic, thought provoking, touching, and a little different. Men in Trees helps fill the gap left by Sex in the City but Men in Trees is even more realistic to everyday people. I hope now that it has moved to Thursday night more people will be exposed to this fantastic show. I love how it has the big city girl and her sensibilities in the small town Alaska setting. It is great to get the view point of "real men" as well. Sex in the City was great but I don't run into "metrosexuals" all the time and it is nice to see guys that I would meet on a day to day basis. Men could not relate to Sex in the City but they will be able to relate to Men in Trees and women will love getting the view points of real men. You should watch the show at least three times and you will fall in LOVE with it.

Uber Fan

Author: Feeny0902 from United States
25 December 2006

I agree with those who, like myself, have found themselves addicted to "Men in Trees". It is a smart, funny, witty show, that is very needed after losing Sex and the City, Frasier, and Will and Grace. It asks the relationship questions that all of us at some point have had to face, and then finds the answers, or the closest thing to an answer in the experiences of the colorful and slightly off-beat, but still extremely lovable characters.

Anne Heche's character is a great representation of the female psyche, as she finds her way back from heartbreak after her fiancé cheats. She goes on a much needed detour, and in the process finds real insight and real people with hearts that are learning and growing, just like her.

If you're not addicted, then you haven't watched it.

Love this new show

Author: rajahtiger from United States
19 September 2006

This show is a refreshing mix of humor, romance, and adventure. The hot guys on this show make it worth watching even without the rest. It is nice to see a messed up female character who has to figure things out. Especially to figure out the opposite sex. Anne is refreshing as the main character. The writers have this down to keep it fresh, fun, and each show (so far) has an unexpected twist. I hope this carries through the season and that the show is renewed for next year. There is a raccoon follows her around. The animal is a scene stealer. This is a must watch every week. I do not want to miss one witty line of this new show.

Men in Trees - love it

Author: Sydney1106 from United States
13 February 2008

One of my favorite shows is Men in Trees. I used to watch Northern Exposure, but love this show even more. It's sometimes hard for me to *believe* that it's supposed to be taking place in Alaska, cuz they don't always wear a coat or jacket and I like to think that it's really cold in Alaska, so that really needs to be addressed. But I love the characters of Marin, Jack, and Cash (especially Cash) (smile). The others are an essential part of the cast and have their own particular quirkiness that adds to the storyline. I like the combination of animals w/the storyline - adds to more of the reality of the theme and of being in Alaska. The fact that there really is a Chieftain, tho' possibly not the same inside is nice, too.

There is a lot of love and support that the fans give to this show and this is amazing, given that people are watching from all over, not just the United States and Canada. There are a variety of topics on the ABC MIT message board, whereby people are replying back and forth and you can even post your own.

In addition to the great fans on this message board, they've also put action together to buy food trees (Plant it Forward) to further their commitment. You can find a link on the message board to find out more information on that.

Plus on behalf of the fans, I created a fan site which has lots of info, a guest book, and LOTS of pictures on it of the cast. I even somehow or other managed to put a song up on one of the pages.. now that was fun! You can find this fan site at: http://sydney1106.tripod.com/ and so I hope you will visit and sign the guest book, too!

I really do hope that ABC renews this show not only for the 2008-2009 season, but for however many episodes Jenny Bicks and her team can write! Thank you for letting me post a comment.

Big hearted show with big hearted fans!

Author: mitfanne from Los Angeles, CA
31 January 2008

Men in Trees is the my favorite show on television, hands down. The stories are fun, the characters are compelling and different, and though many people like to call them "quirky," they seem to me to be the most realistic mix of real people on television. Not everyone is some plastic cut-out or Hollywood beautiful person...this cast's appearance is as unique and real as their attitudes and the Elmoian obstacles they overcome every week. Yes, I am a true fan and feel it's my duty to not only continue to spread the word about how great Elmo and it's inhabitants are, but how great it's viewers are as well. The most loyal of us are known as TreeHuggers and we have begun a really great campaign to save the show that we love. It's currently on a "hiatus" until it returns at the end of February. At first, we had just hoped to persuade the network to stop pulling it off the air and swapping time slots more than Marin changed shoes! But now, a very real and heartfelt campaign has started that will not only save the show, but will also feed the hungry as well. If you are a fan, if you're not a fan and just a philanthropist, whoever you are, if you are reading this post, do yourself a favor and check out the Men in Trees message board over at abc.com and see what you can do to save this great show while giving to a great cause. I guarantee it will make your day a little brighter, and you'll find out what it really means to be an Elmoian. Not many shows encourage you to become a better person. Men in Trees does every week. Every TreeHugger knows this, and now you can too. Please do yourself a favor and check out the Men in Trees message board at abc.com and look for the subject titled "Plant it Forward." Then be sure to tune in to Men in Trees Wednesday nights at 10pm starting Feb. 27th. Become a TreeHugger before it's too late!

Love The Show!

Author: cherubmom68 from United States
1 November 2007

Hi, I just wanted to say that MIT is my favorite new show! I agree with previous posters who commented on the chemistry between Jack & Marin. It's so amazing! Especially knowing they're a real life couple! That just makes it more exciting! I hope ABC won't cancel this show! I'd be so upset! It's so funny & romantic. I love the fact that it take place in Alaska, where there are 10 men for every woman! There are some really great lines in this show. Makes you think! I love the music as well! I just love everything about it! The men are gorgeous, & the women are beautiful & funny! I'm really into all of the story lines, but I'm especially hoping Jack & Marin get back together real soon! & I hope Jack puts Marin's name on his arm next! Lisa in CT

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]