IMDb > "Jericho" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Jericho"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Jericho" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

The best new drama of 2006

Author: Workin_Man from Nova Scotia
24 September 2006

"Jericho" is by far, the best new show of 2006. I watched the pilot episode on CBS and I was extremely impressed with it. The acting, storyline, and the whole premise of the show is fantastic! I even got teary eyed a few times through the show. That is a rare thing for me. I usually never get teary eyed during a show or a movie. However, "Jericho" is a whole different kind of show. It was actually suspenseful and even a little bit scary!

I would definitely recommend this show to fans of the drama/sci-fi genres. Actually, I would recommend it to just about anyone! If you're looking for a good time watching TV, then this is the show you should be watching. I definitely enjoyed it, and I know you will enjoy it too.

Excellent Apocalytic Drama

Author: mfvaughn from Seattle, USA
27 September 2006

Having seen only two episodes, I am mildly surprised by the effectiveness of this well presented drama. A relationships-based drama, focused around the family of the Mayor (Gerald McRaney) of a small town, Jericho, thus far the acting and writing is top notch. Tense story lines have been the mark of Jericho thus far. Reminiscent of 24, Jericho is setting up well, and I look forward to the unwinding of the story of a few thousand people struggling to survive and overcome the aftermath of a multiple strike atomic holocaust coast to coast in America's metropolitan centers, leaving Jericho an island of life and hope. Of particular note is the acting of Allison Scott, the acting of Skeet Ulrich, and the understated but grounding performances of both McRaney and as his wife and the matriarch, the always fine Pamela Reed. It will be interesting to see if this strong start can be sustained, or if the storyline will wear thin. The executive production team is youthful but in combination has significant experience in film and in relationship-based TV that bodes well. In order for Jericho to survive, and it should, the tension needs to be maintained for the central family, for Jericho's attempts to survive, for the people of Jericho to maintain their humanity and their optimism, and for the outside world to impinge in a way that makes the struggle for the better parts of our human condition endure. Mighty big tasks, but my hope is that this intelligent, sensitive, and provocative program survives too.

really cool

Author: joterri_1999 from United States
30 September 2006

Jericho is one of those shows that snags you by surprise...you aren't really sure why you started to watch it then before you know it your anxious about next week's show.. The 2nd episode was by far better than the first...I really want to know what exactly has Jake and the "ex cop" from St.Louis were doing prior to the mushroom cloud.. I hope CBS sees the potential in the cast and the story line and they do not drop the bomb on the show. Plus Skeet is a hottie..If someone you know has not watched the show tell them to tune in..Who care about old washed up stars dancing anyway?...Jericho is one of the best new TV shows this season. Thanks CBS ...now what is next?

Very entertaining so far

Author: froggiefan from United States
26 October 2006

I have watched faithfully each week so far and am thoroughly enjoying the show. It is probably my third favorite right now behind Lost and Heroes. The premise of the show is fascinating and thrilling. Very unique. I was excited from the moment I saw the first preview - and so far I haven't been let down. Is it realistic? No probably not. Is is predictable? Yeah, pretty much. But it's a TV show. What TV show is 100% realistic? Viewers are meant to let go of reality and absorb themselves in the fictional world for an hour once per week. It has great character development (who is good and who is bad?). It has mystery. Romance. Action. For those who watch and then hack it to death on the boards - I say stop worrying so much about whether things would really happen that way and enjoy the weekly ride. It's been fun for me so far...

Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant

Author: ivison_1985 from United Kingdom
14 January 2007

This is the best new show I've seen in a long time and the casting is brilliant skeet ulrich would not of been my first choice for the role of Jake but the more I watch the more Skeet grows into the role and not to mention anything that could spoil the series but I cannot believe how well the idea/premise behind the show fits with modern day living the who was it how did it happen is intriguing but not only that you have to keep trying to guess who are the good guys who are the bad you'll never see a better piece of t.v with such intrigues as this one I would definitely recommend to people whom like anything lost fans for the intrigue, sci fir fans because of the plot (e.g roswell, buffy, etc), those fans of law and order or csi because of the mystery in the story, and finally those whom like the teary eyed melodramas because of the human angle.

This is definitely a show for everyone good work and keep it up.

Awesome Show

Author: cuffdaddy from Warrensburg MO, USA
28 September 2006

This has got to be by far the best series on TV. The mixture of mystery/drama/science fiction is excellent as well as the characters. It reminds me of William Johnston's book series "The Ashes" with the doomsday theme. Skeet Ulrich's character is suspenseful because no one knows where he's been or what he's done for the last 5 years, yet he's able to save a little girl on the bus and then kill one of the convicts his first day back! The way they ended the second show with the former policeman putting red pins on cities that were nuked and not showing where he put all the pins leaves you in suspense! Keep up the great job and don't cancel this show!!!!

Jericho, a refreshing step up in quality

Author: Linda_S from United States
2 April 2008

So often I lament the passing of quality broadcast commercial television and then something new, challenging, such as Jericho shows up.

I think it is certainly timely in light of threats from without and perhaps even within our nation.

I was concerned that the 2nd season was not going to measure up as the first episode was rather shaky but it picked up and ended with a bang.

I am glad that CBS brought it back for a finale.

Casting was excellent and I am still astonished at the quality of the writing and plotting. Just so well done.

Meh, I just don't know

Author: thekaj from Kent, WA
27 September 2006

The premise is certainly interesting enough. A small town seemingly cut off from the rest of the world as civilization itself might have gone up with a mushroom cloud. It's a story that has been effectively told in the book Alas Babylon and the miniseries The Day After. Those are big footsteps to follow in, and I'm not too sure this show can do it.

For one, the characters all seem too artificial. We have the wayward son, the bullheaded father, the strong "glue" mother, and the brother who stayed loyal to dad. There's also the standard 2 girls for our hero to fall for: beautiful woman with past history, and hometown girl who can fix machinery. Plus there's other characters like the stranger who knows how to do everything (while apparently 98% of the rest of the town can't understand concepts like how to start a generator or how bad radiation is), outcast boy who pitches in to help, snotty rich girl who spurns outcast boy at first but is won over by a can of pop, and a host of other one dimensional characters with a single role to play, which is usually just to provide a way for the main characters to highlight their knowledge or show how heroic they are.

Like I said, the premise is sound. I want to know who or what caused these attacks. I want to know how wide spread it is. I want to see how the town survives. I'm just not at all convinced that I want to see the story unfold through these characters. I'll give it a little more time, but most likely I'll just stop watching and read up on the storyline if it survives the year.

Small town, big bang.

Author: MJWalker from Malta
23 December 2010

It's a great series that deserved more of a fighting chance. It's easy to understand the many ardent fans of the show, but hard to understand Jericho's failure to attract more viewers than it did. The show is engaging, to the point of being dangerously addicting and whatever it lacks (see below), that's more than made up for by a consistently inventive story expansion. The show moves seamlessly from the original premise of 'USA - post nuke' into much unexpected territory. There's some filler episodes, but barely a bum one. What hampers the series is that odd but inevitable 'dated' feeling that almost all network dramas fail to shake, even the minute they arrive on our screens. Dramas like this just can't live up to the HBO/AMC cannon because of the demands on them to, eg: appeal to a large audience and produce 22-ish episodes per series - it can be simply backbreaking. One can't help but imagine how much better this show could have been with a studio like HBO behind it. It certainly deserves more care, with which it might have not been cancelled. Nevertheless, the fact one can imagine Jericho's greater potential is a credit to the strength of both the inventive writing, the smart political commentary and the many well-drawn characters which shine through occasional soft-focus, feel-good, pre-watershed moments of schmaltz and sentimentality. Those moments are thankfully few, but there's enough to make you wish there were less. The cast are all very capable, particularly Skeet Ulrich, Lennie James and Gerald McRaney who lend the show its gravitas. Bring it back! 4/5

One of the best TV shows ever

Author: llinkinpark2005 from United States
3 January 2007

After watching Lost, I saw the commercial for this on TV and I watched the commercial and I decided that I just had to see what this show was like, so, I went to iTunes and bought the pilot episode and after seeing the pilot I just needed to watch more. I then started to watch it every week when a new episode appeared on TV. I can't wait for the season to restart after the Winter Break and when it comes back on it will hopefully be even better and more people will want to watch it. This in my opinion was in the top 5 for TV shows of 2006 and will be the same in 2007. Everyone should give this show, and every other show out there, a chance before they give their opinion.

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]