IMDb > Wrong Turn 2: Dead End (2007) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 16:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

gory, entertaining

Author: (sabine.krahl@gmx.net) from Germany
30 August 2007

First, i must say, I'm kinda bored by now with the variations of inbred, genetically deformed n so on cannibals, but i thought i give it a try as a no-brain movie, the only real reason to watch being the participation of Henry Rollins. Also, its quite entertaining how the genre tries to outbid the last movie with even more cruel gore than the last one. I guess its become a practice , in which they have a violent film, that gets an uncut edition on DVD, so it might sell more. As i said, as a no-brain, its entertaining, a great film to watch not alone, but with friends-so you can comment on the gory parts.But honestly, the remakes and the stealing of old ideas has become so lame

A movie omelet, but a good one

Author: Hmrsmpsn from United States
31 August 2007

This movie essentially carries a plot and contains scenes we have definitely seen before. All the actors are cliché actors and everything you see has been done before. However, this was done better than most other movies.

The plot revolves around a reality TV show in the woods and of course the cannibals are there. It is simple but was good enough to keep me intrigued to go with the movie. There were characters you root for and characters you wanted to die like in any movie, but the way they died was awesome. There was a plethora of blood and guts and even some tense moments.

A lot better than most other sequels in regards to similar movies like Jeepers Creepers 2, The Ring 2, The Grudge 2, Hills have eyes II, etc. I do recommend renting this so you can cheer for those awesome gory kills and waiting to see if they get their revenge.

More of the same. But Bloodier.

Author: Darkweasel from Stratford-on-Avon, UK
30 August 2007

Mutated hillbillies can be a real pain in the arse. And eye socket. Basically, more of the same from the franchise that wants to be the next Texas Chainsaw Massacre. This time out, instead of Eliza Dushku, we get the quite gorgeous Erica Leerhsen (from... wait, you'll never guess - The Texas chainsaw Massacre remake) and the less than lithe figure of Henry Rollins as the main characters.

A reality TV show show called The Apocalypse sets up it's cameras in the same mutant-infested forest as the last film and the local residents quickly set about slicing and dicing the interlopers like an enraged Gordon Ramsey. Body parts fly off in every direction and blood gushes, spurts, leaks, drops, squirts and cascades in virtually every scene. If you could define this movie in one word, it would be "wet". There's a gratuitous boob shot and obligatory sex scene to keep the titillation quota up in between the carnage, but there's so little story that you could write it on the back of a matchbox. Not that story actually matters here one little bit.

Rollins is an ex-marine turned TV presenter who, when he realises the hills not only have eyes but bear traps, axes and other assorted blunt and sharp weaponry, turns into Arnold Schwarzenegger faster than you can say "Last twenty minutes of Predator". I'm not giving anything away by saying the bad guys get killed and the prettiest girl survives, but poor old Hank? Well, let's just say he's not likely to feature in another sequel...

All in all, it's your typical teens/twenty-somethings against psychos scenario. All is played out with arse-numbing inevitability, with only the gore and death scenes to keep you wondering what's going to happen next. Basically, if you didn't like the first one, then you'll hate this. Oh, and it contains probably the most unintentionally stupid tagged on twist ending I think I may have ever seen. One of those moments that if you're watching it at the cinema, you'll burst out laughing, feel embarrassed for a second or two before you realising everybody else has done exactly the same.

A bloody good time!

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
10 October 2007

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End, what I expected to be total trash turned out to be one of the better horror sequels in a while. Wrong Turn is a decent horror movie that I usually recommend to my friends, it had a fresh new feel for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre genre. So when my boyfriend and I were looking for a film to watch, we came across Wrong Turn 2: Dead End at the video store, I was like oh, no, another crummy sequel to destroy a fine film. But he wanted to see it, so we watched it last night, I have to say that I was completely wrong about what I thought this film was going to be. Actually, this was a fun horror movie, you didn't even need to see the first one to get it, that was a bonus that not too many sequels give the chance for. Wrong Turn 2: Dead End is a fun and gory sequel that offers lots of blood and entertainment.

A group is about to film another "survivor" type of reality show in the middle of the woods. It's called "Apocolypse" where they have to pretend that the world is gone and they're the only survivors and whoever's left standing wins a hundred grand. But things take a very deadly turn when the gang is attacked by blood hungry hillbilly cannibals who want to have them for dinner, if you know what I mean. So this turns into a real survivor show when the gang is now fighting for their lives and try to make it out of the woods alive.

While there are some stories that had no point to them, Wrong Turn 2: Dead End still has an awesome story over all. The deaths were absolutely cool to see, I know that sounds bad, but I just love a good horror film with the great death scenes. I think the first girl had the best with the ax, but I'm not going to give that scene away, just trust me, it's a very cool one. I was very impressed with how cool this sequel was and I highly recommend this movie for any horror fan, it's a fun one to watch.

the sad fact that excrement like "Hills have eyes 2" gets a theatrical release and THIS doesn't is the real travesty

Author: movieman_kev from United States
31 August 2007

First of all, ANYone who hates American Idol (I watch it, but ONLY the auditions and even then just to laugh at the bad ones, but I digress) will absolutely love the opening sequence where Kimberly Caldwell gets hers. The main plot revolves around a crew of youthful contestants for a Survivor-esquire reality TV show hosted by ex-military man Dale Murphy (the always kick-ass Henry Rollins). Playing their game in the remote backwoods of West Virginia, they soon find out that deformed hillbillies are hunting them. Having extremely little to do with the first "Wrong Turn" (which I enjoyed as a fun lil' diversion), this direct to DVD sequel is surprisingly pretty good none the less. Not only that I truly believe it could be the best DTV sequel of 2007 hands down, thanks to a likable cast, a fun storyline, and not skimping on the gore in the least.

My Grade: A-

Eye Candy: Crystal Lowe gets topless

What Hills Have Eyes 2 should have been

Author: chrisbanach-1 from Hollywood, FL 33021 USA
2 September 2007

I was a little tired of all these survival kinda movies, all being alike. But if you truly like gore fest, this one's a keeper.

Most importantly, WT2 manages to keep you entertained with some pretty cool new tricks, while all other sequels (saw, hostel etc...) were not really imaginative when it came to kills.

Here, it's a hell of a ride with really cool kills sequences, unseen yet. And the survivors (if any) are absolutely not predictable.

That's why I liked it, a script with at last some new ideas unlike all the bullshit out there.

Watch it, you won't regret it !

Probably the most entertaining Horror Sequel I've ever seen

Author: IAmNo4 from California
14 October 2007

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End, the obvious sequel to the Terrific 70s Style Horror film Wrong Turn which starred the beautiful Eliza Dushku and Desmond Harrington (and which I surprisingly really dug and loved), was probably my most anticipated film ever for more than 2 years due to many different reasons, hence I was really looking forward to it and couldn't wait to see it. However, it was taking FOX forever to properly release it, so I waited really long for it to finally come out on October 09th, and well, having finally seen the film, all I can say is - WOW, was the wait worth it!, since the film completely exceeded all my expectations, and turned out to be one of the best Horror Sequels I've seen since Aliens and Evil Dead II. The film revolves around a group of 6 reality show contestants (we have the heroine, the black guy, the army chick, the funny guy, the nice girl, the slut, and the 7th contestant who is very brutally eliminated in the amazing and brutal opening scene of the film), their producer, and the host, who start getting killed off one-by-one while participating in the low-budget reality show by a group of sick, horny, and hideously deformed inbred hillbilly cannibals who plan on making them all their dinner. However, unluckily for the hillbillies, the remaining contestants and the host start fighting back for their survival, unaware that the hillbillies have different plans for them and their body parts.

Hvaing watched the film, I have to say that without a doubt one of the biggest highlights of the film is the gorgeous and talented Erica Leerhsen (whom you may recognize from the underrated Blair Witch 2 and the terrific Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake) who is simply terrific in the movie, and fortunately plays the most interesting and likable character with a saddening back story, and is great to see that she has actually has a decent-sized role as I always thought she was heavily underrated.

Henry Rollins steals the show as well and kicks some serious ass in the movie, and let's face it -there's nobody else who would do it better than Rollins; the man is simply a genius and should get more roles like this. Worth mentioning are other talented cast members, including Texas Battle, Aleksa Palladino, Daniella Alonso (who actually has much more to work with than in The Hills Have Eyes II), Steve Braun, Crystal Lowe, and Matthew Currie Holmes, and I have to say that Kimberly Caldwell is also great in her debut role, and delivers a fine performance in the brutal opening scene of the film.

Despite that all characters are pretty stereotypical, you actually care for them (which is very rare in Horror movies as most characters in Slasher films are one-dimensional), and I have to admit it is pretty hard to predict who is going to survive or die, thanks to the writers, Turi Meyer and Al Saptien, who have made a surprisingly effective script. There are a few plot holes and cheesy lines here and there, sure, but who cares?

The direction is amazing as well. Joe Lynch does an outstanding job as the director, and with his many homages to other movies (including The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead II, Aliens, Rambo, The Blair Witch Project; mostly 80s Splatter flicks), and brutal death scenes (hint: opening scene), he is definitely one of the reasons why the sequel turned out so great.

And how does Wrong Turn 2 do in comparison with the original? Well, damn great if I may say. Seeing as the original is very serious, eerie, and scary, the sequel tries to be quite the opposite - just a simple, hardcore, highly entertaining, no-brain, and brutal Splatter flick which doesn't take itself seriously, and luckily, it succeeds. It's very different from the first one, and quality-wise - I love them both equally as they're entirely different, but equally amazing. Also, don't let the fact that this is a direct-to-video film put you away, as it's definitely the best straight-to-video movie I've ever seen, and just proves that sometimes even a little, direct-to-video sequel can live up to its proceeder, and even stand on its own.

So in all - is Wrong Turn 2 completely flawless? No, not really. Is it a perfect film? Nope. But is it a Highly Entertaining, Fast-paced, Memorable, Gory and Amazing Horror Sequel which blows away most 2007 Horror flicks? Damn straight it is. Honestly, I really don't understand why FOX sent this direct-to-video, and The Hills Have Eyes II in theaters as Wrong Turn 2 is tons better and a much more enjoyable flick.

In short, Wrong Turn 2 is hands down the most entertaining and goriest Horror Sequel I've ever seen. It's not flawless or perfect, but I still love it, so if you really are looking for a worthy sequel with amazing acting, great direction, brutal and inventive deaths, likable characters, and lots more, Wrong Turn 2 is definitely then the right turn, and an amazing Horror flick you should surely check out! Highly recommended.

A Replay of Many Other Movies – But with More Gore and Originality in the Deaths

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
30 November 2007

In Greenbrier Back Country, West Virginia, the retired military Dale Murphy (Henry Rollins) is hosting a tough survivor show where the winner takes US$ 100,000.00. The proposal of the reality show is to survive in the woods in the most adverse conditions, following predetermined rules. Sooner the contestants find that they are really fighting to survive against a strong, sadistic and violent cannibalistic family with the appearance of monsters. Further, Colonel Dale discloses that many years ago, an abandoned pulp mill released chemical wastes on the creek, killing the animals and transforming the descendants of a local family in deformed mutants. Without animals to hunt or fish to catch, the next generation chases travelers to feed themselves.

"Wrong Turn 2: Dead End" has an unoriginal story that I have seen many times, and seems to be a replay of parts of many other movies, like for example "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "The Hills Have Eyes", "Timber Falls", "Wrong Turn" plus breasts of a sexy girl and a collection of clichés of the genre. However, this film is surprisingly good, having more gore and originality in the deaths than the usual; and works, hooking the attention of the viewer until the very last scene. The death of Kimberly Caldwell in the beginning gives a great introduction of how bloody this film is. When I see this type of movie, I try to guess what will happen to the potential victims, if they will survive or die, and the gore resolution of this movie is good. The make-up and the special effects are impressive. In my opinion, fans of the genre will not be disappointed with this film. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Floresta do Mal" ("Forest of the Evil")

A surprisingly good movie.

Author: Shawn Watson from The Penumbra
7 January 2008

Low-rent slasher sequels are usually garbage, I mean has anyone seen Hostel 2, The Grudge 2 or Hills Have Eyes 2? As a result I really wasn't expecting much of this movie despite enjoying the first, not merely for the gorgeous Eliza Dushku either. The premise is nothing new, but the characters, gore and inventive kills make it well worth watching.

The always cool Henry Rollins (who I'd pay money just to see reading the bible) plays a retired Army Colonel who is now hosting a faux-post apocalyptic reality game show. The setting: the woods. But not just any woods, this is inbred hillbilly territory and they are only too happy to devour a bunch of young city folks.

Erica Leerhseen (who seriously does not look as old as she is) plays Nina, the cynical, jaded one of the group who keeps her cool when the guts start spilling. Usually with these movies you can tell exactly who is going to die and in what order, but Wrong Turn 2 still managed to seem fresh. I wasn't simply waiting for characters to die or wishing that they'd hurry up and meet a grisly end, since such fodder are usually highly annoying.

The one thing that I didn't like was the utterly flat photography. The original had a dark, grainy and hardcore look to it but the sequel just seems so clean and bright and open. I think that if Joe Lynch was perhaps a more experienced director then the film would look tighter and more dynamic, as it is the cinematography does little to compliment the above-average production design.

If you are a fan of the first movie then I totally recommend that you give this one a go. It surpassed my expectations and I'm usually quite a snob when it comes to movies.

Gorier and nastier sequel.

Author: HumanoidOfFlesh from Chyby, Poland
21 October 2007

"Wrong Turn 2:Dead End" provides a really amusing way for our latest victims to end up in trouble.They're the contestants on a Survivor-style reality series.Because our six contestants and a few poor producers are actually tramping around the lair of mutant inbred cannibals...This tongue-in-cheek horror flick is nastier than the original,but the violence is more cartoonish."Wrong Turn" by Rob Schmidt was quite serious,in "Wrong Turn 2" the gore flows more freely.Henry Rollins is fun to watch as the tough survivalist who kicks some cannibal ass.The pace is fast,the characters are well-developed and the mutants look ugly.Give it a whirl.8 out of 10.

Page 1 of 16:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]