IMDb > Taxi 4 (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Taxi 4 More at IMDbPro »

Please, end it here.

Author: Pascal Zinken (LazySod) from Maastricht, The Netherlands
16 February 2007

In 1998 taxi pizza delivery guy Daniel became a taxi driver. One that made the streets of Marseille a dangerous place. Emilien, a cop, was there to work against him, and later with him, in pursuit of a gang of bank robbers. This film was fast paced, had a high comedy factor, insanely fast chase scenes and a compelling story. Two sequels were made. Part II was good, part III was OK.

Now, Daniel and Emilien return to the screen once more. The story picking up where part III left of - both have a son. The rest of the storyline is continued as well, for the most. Which also means most of the characters from the earlier films return too. The fast paced action is there too, just not in the same amounts as the earlier films. And that's where the painful truth lies. The cow has been milked empty - Taxi 4 is an insult to the first film. There was in total about 15 minutes of worthy film material in this one, and all the rest was rehashed, and badly at that, old material.

Anyway, the story in short: more adventures in Marseille with a fast taxi and a slow cop. But not as good as the previous ones, and hopefully the last in the series. The steady decline in quality after the first one is painful to the brain.

4 out of 10 cops run of the road.

taxi 4 a movie that does not follow the trilogy

Author: konrad coco from Belgium
15 March 2007

The worst of all the taxi movies. A beautiful car is the only positive object in this picture; Not enough actions scenes and comedy scenes like in the other pictures. You have to be a Belgian for really understanding the dialogs in this movie. Furthermore the dangerous criminal is known as the biggest Flemish menace, apparently the French have forgotten that in Flanders the people speak Dutch.

The big lack in this movie is the absence of hot pursuits of the taxi driver like in the other three movies. It's a summery of copies of good scenes from the previous movies but it lacks the magic and comedy of the other taxi movies.

The original Luc Besson movie is far more better then this one.

The weakest of the series

Author: chrichtonsworld from Netherlands
5 May 2007

Not much is left of the fast paced action from the original "Taxi"! The only connection between this and the previous movies are the cast and a very short appearance of the taxi driven by Daniel (Samy Naceri)! Everything what I liked about the "Taxi" series is gone! Apart from the climax which looked like a parody on Scarface there is not much action to be enjoyed! There are no car chases and none of the spectacular stunts we are used to from the "Taxi" series! That doesn't mean that "Taxi 4" is a bad movie! It has a lot of funny moments and you will laugh! But with the action missing the well balanced mix of humor and action is lost! It was nice to see the main characters some what matured since they have become parents! But it could have been much nicer if they showed more about the relationship between the heroes and their children! I hope this will be the last in the "Taxi" series! Because it only can get worse and that shouldn't happen! "Taxi 4" is a slapstick comedy that surely will find an audience! But my guess is that a lot of fans from the original Taxi will give this a miss!

Sequels May Be Great!

Author: denis888 from Russian Federation
15 April 2007

Taxi 4 is great! It is so light, so optimistic, so unabashed and so well done that leaves only good impressions. Usually, the sequels and moreover all other continuations do not work out, but this did it. 91 minutes of the film fly so quickly that at the end you need more of this merry, funny, witty work. All the beloved heroes are here – silly Police Chief with all his crazy ideas, pot-smoking Rasta cop, slightly slow Afro-American cop, and then, the excellent trio of main heroes – Mr. Taxi Driver, Daniel; clumsy and sluggish Emelienne and then his super wife, Petra. This trio holds the whole film well, but then without all the secondary characters it also would be impossible to make this movie so good. The Belgian criminal, slightly stupid gangsters, terribly inept policemen, shoot-outs, chases, fights, drugs, football – everything is mixed up and served so hot, so immediate, so tasty and so refreshingly funny. This is a great example that Part Four sometimes may be very good.

taxi 4 needs a follow up!

Author: woutos from Netherlands
1 July 2007

Taxi 4

I am a total fan of the taxi movies! I also do agree with all the comments above that taxi 4 doesn't compare to the other parts of taxi! In general I was also asking the question why all movies have to end with a trilogy? why not 4 or 5? it seem to work with the bond movies! some are bad and some are excellent! The ingredients of the taxi movies are excellent but the script was quite lacking this time!! Luc Besson has to make a part 5 to keep all lovers satisfied!! though it is nice to see all actors are still in place! like family you haven't seen in a long time! commissaire gilbert is far out the most excellent person in the movie! The part of Belgium Vlaanderen is known for speaking dutch and from the Brussels region it is french and dutch so one comment isn't quite fair to say they got it wrong with the language! The bank-employee was from Brussels so it could be true! however the french are known for being very chauvinistic so if you look closer to this movie and for example wasabi and earlier taxi parts you notice Japanese people, and Germans speak perfectly french! I think it is better to make the movie more international with other languages spoken. Not just one phrase in German or Japanese and that's it... The car in this movie is hot!! I do hope everybody agrees in that?!

Disappointing but still likable fourth chapter in the series, with Emma Sjöberg at her hottest

Author: gridoon2014
7 February 2008

The fourth and last (so far) entry in the long-running "Taxi" series is a mild disappointment. There are few car-chase-and-crash thrills, and lengthy talky passages have taken their place. Instead of a climactic chase, we get a belated "Scarface" parody. However, the enduring appeal of these characters, some good laughs ("Yes, the Belgian confessed everything. We used the opportunity to close a few other cases, too!"), and a fun cameo for football (soccer, for Americans) fans at the start help keep this sequel painless. One of its best points by far is the return of Emma Sjöberg as Petra. In this one, she goes undercover as a brunette, and she reminded me of Jennifer Garner in one of her "Alias" disguises. In fact, considering her Amazonian looks and matching fighting abilities (briefly shown here, but showcased better in "Taxi 2") it's a wonder that her film career basically consists only of this series and a Dennis Rodman vehicle. (**)

A good revisiting with old friends

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
24 December 2007

After the misstep of the American Taxi film (which compressed the three French films into one gender reversed tale) Luc Besson tries to strike gold again with a new film with the original cast.

Picking up several years after the last film, with the two buddies Taxi driver Daniel and Cop Emilien dealing with their own kids as well as a Belgian super criminal the police force is assigned to watch for 24 hours. Of course things go wrong and the criminal escapes leading to assorted troubles along the way.

Its an amusing revisit with some good friends. More amusing than than funny (though there are enough laughs to make it worth a trip) this is a rambling film that would have been better had it not been a Taxi film. Forgive me, the previous Taxi films have set a rather high bar for controlled insanity and car chases. here there is insanity and silliness, but of a kinder gentler sort. Other than the opening get the passenger to the soccer pitch there really isn't any car chases and Daniel is given very little to do but be a dad, which is fine, but I really wanted another chase or two. Those wanting action scenes will not be disappointed by the over the top send up of Scarface that ends the film, which does provide the film with some solid laughs.

I liked the film. I laughed a great deal. I shouldn't be picky especially since the characters are still the characters and anytime with them is well spent.

If you're a fan this is definitely worth a look. If you've never seen a real Taxi film (The American version does not count) see one of the others first (preferably all of the others in order they are some of the best comedies of the last 10 years)

How to destroy Taxi

Author: Overflood from Hungary
8 April 2007

When you go into the cinema , lets be honest you do not expect much from this movie.(After taxi 3 most fans of the series learned to lower their expectations) But after approx. 1,5 hours you realize , you have seen a movie with a "story" not worth mentioning , no real action just a few attempts on creating jokes out of nothing (last big shooting scene ) , no car chases (the car itself moves just around 10 minutes max)the characters are far beyond the line where it is funny to be idiotic , all the so called jokes give you the felling "Somebody tried very hard to be funny without reaching it ever" Take the kids of the main characters for example , the only reason why they are in the movie is to create 15/20 minutes , which can be used to fill the gaps in this 90 minute long movie.I don't even start to think about creating some new jokes , or scenes , noooo...The things making the watcher of the series laughing in Tax 1/2 may have been good , but to simply copy them and "re-selling"them with different labels is simply lame...... So all the things that made Taxi 1/2 a good movie are simply not present here.If the movie at least had some real action , or a few good jokes i would have given it a 6. I have spent approx 5 euros to watch this one .....If you do not want to spend your money on 1,5 hours of nothing ...go and buy a rose for your girlfriend...

T4XI goes 4 (a ride)

Author: kosmasp
10 October 2007

The overall impression here on IMDb is, that this movie is bad (maybe even badder than part 3). But I think this is a vast improvement on part 3. Especially the beginning, where you get all the silly action you were used from the first two parts, woven into a "real event" (a soccer thing).

Again there will be many things that will challenge your brain, but this wasn't any different in the previous movies. What is different, are the car chases (there are fewer shown here). But then again, how many car chases must there be? I think there are enough car chases to be found here. The silly story is good enough and most of all, I felt the same flair as I did, with the original two Taxi movies. And I think it's a good thing, that one character that was present throughout the first three movies, is absent in this one (I guess it was due to the fact, there was no agreement with that person, but it still is better for the movie, because there is more time for other things).

T4XI 4... a little too taxing I'm afraid!

Author: benzeebug from United States
16 May 2007

If you loved Taxi 1 & 2, but weren't too impressed with Taxi 3, then you may not want to bother seeing Taxi 4, (called T4XI in France), as it may upset you to see what has become of the crazy, cool, action packed and funny, original classic. Sure, the whole gang are all there, but unfortunately the action isn't. There must have been less than 20 minutes of decent chases, crashes and other action in the entire movie, and the gags and humor were getting a little tired after the 3 previous movies. I didn't hate the movie but I wished I'd spent my money on something else once I discovered it paled into insignificance compared to the original. I'm not sure what Luc Besson was up to, or was on, when making this movie, but I find it interesting that there's a new 'mobile internet' website for finding taxis on your mob phone with the exact same name, ( t4xi.mobi ), and that on you-tube right now there's ' T4XI ' video clips all over the place! Whether this is some last minute attempt to cross market or boost ticket sales, I don't know, but it's interesting to note that the t4xi.mobi site appeared at almost the same time as T4XI, the movie. Hmm... Could be marketing, but could be just coincidence. It's so hard to tell nowadays! Anyway, after seeing Taxi 4, I was thinking that maybe I'd just out grown that sort humor, but no, it wasn't that at all. It was just plain b- ! I can't bring myself to say that 3 letter 'b' word, not of Luc Besson, so I'll just say it was lacklustre! I really think T4XI has taken its last ride!