IMDb > "Help Me Help You" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Help Me Help You" More at IMDbPro »

Great show that should not have been canceled

Author: The_Athlete from United States
28 October 2008

The show was very entertaining and had one of the best cast of any show I have ever seen. The cast included Ted Danson and several other veteran actors such as Jere Burns, Tim Meadows, Charlie Finn, Jim Rash, Jane Lynch, Thomas F. Wilson, Bruce Altman and Jane Kaczmarek, if you don't recognize the names, look at pictures of them, and you will most likely remember them from something. I consider this show one of my favorites despite such few episodes and I am clueless as to why ABC canceled it.

Now about the show it was a comedy. Ted Danson played a Therapist and best selling self-help author who held group therapy meetings for people who had social problems such as anger management, sexual confusion, dating and work place environment issues and he tries to get them to take control of their lives and help themselves. At the same time Ted Danson's character is dealing with being divorced from his long time wife played by Jane Kaczmarek who is dating Thomas F. Wilson's character, and while all this is going on his 20 something daughter is dating a fellow therapist who is the same age as him. So Ted Danson's character is trying to help others while he needs a lot of help himself. It was a very funny show and another great work by Ted Danson.