- the war between the Asgardians and the Jotunns was based on the Aesir-Vanir war (the Jotunns were in fact a non-hostile/antagonistic race)
- Odin's ravens Huginn (thought) and Muninn (memory), who gather information in Midgard and relay it to Odin, are sitting on his throne during Thor's coronation ceremony
- the Bifrost, originally thought of as the rainbow by the Norse, is seen as a beam of rainbow light.
- when Odin appears in Jotunheim, he is riding his eight-legged horse Sleipnir
- a Jotun calls Thor a "little princess" - once Thor's hammer was stolen and he dressed up as a Princess to go back and retrieve it
- and Thor shows Jane a drawing of a crossroads with nine orbs in it - his perception and representation of Yggdrasil, a great tree around which the nine worlds are tethered, making up the universe.
- the Orb of Agamotto,
- the Tablet of Life and Time, a slab that can extend one's lifetime
- the Eternal Flame,
- the Eye of Agamotto,
- the Casket of Ancient Winters, a enchanted container filled with frosty winds; plays a major role in this film.
- and the Infinity Gauntlet, a glove encrusted with six reality-bending jewels (only seen briefly when the Destroyer attacks the Jotun thieves.