IMDb > The Cheetah Girls 2 (2006) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Very entertaining

Author: jeanne46205 from United States
25 August 2006

This was a charming film to view. In the true spirit of Disney movies. I love musicals especially when highly talented people star in them. This movie was stuffed full to over flowing with talented cast. Even the back ground musicians and dancers were great! I found the plot fun light and easy to watch. O.k. so its not Oscar worthy. Who cares? In this torn up world we live in. A feel good film is worth its weight in gold. Especially for young viewers. But this 30 something Lady had fun watching it too. The music was very high quality and the scenery gorgeous. Also a special nod to the fact that this film used classic guitar and the cultural flavor of Barcelona in it's music. Good going cast and crew,thank you for making this fun movie.

Much Better than the First....

Author: koolnut from Tonga
31 January 2007

I watched the first movie,and thought it lacked a good story...though the songs seemed catchy-I got over it quickly. When I heard about the sequel though,I was abit unsure until hearing that it was way better. I had to agree,this was a lot better. The story begins when the Cheetah girls arrive in Spain to compete in a music festival where each girl gets caught up-will the girls be able to stick together? I think for them,just being somewhere different worked wonders and made a huge difference on the focus of the story. It's a very cute movie with a load of great music sort of a Hiphop/pop blend along with great dance moves that you would just love...I'd compare it to High School Musical-but *way* better. The cast worked well with their roles,though the movie had it's faults at some point(I have no idea where..)I think it did a pretty good job.

If you liked High School Musical-watch it. If you'd like to watch a fun,musical...um..movie,then watch it!

This is a great movie for people of all ages and may satisfy the teens and kids most. My ratings:G for great.

For what it was, it was OK.

Author: BigManJon22 from United States
26 August 2006

DCOMs (Disney Channel Original Movies), tend to be...well...let's just say that the movies of yesteryear were much better. Nowadays it seems like its just about showcasing mediocre talent with a story that isn't well developed and contains inconsistencies. It's like a child wrote it.

It's hard to give it a review because there were things I liked and things I didn't. For starters I feel the girls are all good singers and performers. I like how Raven toned it down this time singing wise. Last time she was so upfront it was almost overbearing. I liked hearing Sabrina and Kiely more this time around. And Adrienne has an awesome voice. Acting wise Raven has good comedic timing and can do the serious scenes pretty well. However there wasn't much new territory. I was very interested in Chanel's storyline and seeing it develop more from the last movie. Adrienne helped me to care about what happened to her. I think she had the best subplot. Dorinda's storyline was OK. Nothing special, but nice dancing. As for Aqua, it was nice to see some character development, but I think she's getting the short end of the stick. I still don't know her yet. If there's another movie there should be some more focus on her. Also I must give props to Lynn Whitfield. I loved her scenes.

Now for the hard part. The plot was just unbelievable in some scenes. As a previous commenter said, the whole contest situation wouldn't happen, especially considering the deadline was a week before. The whole story line with Marisol and her mother wanting to break the Cheetah Girls up, I just didn't believe it. There wasn't enough time spent on it to really make me understand where she was coming from and why she was so hard on Marisol. It seemed forced and wanted to understand that more. The ending created a huge plot hole. How were the girls able to rehearse in a few days with dancers and musicians if they barley knew their song? I also didn't like how each song was filmed like a music video. Maybe more focus should of been on the actual story. Even Glitter didn't have that many music vignettes (I know the movies are on different calibers, but just an example.) It's things like this that prevented me from giving it a high score.

In all the movie was simply OK. Not horrible, not extravagant, but simply OK. The music was awesome and the four girls, Belinda, and Angel(I don't know the actor's name) definitely have talent. But I think more time should have been put into the plot to give a more realistic feel and show growth in the characters. If there was more substance I think I would have liked it better.

Positive Shows

Author: amryan from United States
26 September 2006

I am a parent of three young girls and we all (including myself) loved the movie. It is nice to see movies on TV that aren't full of sex, violence and profanity. Who cares if Disney movies are a little too fantasy like. Isn't that why sometimes we watch movies...to experience a little fantasy? I remember the good ol' days of watching the Sunday night Disney movie with my family and think we need more positive programming. I also like that the girls in the movie weren't all dressed scantily - they were pretty good role models by my definition. It was a fun, upbeat movie and the music and dancing were good too! I thought it was Cheetah-licious!

Cheetah Girls 2

Author: kydeja from United Kingdom
15 October 2006

i think the movie was very enjoyable to watch i happened to come across it when flipping through channels. the music is really good and the plot is alright too. it is Basically about 4 singers that want to make it big the. in hopes of stardom they enter a competition in all the way in Barcelona. they enroll in some fun activities and with a lot of singing and dancing along the way.one one of the best songs was the on e at the end which was predictably great because it was fun and vibrant and had a Barcelona feel to it. it is a million times better than the first one because there're all a bit older. We can only hope that we are lucky enough to be able to see a Cheeatah girls 3.

The Cheetahs go international

Author: Awsomegolfer101 from United States
1 January 2007

This movie was as good or better than the first. It may have to do with Kenny Ortega as the director or it is in Spain so.... It was cool to see what they had to accomplish next and i hope they make a 3rd. This movie is about being with your friends, trusting people and "knowing that you and your friends can have the same dream but have different ways of doing it." Also "your friends are not your twin they probably will like something different but you can't or shouldn't hate them for it." The Cheetah girls made both comments. This movie has a lot of hot dances and songs along with a great plot line. I do think people should watch this and if you don't learn something your loss.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie was never meant for girls over twelve

Author: amber-147 from United States
26 August 2006

I want to start out by saying THIS MOVIE WAS NEVER MEANT FOR GIRLS OVER TWELVE. Its a tween movie just because the girls in the movie are older does not mean its meant for girls the same age. Yes this movies storyline was a lot like the first movie but consider the fact that it has been quite awhile since the first movie, not to mention the first movie was fun and straying to far from the storyline is risky. I didn't like what they did with aquas character only because they made her sound immature and even a bit stupid sometimes, the girls acting was good it was just the writing that was less than lovable. The costumes at the end of the movie were soooo ugly especially gallerias it was disgusting it made her look ten times bigger than she is. I liked that the girls were all normal in the body size area they actually looked like normal teenage girls. I know that a lot of the old cheetah fans are beyond the age range for this movie now but its a Disney movie they cater to Families and Children not teenage girls so give them a break. This will go on my list of good movies when I have children.

One of the best

Author: horseluver543 from United States
9 November 2006

I thought the movie was great!!! I lost my passion for dancing in the past year and also have a bad back injury. After watching the movie it really made me wanna get back in to it and I would, but due to my back I can't take hip hop or anything like that. Sabrina is really talented, I really think she should come out with other movies and her own album. The songs and dancing in this film were much better then the first. The storyline was kind of like the first one, but it was a lot more interesting, especially because it was filmed in Spain. Even though it's for younger kids I still loved it and I thought the girls really matured for this one.

For all the rude comments out there, all I have to say to that is, if you didn't like it then don't watch it and don't say anything, because all your doing is putting the movie down for all the younger kids who enjoyed it. Just think of how many kids really enjoyed it and wanted to get up and dance/sing along, and how happy they were. Your just wasting your time!!!!

Totally Different , this movie is really good.

Author: Lakee05 from United States
26 August 2006

First of all this movie is really good. I'm 18 and this wow'ed me. I watched the first one and this movie shows how much they have grown and matured. The music is awesome. It doesn't even have that kiddy feel. I could play this in the car and not be ashamed. The dancing was great too let me see you(musicmunik23) do the routines. And the story is totally flipped from the first. Galleria is the only one who has the level head they didn't go over there to go on vacation. They had a competition to win. They hadn't rehearsed one time since they got there, and ain't no way they were going to win with the music from the first movie. Galleria was giving them exactly what they desired. I wouldn't have wasted my time ether trying to get them to rehearse. Ones pouting and her mom, ones caught up in fashion, and ones getting rid of a guy that she likes because she thinks he is to good for her. Also the added villain was really underhanded and dirty trying to use Chanel to win. Nonthing like Jackel, after the "mask thing" in the first movie Jackel faded out. This is a really good movie like I said. Give it another look. Watch it again and try not to think negative.

As of 2009, it's still the best Disney Channel Original Movie to watch.

Author: departed07 from United States
23 September 2009

After High School Musical 2, Wizards of Waverly Place the Movie, Camp Rock and Princess Protection Program found ways to attract their audience from real life relationships, stereotypical razas, and marketing to rank the ratings, none of these films aren't memorable for me to watch overs again unlike The Cheetah Girls 2 which balances drama, comedy and a musical all in one while in Spain.

Directed by Kenny Ortega (High School Musical), The Cheetah Girls 2 takes place after Galleria (Raven Symone), Chanel (Adrienne Bailon), Dorinda (Sabrina Bryan) and Aqua (Keily Williams) graduate from high school and separation anxiety takes place after Chanel's mother says she wants to take Chanel to Spain to meet with the new fiancé; however fate comes in where the girls look at an ad in a magazine for musical auditions in Spain and that's where the fun begins. Other than the audition itself, the girls are put to the test of friendship, romance and acceptance.

Okay, normally original flicks from Disney aren't supposed to draw everybody's attention since their target audiences are normally tweens and teens; but as an adult, it was interesting to watch a Disney Original movie that is not as dumb like High School Musical 2 or a stereotypical movie for people to be proud of their race like Wizards of Waverly Place The Movie, but a bit of everything where people who are and who are not fans of Disney can watch this film with their family without feeling a bit relish or dumb down. The acting of the four leads show more maturity than those of the High School Musical sequels and the music is dynamic with a blend of Latin and pop where mixing two sets has never been so better.

Overall, this is still the best Disney Channel Original Movie to watch.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]