Star Trek (2009)
- Karl Urban succeeded Tommy Lee Jones, Jon Voight, James Garner, and Jonny Lee Miller as Woodrow F. Call in Comanche Moon (2008)
- Anton Yelchin replaced Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese in Terminator Salvation (2009)
- and Chris Pine is set to succeed Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck as Jack Ryan in Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014).
- Nero uses a parasite to extract information from Captain Pike, which Khan does to Chekov;
- the Kobayashi Maru test is seen, which Kirk took three times, reprogramming it the third time;
- Spock serves as a Starfleet instructor supervising the test;
- And some lines from that film appear in this one ("I don't believe in no-win scenarios", "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?" and Spock's closing monologue).