IMDb > Scary Movie 5 (2013) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Scary Movie 5

Scary Movie 5 More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 19: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Wow! This is the pits!

Author: Austin from Oklahoma, USA
16 June 2016

All I have to say is this is the worst of the franchise and really sucks, what happened to make people want to create a POS like this? David Zucker you should be ashamed for producing this and ripping people off! The Wayans bros. need to come back! This shouldn't be making a dime, it is trash and not funny! Ashley Tisdale is a Disney has been and so is everyone else here. The jokes were written on a nap kin by a toddler, these are the worst gags ever, I am not kidding! Dimension films does not care about making good stuff and that's why they are douche bags! This is proof! Do yourself a favor and watch Airplane instead, at least it's funny and not retarded like scary movie farts(excuse me, 5!. This franchise is dead.

Not even worth to have a fake laugh

Author: Reno Rangan from Somewhere in the Cosmos
10 April 2014

Scary movie series were famous for spoofing other great movies. It all began with a decent first, then sequel after sequel declined its originality as well the fun parts. This fifth movie was below average, had some of the good guys in guest roles and that did not bring the movie upwards. I don't know what's with the Snoop Dogg and Mike Tyson's cameo, anyway the movie was almost crap.

During the watch I almost sat idle throughout the movie without having a laugh. I believe that was not intended to give the viewers by this filmmaker, but that is what really happened to me. I know they won't stop here with this, so I say better luck with the next movie of this series.

Please kill off the Scary Movie franchise now.

Author: richieandsam
21 December 2013

SCARY MOVIE V

Blimey… again we have a franchise that doesn't know when to end. This movie should have never been made.

This movie parodies other horror films that have recently come out. In this film we see spoofs of Evil Dead, Mama, Paranormal Activity, Cabin in the Woods, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Black Swan and Inception.

I loved Scary Movie. I thought the original movie was brilliant. But after the second one they all mingle into one big mess for me. There are far too many parodies out there these days that they have stopped being funny. I guess it is one of those 'too much of a good thing' situations. I have always enjoyed stupid humour. It started when I was a kid and watched the Naked Gun. From then on I always looked out for them. But now it seems they are pushing it too far that it has lost its comedy value. I remember going to the cinema to watch Vampires Suck… the whole movie sucked!

Anyway… back to Scary Movie 5.

The movie has a lot of famous faces in, but they are mostly just cameos. They even put the cameo stars on the front cover of the DVD… it's as if they knew that no-one would watch this unless it has some decent names attached to it. The main character is played by Ashley Tisdale. I was watching this movie looking at her thinking "I know her from somewhere" But I could not remember where I had seen her. Then the nightmare came back to me… "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…". It is Sharpay from High School Musical. I tried my best to delete that film from my memory. But to be honest, she didn't do a bad job in this. She was funny in places and can imagine she could be a comedy actress if she had a decent film to be in. The cameo stars were Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, Snoop Dogg, Terry Crews, Bow Wow, Heather Locklear, Jerry O'Connell & Mike Tyson. That is one hell of a cast list… but they are not really on screen long enough for you to appreciate them. In some cases if you blink, you will miss them.

This film is not all bad. I was laughing out loud to a few scenes. There were some scenes that were very funny. Just not enough of them. I think the main reason I found them funny is because I have seen the movies they were mimicking.

I was also very surprised to see the film was only on for 1 hour 8 minutes (not including the credits). That is very short for a movie… and even though it was not a great film I still would have wanted it to go on a bit longer. It felt like they had run out of things to parody so they ended the movie.

Overall the film was amusing in places, but I did find myself watching it with a straight face through a lot of the gags. Mainly because they have been done a million times over. I really hope they don't make any more now. I believe this was the final nail in the Scary Movie coffin.

I will give this film 5 out of 10.

"I'll pay you to get me out of this movie"

For more reviews, please like my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ordinary-Person-Movie- Reviews/456572047728204?ref=hl

Sharknado, without the Sharks or nados

Author: Alan who from United Kingdom
31 July 2013

Take a group of bored actors with nothing in the works, mix in a large number of crew meandering around the Hollywood Hills looking for work, add a 120 pages of random meaningless dialogue (found in a discarded waste bucket next to a photocopier) finally stir it all up and hang around studio parking lots or known eateries of studio big wigs and financiers, ply them with drink and voilà you have this.

A complete waste of time, dull, predictable and as funny as the toothache that kept me up and out watching it (a wisdom tooth), in their defence we (and those behind them) know Sharknado, Megashark etc. are always going to be laughable, the only laughable part of this was how someone, somewhere managed to get it made.

For 1/100,000th of the cost of this the guys behind Birdemic could have bought a second mic that worked and a pair of decent headphones and almost, just almost not have been above this as the worst movie I have seen this year.

not good but better then a lot of spoofs made these days

Author: trashgang from Midian
8 January 2014

Having a big laugh with the first Scary Movie (2000) the second entry was already a downfall and it got worse with every release. Enter number 5 into the franchise but this time my twelve year old daughter wanted to see it too because Ashley Tisdale (Jody) was in it who she knew from High School Musical (2006). And I must say that she did have a few scene's laughing out loud, especially with the baby but after 30 minutes she went back to her multimedia. Do I need to say more?

I watched it until the end and stated as 85 minutes it stops around 72 minutes, from there on it's the end credits but they warned the viewer, bloopers on the way. So I waited, and watched the bloopers who some looked like they were set in scene. Overall, I did had a smile here and there but still it's a turkey.

It's always so weird to see big names from back in the days coming into the franchise. There only for a few minutes in it so don't pick it up for that reason. This time the story is based on the horror Mama (2013) and the Paranormal Activity franchise. It do works here and there but some parts are really childish or on the edge of slapstick. For me the best part was the spoof on Evil Dead (2013),the split tongue and the removal of the arm, it's all there, and the lesbian scene of Black Swan (2010).

The producers clearly made it for teens because there's no nudity in it. Two girls do have a shower scene but are dressed in their bikinis. It's not good at all but I have to say better then the Twilight spoofs out there or zombie spoofs.

Gore 0,5/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 3/5 Story 2,5/5 Comedy 1/5

New Sequel, Same Jokes, Same Mistakes

Author: William C. Uchtman (aesgaard41@hotmail.com) from Hendersonville, TN
11 September 2013

I went into this movie locked and loaded. I'm well aware how extremely distasteful these movies tend to be and how much steam and potential is lost within the first five to ten minutes, but I stand by my credo that the last halfway decent movie parody ever seen was "Dracula: Dead and Loving It." "A Haunted House" came close, but like "Scary Movie 5," what we get isn't a very polished script nor is it anything close to a decent comedy. What it actually is just a string of bad sketches and non-sequential scenes strung together in a lazy haphazard plot. What this movie needs is a decent writer with an understanding of story structure and character development. I'm a writer, and I could have tightened and improved this movie twice over. "Scary Movie 5" is basically an imperfect spoof of the movie "Mama" with a little "Paranormal Activity" added to it and way too much "Black Swan" and "Planet Of The Apes." The "Apes" material should have been exorcised entirely; did we not learn from our mistakes with merging science fiction and horror in "Scary Movie 3" and "Scary Movie 4?" The "Black Swan" material is almost amusing, but it takes up too much time from the main plot with Simon Rex and Ashley Tisdale as a couple trying to raise kids, which by itself has huge potential for slapstick, but is instead dragged down by the weak ghost storyline and further weakened by the incessant references to "Swan" and "Apes." As usual, Simon is great at the slapstick and physical comedy as he goes through several injuries just short of getting dismembered (which instead happens to other characters in the movie), but Ashley looks uncomfortable with the sophomoric humor and R-rated material; her range in the movie is mostly limited to facial expressions and being gratuitously under-used except where someone needs to be embarrassed. They're joined by a roster of both TV and movie stars, such as Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, Snoop Dawg, Heather Locklear, Jasmine Guy, James Van Der Beek, JP Manoux, Jerry O'Connell and Morgan Freeman as the narrator. Charlie and Lindsay's opening simulated sex tirade isn't amusing nor is it funny, but it does set the style of humor for the movie. More should have been done with Lindsay's possessed scene, which ends way too fast before breaking into the graphics reminding us this is another sequel to a string of movies that didn't need sequels. Overall, the movie isn't over-stuffed with movie references, like say "Epic Movie" or "Meet The Spartans," but it still has too many when it should have confined itself to just being a haunted house comedy. Several so-called jokes are stretched too long (Charlie and Lindsay's fake sex scene to the theme of "The Benny Hill Show"), are extremely over-used (excessive use of accelerated video), just don't work (Ashley's lesbian encounter) or just go nowhere (the pool cleaners in the neighborhood have a pool party). The best jokes belong to the kids who barely get any screen time. This movie is only going to appeal to bored teenagers with limited intelligence, stoners with too much time on their hands, alcoholics scared of going home and fans of parodies hoping beyond hope that something close to "Young Frankenstein" or "Airplane" might like lightening hit twice, but at this point, all we're getting is a little shock.

BAD and not in a good way

Author: (bob-rutzel-1) from United States
28 August 2013

Don and Judy Sanders (Simon Rex & Ashley Tisdale) believe their family is being terrorized by a demon and must find a way to have this stop. This the basic plot. The rest are just skits that revolve around humans and demons to basically spoof other scary movies. None are funny or even come close to being funny.

Being the brave soul I took out Scary Movie 5 (ah, but you knew it was a comedy and not scary) and found it quite unfunny and mostly annoying. . Some have said that this movie spoofs a lot of other scary movies. I wouldn't know, but if you have seen those movies, it will be up to you to decide what skits herein this movie spoofs. I could care less. But, I did learn that this was not a funny movie.

It's true that the promos led me to believe I might enjoy this one. Wrong again. And, I was sure that the Mandatory Hollywood Rule for Silly and Stupid things would play a large part. And, without fail, they did, big time throughout the entire movie.

This movie is all raunchy slap-stick and done badly by everyone. There was no one in charge of anything.

There are a lot of stars in here for cameo purposes. I found the Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan skit shown in the promo to be good. I laughed when Sheen was pulled out of bed by a demon and his jewels stopped his flight into the door. Ouch, ouch, ouch! Sorry, but that was funny. However, that scene WAS NOT in the movie. Fooled again. They used another unfunny skit to Benny Hill music.

Celebs I recognized: Snoop Dog, Heather Locklear, Jerry O'Connell and Mike Tyson and there are others whom I have no knowledge of. Other actors were made up to look like the real stars for example: Leonardo DeCaprio and the movie character: Madea. .

What you will see: adults hitting kids, fecal fights, child's hair on fire, things shoved up rectums, a lot of fighting some with fists and pots and pans, pies and fruit made with fecal matter, kids humping legs, a microwave being humped…… I just cannot go on with this.

There are outtakes after the movie and none, again, are remotely funny. You will see some mouthing language that you didn't hear during the actual movie.

There is a Narrator throughout and he sounded very much like Morgan Freeman, but it was Josh Robert Thompson instead.

To give credit to this movie for spoofing other movies would be wrong because everything was done in ultra raunchy and disgusting ways. Basically, what we have is raunchy slap-stick throughout. (1/10)

Violence: Yes. Sex: Simulated often. Nudity: No, but they came close. Lesbians: Soaping in the shower and later kissing. Language: Soft Stuff, but the outtakes had characters mouthing the other stuff.

Why ruin a great movie franchise?!

Author: steph steph from United Kingdom
30 May 2013

I can't give that great of a review of this movie for the simple fact , I have tried 5 - yes FIVE .. times too watch this movie the furthest I have got into it is 36 minutes.

Now I absolutely LOVE the other scary movies the haunted house being my favourite in particular. But with this one I just couldn't seem to get into it , my first attempt at watching it I turned it off after 5 minutes because the scene with Lindsey Lohan (Why?!) and Charlie Sheen was not remotely funny. And it kind of put me off , because in all the others the opening scene normally gives you a few cheap giggles.

Second attempt turned it off after snoop dog (or should I say snoop lion?) and his friend are talking about a baby shampoo on their genitals. (not very long after the Lohan and Sheen scene)

Third attempt (once again not long after the snoop lion scene) when Ashley tilsdale is doing a pregnancy test on her Iphone

Fourth attempt When they move into the 'test subject house'

5th and final attempt Not long into them moving into the test subject house.

In the 30 odd minutes I viewed I didn't laugh once , I remember thinking why , why ruin such a good movie franchise whyyyyyy?!

The characters had me thinking of a few questions too

Charlie Sheen - Why? Lindsay Lohan - Why? Why? Why? Dear God Why? Snoop Dog/Lion - Random , Why? Ashley Tisdale - Why? She's a Disney actress and a shocking one at that , so why give her lead role in a movie franchise as big as scary movie.

Truly appalling , save your money , and your time - you'd honestly have more fun watching paint dry. You have been warned

Mind blowingly awful...which is exactly what I expected

Author: Robert W. (Robert_duder@hotmail.com) from Ontario, Canada
2 May 2013

I suppose I am the wrong person to write this review. I hate spoof movies, I don't even particularly like comedies unless they are very specific ones or classics. I knew I'd hate Scary Movie 5. That being said I didn't hate it as much as some of the previous ones maybe because I went in knowing just how bad it was going to be. It still stuns me that ANY person with even a remote sized brain could actually enjoy crap like this. It doesn't even make sense, its not even a movie, it has no story and just one stupid slapstick moment after another. I think people have forgotten how to actually make people laugh. I mean this might be watchable as a 30 second Youtube video made by 12 year olds but as a feature length movie released to theatres...it literally makes me nauseous. This is crap that goes far beyond a bad movie. It isn't even entertaining. It just goes on and on and completely regurgitates the same tired gags that you see again and again and again in every spoof movie done in the last ten years. My only reason for not putting a fat zero on this is that the cast is decent...none of it is their fault. The movie is awful because of the script and disgusting film making.

Ashley Tisdale holds her own and tries her darndest to make sense out of utter crap. Her stupid facial expressions and having to deal with the dumbest situations ruins any chance of being even remotely funny. Simon Rex is synonymous with crappy comedies. That being said his physical comedy (something I respect a great deal) is well done even in the worst of circumstances. Erica Ash should basically be ashamed of her performance in this film. Not only just because she is terrible but because her stereotypical "black girl" performance is awful and sickening. The myriad of cameos are fun but nobody really stands out. Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan are marginally entertaining but their jokes are so incredibly stale. Katt Williams, Terry Crews, Lidio Porto, Darrell Hammond and Snoop Dogg are a few of the more main cameos in the film and all are average to terrible.

I was actually surprised that director Malcolm D. Lee wasn't a total nobody pulled out of obscurity. He actually has some well known mainstream comedies under his belt and while nothing stands out as sheer brilliance, he has certainly done better than this. But really how much better can you do garbage? The script is awful, there is no story and the spoofs are so blatant and tired that anyone who even remotely finds something amusing about this needs their head examined. This isn't entertainment, this is disgusting, boring crap. I would never sit through it again and only did this time because my wife thought she would enjoy it...she didn't and neither did I. Skip this and find something more entertaining, like watching grass grow. 2/10

This Movie Wasn't Horrible

Author: jeffrey-utley
8 July 2013

Fans liked 'Scary Movie and 'Scary Movie 2' when they came out in 2000 and 2001. After that the director was changed and in 2003 'Scary Movie 3' came out, which fans didn't like, even though it had a higher budget and bigger cast. The budget was even higher for 'Scary Movie 4', which came out 2006, which fans hated. 'Scary Movie 5' was meant to come out in October or 2008, but that never happened. Now, from the same writers of 'Scary Movie 3' and 'Scary Movie 4', comes 'Scary Movie 5', the real release date. It's not called 'Scary MoVie'. I don't know why it's called that on IMDb. Anyway, since it had a failed release date, didn't have a real one until five years after the failed one, and was from the same writers of two movies that did poorly with fans and critics, the expectations were very low for this movie... But it still had a negative 4% Rotten Tomatoes critic score, and a 57% user score, which was also negative, but almost positive. I really didn't think this movie that horrible.

This movie was stupid... It was very very stupid. There were many, many jokes in this movie, which was a bad thing. The jokes were almost all from the same humor. It was very strange humor. The humor was funny, but not hilarious. The humor also got old very quick. Since it went on so long, and didn't really change, it had a clear path to get old quickly, and it did. The jokes were also all over the place, and sometimes they would drag on too long and not be funny anymore. Sometimes there would be many things happen in a row that were too similar to be funny, even the second time. I don't dislike stupid humor, but there's a right way to do stupid humor, and they didn't pull it off very well.

Getting past that the humor was stupid and the same and all of the other faults I found in it, 'Scary Movie 5' was a funny movie. At the beginning, when the humor wasn't old yet, and some other parts in the movie, I laughed most of the time. The jokes still lingered for a while in some of the funny parts, but the beginnings of the jokes would be enjoyable. Even though the humor stayed the same in the movie, They changed what they were making fun of several times. Some of the times it matched the movies they made fun of, and sometimes it didn't. When the humor and jokes hit the movie spoofs they matched, 'Scary Movie 5' would be funny and enjoyable then. They could never pull off a very long portion of the enjoyable parts, though. It would only pick up for a few scenes, then go back to the usually unfunny parts. It switched movies several times, though, so it would always come back around. This movie had many funny parts, like in one scene I laughed and laughed and laughed. They had pulled it off right. The writers set up the right things in the movie to poke fun at and make fun of with the right humor, almost perfectly. But the jokes stayed the same, so eventually it died down.

The verdict on this movie is that it was alright. I mean that as It was not bad, but I didn't necessarily like it. I was gonna rate this movie as a 5/10, but I walked out thinking positively of it. I understand why someone wouldn't like this movie, though.