Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero, Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Edge vs Kane vs Christian vs Chris Benoit vs Shelton Benjamin vs Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton vs... See full summary »
WWE Title: Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar, World Heavyweight Title: Triple H vs. Booker T, The Rock vs. Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan vs. Vince Mcmahon, WWE Women's Title: Victoria vs. Trish ... See full summary »
WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES - Kane and Big Show (c) vs Carlito and Chris Masters. MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH - Rob Vam Dam vs Finlay vs Ric Flair vs Shelton Benjamin vs Matt Hardy vs Lashley.... See full summary »
WWF Champion The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, WWF Intercontinental Champion The Road Dogg vs. Val Venis vs. Goldust vs. Ken Shamorck, WWF European Champion Shane McMahon vs. X-Pac, WWF... See full summary »
As the nWo continues their crusade against the WWF, wrestling's past meets wrestling's future when the People's Champion, the Rock, meets Hollywood Hulk Hogan. Meanwhile, Tripe H faces the ... See full summary »
MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH - Mr Kennedy vs Finlay vs Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy vs Booker T vs Edge vs Randy Orton vs CM Punk. UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Chris Benoit vs MVP. Kane vs ... See full summary »
The sixth annual Royal Rumble battle royal, with the winner being awarded a WWF Title shot at WrestleMania IX, WWF Title: Bret Hart vs. Razor Ramon, WWF Intercontinental Title: Shawn ... See full summary »
An Eddie Guerrero tribute match between Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko was arranged for this event, but was scrapped due to Benoit needing time off to heal from injuries. See more »
[talking to Mick Foley before a match]
Listen, you don't want to mess with these idiots, because this is their night, this is like, their Christmas, only their Santa Claus is fat, Jewish, bald, and he gives out an endless supply of
[line is censored before he can finish]
See more »
I'm not a big ECW fan , personally I find the whole concept of the company over-rated and I think ECW fans are nothing but a flock of sheep who would get excited over anything remotely linked with ECW that is put it front of them. Not to mention considering its a programme viewed by mostly over 18 males, they show an incredible amount of immaturity. Anyway to the show Firstly Heyman comes out and feeds his sheep some grass, otherwise known as milking up to the ECW crowd so they cheer his name.
1. Tazz Vs. The King - 3/10, not really a match more of a segment, ends in no time with an unsurprising end.
2. Randy Orton Vs. Kurt Angle - 7/10 A very good show put on by the WWE guys, but my main issue with this match was the ECW crowd, there chants towards Orton were very child like and silly, it was like being back in the playground at school, the best they could do were a few ridiculous homophobic jokes, I thought that was pretty low but it sums up the narrow mindedness of a common day ECW mark.
3. The FBI Vs. Super Crazy - 7/10 A very good cruiser-weight match, nothing different to the stuff we see on Smackdown most weeks.
4. Rey Mysterio Vs. Sabu WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE - 8.5/10 Iv always criticised Sabu for being no more then a glorified stuntman, but hey the guy can pull of some stunts, there is an awesome spot at the end of this match, truly worth a thumbs up from me. Truly worth the 8.5/10 rating.
JBL gets on the Mic and delivers a great promo ripping on the ECW fans.
5. Edge/Foley/Lita Vs. Funk/Dreamer/Bellulah - 8/10 As good as Foley/Edge Wrestlemania if not better, incredible that 61 year old funk is willing to take bumps like that, he deserves credit. Dreamer for me did nothing as i expected, Edge/Foley carried much of this match making it great.
6. Balls Mahoney Vs. Tanaka - 5/10 Didn't really care for this match, wasn't anything special, more of a toilet break type match.
Eugene meets the Sandman aka drunk, fat, sexual predatory crack head. To see people cheer for a low life scum like the Sandman makes me sick. Another place where ECW fans lose their credibility by cheering for a total loser like him.
7. RVD Vs. John Cena WWE Championship - 8/10 Funny beginning to the match Cena throws his hat and shirt into the crowd, perhaps rather stupidly the ECW fans keep throwing it back, stupid because that shirt could be worth a penny or two, anyway Cena keeps throwing it back for a few Min's. People say crowd made this match well I don't think they made it that much because you knew what they were going to do and say to Cena and it was like been there done that. For me Cena made this match, seeing him revert to a heel role was great to see, beating up the referee, mocking the crowd, performing illegal moves albeit it was nodq match it was good to see. Cena hits RVD with a pretty impressive DDT on the steel chair and I think ECW fans in a weird way acknowledged he'd done something good, although they chanted "you still suck" after each pretty impressive Cena move, I think those chants were rather sinister. Ending was a bit surprising which added to what was a very good match.
6 of 26 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?