IMDb > "Hidden Palms" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Hidden Palms"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Hidden Palms" More at IMDbPro »

this show is amazing, give it a second season.

Author: Adam Williams from United States
24 June 2007

I really enjoy this show. I'm not to into the whole "soap-opera" thing, but this show has something about it. The whole murder/suicide story line is very captivating to me. I love the mystery factor, the Johnny and Greta relationship. Also, Leslie Jordan as Jessie Jo is a great supporting character to the kids in the show. Plus, Michael Cassidy plays a great character as Cliff Wiatt.

Very good show, please give this show another season or two. It is very good and deserves a chance to get going. Also, I think that if the CW Network wanted to get great ratings, just play a marathon during the day and let them see it from start to finish.

great show, great cast, great locations, great everything. doesn't hurt that Greta (Amber Heard) is smoking hot

Pretty darn good soap

Author: John Seger from Los Angeles
13 June 2007

Taylor Handley is cute, and a pretty good young actor. I have seen him in movies. So I gave this new series a try. He is a great lead here in a night time soap set in Palm Springs. Handley has a natural acting ability, and he should not be judged solely on his pin-up good looks.m He is actually talented.

The supporting cast is not bad either. The story lines are interesting and addictive. Without giving away spoilers, I just wanna suggest you give this new series a try. Nice looking cast. Slick production and editing. And great location shoots. I hope CW picks this excellent new show up for a 2nd season in the fall. And, Taylor Handley is pretty hot!

I Wanna Go Back to Hidden Palms

Author: Jeremy Ray
6 January 2008

Forget the WB, Hidden Palms should uproot to NBC. I'm usually not a fan of the soap opera-types either, but this show really had me on the edge of my seat & looking forward to the next episodes.

I didn't actually work on this show, but I know some of the crew/cast & the casting director, so that's how I heard of it, and honestly I watched the pilot expecting to see a good attempt at a Dawson's creek-type show. What I ended up seeing was a great ensemble, with Handley & Cassidy coming over from the OC, and Amber's oh so mysterious yet sexy performance as Greta (she's in Pineapple Express, coming out August 2008, go see it!), everyone gave it that real-life, but not real feel to it. Like it's a sort of twilight-zone community trying to be normal. Oh, and if you want to see a woman with classic beauty, watch it for the lovely femme-fatale Valerie Cruz. Valerie, I AM single and happy to take out a young cougar anytime!

And the fact that there was always something dark and sci-fi to it, but before it got to be too "out there" to be real, its revealed to be a genius plan by one of the characters... keeps you guessing what's real and what's not. I thought the writing was great, the acting was stellar, and the photography and production value was much better than I expected for a WB series.

I'm glad to say I've helped bring back Family Guy, and I think if everyone who loves this show speaks out, we can resurrect Hidden Palms and it's haunting plot can continue.

-Jeremy

What's the big secret? Find out for yourself

Author: jdk2006 from United States
14 June 2011

You have the new kid in the city, Johnny who falls for the girl thats sure to bring nothing but trouble,Greta, and a next door neighbor that is manipulative. The first half of the first episode is hard to get through because your convinced that its an OC gone wrong.

After getting through the base story you begin to see the twists and turns including a suicide that might not be a suicide, an event that binds the Greta and Cliff into secrecy, and somehow the one that was killed in sending Johnny instant messages. Is he really dead? Is someone playing tricks on him? Or is there a lot more to the story that you need to see for yourself?

It's available on netflix streaming and it's sure to draw you in. So if you have nothing else to watch you might as well check it out. It's a mystery how this show never made it through the first season.

This show didn't get enough exposure so no one knew about it which led to it's demise but it has secrets that just get deeper and deeper. As more and more members of the community get involved you'll find it hard to stop watching. Your not only going to want to watch this show but you will want to join efforts to get it back on the air to see what happens next.

The magnificent Amber Heard is amazing. She's seductive, spontaneous, and makes the whole show worth watching.

Hidden Palms

Author: DreamsDoHappen21 from United States
27 May 2008

Hi. I am an Adult with kids. I would like to comment on Hidden Palms. We LOVED the show, and have been looking forward to seeing it AGAIN. This time HOPEFULLY ALL Summer!!! My kids and I could not wait until the next show. I agree with other comments that were said, the show is as Great as One Tree Hill, and Dawsons Creek, and GREAT shows that once were or STILL are around. PLease give Hidden Palms another shot. We need good SUMMER shows. I really hope that Hidden Palms does come back out. We will be looking and listening for the details of this show. This time though, I HOPE it is for the ENTIRE SUMMER, NOT just 8 shows. This show is even as good as Greys Anatomy!!!! It left you hanging by the seat of your pants!!!!

Great SHOW!

Author: linusfalemo from Sweden
18 July 2007

Great show! It's like OC and One Tree Hill, if not even better? Can't understand why there is not 5 votes? The show is to good to end after one season i want 1 more season more At least!! If you haven't seen it, do that! I dunno why the show haven't more fans than 5? or am i wrong? You can at least give it a vote! This show is more thriller than OC and One Tree Hill... it could make you bite on the nails and eat popcorn while you watching it :). What more to say? I think this show is to good to not be more well-known, it's just sad :/ I hope of all my heart that the show will continue!

greetings/ Linus