IMDb > Who's Your Caddy? (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Who's Your Caddy?

Who's Your Caddy? More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

I hope it gets buried in the middle of nowhere

Author: chaosweaver144 from United States
23 July 2007

This is Norbit, Soul Plane, and The Cookout in a bucket, thrown up on. There is no reason to make such a movie. It will win no awards and it's only purpose is to fill the 7 dollar DVD bin at Wal-Mart. Why not do something productive, like making good movies? I wonder when it will stop. I hope someday that the culture it represents will die out. Bring a bunch of black actors together with some musicians, embarrass them with demeaning dialog, and throw in some white actors to look awkward and poke fun at. It's a routine that needs to go away as soon as possible. There's no creativity, and some people will actually bother to complain that racism is the reason that it isn't award winning. OH NOES, GUESS IT WAS RACISM!

A shameful rip-off of Caddyshack.

Author: Juganawt from United Kingdom
21 July 2007

Cast your mind back to 1980, with a movie called Caddyshack. You might possibly have heard of this movie, as it's one of the best comedies of all time, backed with a stellar lineup (at the time) of top notch comedy actors.

Now, 27 years later, we're seeing the movie again in the guise of Who's Your Caddy, Only this time, there are a few changes. White guys are replaced with black guys, and rap culture is fused into the plot, but aside from that it's a carbon copy. Even some of the jokes are lifted directly from the original.

Absolute garbage. There is NO effort whatsoever to make Who's Your Caddy unique enough (or funny enough) to step away from Caddyshack's shadow. What was once fresh and unique, has become standard and staid, and as Who's Your Caddy copied a 27 year old movie wholesale, making the jokes so obvious you already know the punchline while the directors are in the setup.

Who's Your Caddy has absolutely nothing recommendable in it's reels, even if you haven't seen the original.

If you want to watch a funny golf movie, Watch Caddyshack, or if you're desperate, Caddyshack II. If you've seen them both before, then just fondly re-watch them, as your memories will be forever tainted if you what this shameful, shallow, remake.

Whos your caddy in my opinion ....

Author: themitko from United States
5 August 2007

Guys I saw the movie and I just didn't like it, it didn't have anything to do with the racism or the bad acting I just didn't like it, reason being is that the jokes were old and I already knew them all, nothing new was thrown in there that could make me laugh even once, it felt more awkward and embarrassing instead of funny. Instead of creating an original comedy that will forever be etched in peoples minds the makers of this movie copied other movies and threw their jokes in a big mix. Thats what I thought of it, this review is solely based on the funny factor of the movie which didn't make me laugh once and a comedy that doesn't make me laugh once can't get a good rating from me, thats all it is.

There Were No Jokes

Author: Bob Bobson from United States
13 September 2007

I saw this movie in theaters on its opening night because I thought the trailer made it look funny. When I sat down right before the previews started I thought about it and I had only seen the trailer for this movie twice. And no other marketing besides that; I now know why. The town I went to see this movie has a large African-American population so I thought it would be a treat and it would be a movie the audience would get behind and enjoy together. There were never more than six people in the theater at a time. Aside from my two friends and I a trio of black girls were there and left about 10 minutes into the movie, only to be replaced by a guy and his two kids, who I assume were his stepchildren that he hated because he had taken them to see this movie. To start off there were no jokes. The "jokes" were mostly Big Boi saying something, nothing special, like "My daddy used to golf." Then Faizon love(who I loved as Big Worm in Friday) would just repeat what he said in a higher voice and add the n-word. The editing made no sense and was choppy. Dialouge vital to the "plot" would be happening and in between the sentences there would be a cut of Faizon Love just dancing or something. To summarize buy this movie at the 3.99 Walmart bin if a friend you haven't seen in years invites you to his birthday party or something.

It burned my eyes

Author: Peeni_Sweenis from United States
16 December 2007

yet again i wish IMDb had a 0/10 ranking. my little brother made the mistake of renting this title from a red-box using a promo code. i was upset realizing that although the rental was free, the amount of energy i spent walking with him to the store to rent it was about as much that was put into this movie. It was horrendous. This, along with epic movie, murder-cycle, and the ghoul school, are some of the only movies that actually made my eyes hurt. While the stupid humor (or lack there of) managed to keep our golden retrieve entertained, my brother (who enjoyed from Justin to Kelly) and i would have no part of it, turning it off before the ending, which i had no desire in seeing. i regret seeing this movie and feel empty realizing that watching this probably did more damage to my body than my smoking habit.

Worse than awful.

Author: kthoran from United States
18 November 2007

This movie is one of a kind and even that is too big of a compliment for this seriously lackluster movie. It tries to be funny and thoughtful and ends up being incredibly and offensively stupid, racist, and trite.

The comedy consistently misses the mark by a huge margin. This movie was intended to be a comedy although it's shockingly unfunny despite an almost foolproof set of comic circumstances and actors.

Was it supposed to be a black Caddyshack or was it supposed to be a story of achievement? The movie's underlying message ends up being a thinly-veiled message of unfocused racist hate directed at white people which is actually not funny at all.

Watching this film was an hour and a half of my life wasted. If you are considering watching or renting this movie please do yourself a favor and don't. Absolutely no redeeming value, even in it's terribleness. Consider yourself warned.

A triple bogey

Author: wafflecopter-1 from United States
16 May 2008

My mother and my brother told me this film was funny. I have considered leaving my home because of their taste in movies. This movie is absolutely terrible. Well, I take that back. I believe there was a moment when I cracked a smile at a joke. But the jokes were almost all targeted towards a braindead audience with no sense of humor, whatsoever. The accusations of racism got old, and it was just a painful ride all-around. If anything more terrible than this film has been created by man, I would love to see it. My grades in school actually plummeted after seeing this film, from the loss of brain cells.

It's just not good.

Author: ioscream-1 from United States
5 August 2007

While it doesn't deserve the top of the bottom 100, it was in fact, a bad movie. I saw this movie for the soul reason of saying I saw it, and it wasn't as bad as people were trying to make it, but it really was lackluster at it's peak. Despite any racist claims, and all the controversy over this movie, it has a weak plot, terrible jokes, and was a waste of money.

As far as it being racist, well, I wasn't offended, but both whites AND blacks could easily be offended because it plays into huge stereo-types of both races. At times I could hear "We will overcome" intertwined within the plot-line, and agreeable with several other comments on this movie, it was just unnecessary. To those who say this movie isn't a "white/black thing", watch the movie again: ".. this is not about who's at infractions. No no no. This here is about black and white..." - Rev. J.J.Jackson played by Garrett Morris.

I'm a fan of stupid humor, actually, I love movies like Borat, Hot Fuzz, Friday, Caddy Shack, et cetera, but this movie is just an insult to comedy. I didn't even mind the racial undertones, but give me a break, this movie was REALLY about a quick buck. That is all, and for that I give it my 9 dollars, and a rating of 3.. still not the worst movie I've seen.. it's just not good.

Wow, what crap

Author: e_barker from United States
5 September 2007

I hope that the people of the world are tired of racist movies that serve no purpose whatsoever. This movie insults black people and actually makes white people look good ( I never thought I'd be saying that). But it does, it makes everyone think that all black people are mentally unable to handle even basic tasks. So it gets a 1 for being racists towards blacks. As far as the plot, if this was pre 1985 when the supreme court ruled that golf courses must be open to anyone who can afford them, it hasn't been an issue. So to assume that there is a golf course out there in a fantasy world where black people are not allowed in is the most ridiculous thing I can think off. The sad part is there were a couple of good actors in this movie, but when you are working with crap you can't fix it no matter who you put in the movie.

A childish, annoying film that claims to be a comedy

Author: Gordon-11 from Earth
23 April 2008

This film is about a young black golfer trying to win his fame in a white golf club for the sake of his family name.

I watched "Who's Your Caddy?" to see how bad it is. And it exceeded all my expectations. The plot is contrived and unconvincing, and it makes Christopher's climb to the top look more like a spoiled kid refusing to lose. And that constant ranting by Lady G is so annoying that I wish somehow her character suddenly dropped dead from a heart attack. Take a look at one of her scenes: Christopher is awarded with membership of the club, and she spent at least 30 seconds making silly incomprehensible noises. It is seriously annoying, childish and not fun. I cannot comprehend why the filmmakers think viewers would be entertained by this, as if we were 5 year old children.

The underlying message about a man of humble origin making his way to the top is positive, but the constant class struggle is tiring to say the least. The class struggle is done in such a silly and contrived, making no room for sympathy or thought provocation.

I lost all interest in continuing the film half way through, but I watched it anyway. And it did not get any better.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]