IMDb > Reflections of a Life (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Reflections of a Life More at IMDbPro »

An in-depth look inside of life's mystery.

Author: vonkritlow (vonkritlow@hotmail.com)
13 May 2006

This writer has caught a series of moments that bring an audience into the soul of a person, the pain that can cause doubt and the temptation...not to fight.

As a director, she has chosen to take an unusual approach to present this unraveling of human frailties in a setting that is very personal to us all. We move in and out of our daily routines sometimes unaware that we could endure a lifetime in these same surroundings.

We may not find our lives as dark, as with this woman's pain. But we all have our pictures on our counters and shelves with "Reflections" of our lives.

A Must See

Author: bo-143 from United States
12 May 2006

This is a very touching experience for the viewer -- I highly recommend it. I've seen it several times now and I still get something new each time I see it ... which, for me, means its destined to become a classic. And that's saying a lot for a short film, what I would call a "chick flick" and this, coming from a 29-year-old guy. The makeup is a little too real -- I mean you almost believe that the lead actress has had surgery or shaved her head. When I found out that she had done neither I was really surprised. And I was also surprised to see Fred Lane in this project because I always think of him as a "tough guy" whereas here he plays a romantic lead. You could almost picture him on "Desperate Housewives" after seeing this.

A touching glimpse into a woman's private life

Author: MarLee1114
10 April 2006

This is a touching story about the effects of breast cancer, not only on the patient, but on her loved ones. The film draws the viewer into the private world and roller-coaster emotions of one woman, as she confronts herself, her joys, and her sorrows in her bathroom mirror. Other people may come and go, but ultimately she must (as we all must) rely on her own strength. We are shown that life goes on and, even amid sorrow, some happiness can be found. The film has a strong cast. It is well-written, and is accompanied by a particularly beautiful original musical score. One word of advice to the viewer: Have a box (or two) of tissues handy. You'll need them.

Must see

Author: ForRaFun from United States
20 September 2006

I think this is a film for all adults to see. With one in nine women getting breast cancer, I believe the film teaches a lot about dignity and caring for one another in sickness. It's a must for anyone who has a loved one going through breast cancer. There's some very subtle do and don'ts that this film teaches about respecting the wishes of the sick.

The music was appropriate and not too sappy. Well shot, well written, well thought out. Excellent acting. The make up was incredible. surprising to find out that that it was makeup and that the lead actress is not a cancer survivor herself. (Thank God.) Get the Kleenex; watch a great film.

A Beautiful Film

Author: hollywood-gal-1 from United States
13 December 2006

What a beautiful film. It is elegant and simple and yet so powerful. It makes you laugh and cry and think about life and all in just a short 30 minutes. How does she do that? I watch a lot of films and never have I seen a film with so much depth ... that says so much by really having the characters say so little. It really is a reflection of this woman's life in all her beauty and her flaws and by the end of the film we come to love her and feel for her -- I mean I really felt like this woman was my best friend and before the movie started I'd never met her. And kudo's to Linda Gray for a lovely and understated performance as the best friend and Fred Lane for a really nuanced performance as the lover. But my hat's off to Ms. Carey for writing, directing and creating this incredibly real character.