IMDb > "South Park" The Return of Chef (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"South Park" The Return of Chef (2006)

« Prev | 141 of 281 Episodes | Next »

Author: RainDogJr from Mexico City
6 December 2008

I could get the DVD set of Season 10 and I didn't missed the chance; here is the opening episode, a very clever one, more for the "war" against Scientology, of course about Isaac Hayes and in the end a great and really hilarious episode. I think that if somebody watches this episode without knowing a thing about the South Park-Scientology-Isaac Hayes case it is still a hilarious episode, like Trey and Matt says on the DVD commentary still it makes sense since here we see that Chef joined the Super Adventure Club and when he returned to South Park after his experience with that sick club he is acting in a very strange way and also he only talks about having sex with the children, simply Chef was brainwashed. So pretty much all does make sense but if you know the stuff about the South Park-Scientology-Isaac Hayes case you will appreciate a lot more this episode and actually there is not a lot to know just that the fantastic South Park episode "Trapped in the Closet" satirized Scientology, Isaac Hayes voiced the character Chef but he was a Scientologist and he quick the show because of "Trapped in the Closet". So without Hayes they edited old audio and the result is simply hilarious, certainly this is not our Chef and the boys will try to get him back but the Super Adventure Club want their new f****** child molester, after all they brainwashed Chef to make him think that molesting children all around the world is fine, yes the Super Adventure Club is not at all like the Adventure Club since they don't go around the world seeking for adventure, they only have sex with children be immortals (the founder of the club was immortal until he died!). At one point Chef was together with the boys, they could escape but Chef leaved South Park for a reason, Chef dies, a very crazy and brutal scene but also very funny thanks to Cartman. The conclusion is terrific with the speech of Kyle at Chef's funeral, "we shouldn't be mad at Chef for leaving us, we should be mad at that fruity little club for scrambling his brains". Plus the very last scene is also fantastic, Chef changed the meaning of the chocolate salty balls "no, I mean my balls". 9.5 out of 10

The end of Chef :(

Author: gangstahippie from Canada(Montreal, Quebec)
24 September 2008

Chef was a great character in South Park.Always helping the children with their problems.After the "Trapped In the Closet" scientology episode, Issac Hayes(the man who plays Chef and who is a scientologist), quit South Park.So this is basically the final episode to feature Chef but Issac's voice wasn't used.I think it was actually sound bytes of his previous voices.This is one of the sadder episodes in the series.Chef returns from the super adventure club and becomes a pedophile.He has been brainwashed by this super adventure club, a club which goes around the world molesting kids.So they now must help him like having sex with women again.Chef starts to turn back to his normal self but the club then kidnaps him and brainwashes him again.The boys try to save him but realize Chef wants to stay with the super adventure club.Suddenly, the bridge breaks and Chef falls off getting murdered in a very horrific way.The Return Of Chef is a great episode and marks the final appearance of Chef.