IMDb > Re-Animated (2006) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Re-Animated (TV) More at IMDbPro »

utter crap

Author: thomaswords from Downtown, United States
13 January 2007

This is a real dark day for the old Cartoon Network. Not only do they begin to make non-animated fare for their sinking ship of a network, but it's terrible animated fare aimed at the lowest common denominator audience of shut ins and agoraphobic, obese pre-teens. Everything in this movie is so "turned up to 11" that nothing makes an impression.

One thing that did stand out was the terrible soundtrack. The music that accompanies scene changes is exactly like the music that follows the kids around on every Disney and Nick show. It's obvious that the CN is trying to catch up to them and make their own terrible garbage packages for kids.

They're the new Fox network. They cancel anything with a hope of being successful, and they greenlight stuff like this. Alternately, the Adult Swim line up apparently greenlights anything that blows in the door. It's obvious that they don't know what works in the post Aqua Teen tastescape, and they're content to flail around looking for it for as long as they need.

Hard to tell what's worse: Plot or Acting

Author: (myqueopath) from United States
13 January 2007

Painfully atrocious. Reminiscent of a middle school play with flash animations. I stopped watching the first time. But I was profoundly conflicted. I really wanted to see the animated characters but I couldn't endure the unbearably awkward line deliveries.

What I feel is the worst part, you have Cartoon Network plugging the movie like it's the best thing since Roger Rabbit but they don't put the money and time necessary to make the film halfway watchable. This coming from a channel that claims to be the best place for cartoons. In all, the film is a serious let down and contrary to the expectations one would have of of major, multi-million dollar network devoted to animation.

I would, however, like to see more of just Golly and the gang. The film was a horrible misuse of the talented voice cast. I can't believe that was Ellen Greene. The animation was decent for CN's standards but more fitting for a fully animated setting rather than haphazardly layered on top of a real world setting. The plot doomed the movie from the beginning but the characters were affable enough to merit some more development, in a more suitable setting.

Severely Retarded and Unentertaining

Author: matrix29 from Michigan, USA
20 December 2006

The short info on the movie is that it has an adopted alien sister (whom is about the only sane character in the movie), a boring kid star, a mentally feeble father figure, an utterly clueless astronaut mother, and a girlfriend who provides exposition (explanation dialog).

The summary of the plot (this movie is agonizingly bad to watch) involves the pot-fueled writers (whom wouldn't know a decent joke if it was jumping upon their windpipes) who decided that a young boy getting a "brain transplant" (while still retaining his entire memories, personality, and intelligence) would somehow magically get the ability to see the animated memories of the original owner of the brain. As you can understand, much like any person whom has the intellect greater than a goldfish, this plot is SEVERELY RETARDED.

At any rate, the child of the former animation studio is now grown, and the unentertaining character of Sonny just hams up his every appearance in his attempts to kill off the even more boring "brain transplant" boy. The whole thing just drags on like getting a tooth drilled at the dentist. GAH! Even 60 minutes of this is AGONIZING. The alien adopted sister is about the only worthwhile character of the whole movie. I am really wishing all of the characters, aside from the alien sister, die painfully.

The director of this movie is utterly incompetent as there is nothing compelling to continue watching it. The editor of the movie has no idea what is going on as the pacing of the "action" and "comedy" are not timed out at all to any emotional effect. The musical bits which are supposed to score out the emotional moments, the dramatic bits, the depressing scenes, and the comedy just appears to be randomly thrown in for no effect at all. The actors (not including the alien sister) seem to be putting no serious effort in reacting to the antics of Sonny (whom is putting some energy into his scenes, but lacking proper musical scoring has no emotional impact to the viewer and thusly results in a boring waste of movement). The photography is well lit and the camera-work is competent. The audio is clean for the most part, but edited utterly worthlessly.

If I were running the studio that slapped this bit of trash together, I'd fire the film editor, not rehire the non-reactive actors, slap the unfunny writers a few times then fire the unfunny writers, and fire the audio editor (if that is the person responsible for not knowing when to score in the emotional musical bits properly and using way too much noisy "dead air noise" to fill in the blank dialog spots). The audio has a the constant sound of a fan running in the background whenever the audio drops to a quiet spot. The only saving grace of this movie is not having the disturbing JonBenet Ramsey clone of Dakota Fanning (shivers at the thought of that creepy little girl) in it. So if you want to torture your children, buy this movie on DVD. Only the most rotten of children deserve to endure a horrible boring movie like this.

Nnnnnn...

Author: shadowguy12 from United States
22 December 2008

Oh my God... This movie is the worst.@_@ I remember it two years ago, 2006, and how I watched it twice because they were doing some prize money giveaway and I wanted the damn cash! But when I called nothing happened. It just sent me to some weird machine thing that had nothing to do with this Re-Animated thing. So that whole prize money thing was probably just a hoax.:\

Well, I thought the film was VERY awkward throughout. I tried to get around the whole so-unrealistic-to-the-point-of-being-retarded thing, but I really couldn't. It's not even absurd stuff. It's just effing stupid.

Acting: Ass.

Writing: Ass.

Dramatic Moments: Wtf?

Music: Didn't hear any to be honest. I can't say.

Everything Else: No.

They made this into a TV show and replaced the Asian kid and his sister with some African kid and his sister. I guess the Asian got beat up in school after being in this garbage and didn't feel like sticking around.

I'm not feeling much like writing. Blahblahblah... But I'll tell you that I strongly recommend flaying anyone remotely involved with this movie.:\

What the **** were they thinking? Just name it Re-Tarded instead!

Author: Phykyloman from Sweden
4 April 2009

When you were a kid, you'd just don't knew that much, and then you growing up you know more and more... and this show takes you back to the the 3-year old kid again. Well you don't know anything about this show, or film. Because you don't want to know anything about it, but it's so laughably abysmal you just can't stop watching it.

Story: The most films needs to have a story to follow, well this one is non-existent. The story is about the most idiotic kid ever existed, he is on the amusement park called "Golly World" (rips of Disney World), were he accidental be HIT BY A TRAIN??? YEA!!! and he's taken to the hospital where he needs a brain-transplant to survive. The brain is taken from the person Milt Appleday(weird), who created the most Disney like characters ever, and yes created "Golly World". These characters are the VERY annoying, also the absolutely lame jokes that always pop up are very annoying.

Characters: As I said above, these characters are annoying, idiotic and rips-off next to every character in the cartoon history(as well mostly Disney characters). Well Jimmy is a pathetic character and as Dominic Janes acting extremely bad. And he's wannabe cool I am the most freaking' awesome brat ego friend Craig is a big joke. Jimmy's father is the school-rector, I think he have trade brain with Jimmy, because he's the dumbest actor and character I've ever seen. Jimmy's mother is an astronaut??? On a mission she found a MARTIAN??? Where later be Jimmy's sister??? And well the villain is Sonny Appleday (the son of Milt Appleday), and the awkward part is that HE LIVES IN THE SAME ******* HOUSE! And trying to steal the brain so he can see these disturbing cartoons by himself???

Animation: Please, this is one of the shows lamest points, the animation is clumsy and blends with the live-action scenes. As no disappointment the animation and badly wannabe good animation is a diggy joke.

Overall: Well after writing every little letter, I hope you have my attention. Please stay far away from both the series and this movie. Please "Out of Jimmy's head" get out of our heads!

Two things: Very. Bad!!!

Author: Copper20
5 August 2007

This movie was horrible! I did not enjoy the voices at all! They ripped off Mickey and Bugs Bunny and all of those characters we enjoyed when we were younger. First of all, the movie was boring with no violence and stupid anvils. Listen, anvils were better used when we were younger. Today, they're not funny for this movie. Second, the movie seemed to last forever and was screwed up at the end. Third, the kid, a star? Why a star? He isn't a star! He's a jerk! He has no life and does not feel funny! The music was horrific and was very uncomfortable for watching. I can't stand the music because the musicians were terrible. I don't know what the heck they were thinking, but they better do better with the show or I won't be watching the channel any longer. Now don't waste 2 hours of your life with this junk!

This is the single worst thing Cartoon Network has ever made

Author: David Brailsford from United States
22 January 2016

Not going to do a full review of this movie but going to cover the basics of why this movie is horrible. One this was around the time CN was experimenting with adding live programming to the mix... this movie was a prime example of why this was bad... movie like batman are forgivable cause batman has a cartoon counterpart... this movie strives to be in the tradition of cartoon live action hybrids... but felt more like an attempt to create a satire of the concept of humor. The plot is ludicrous, boy get hit by a train needs brain surgery has pseudo-Walt Disney's brain put in his head and starts seeing things. Not ghosts like the kid in the 6th sense, but toons, not funny ones either... but barely funny dollar store mascot looking toons. Of course then the movie continues going on trying to make a story with things like a green girl, bad guys trying to get the brain back and boring to the point of absurdity action scenes... the movie feels like CN was trying to force it down viewers throats not really giving any place to offer feedback at the time... probably because they had out of jimmy's head planned... after this the Gary Coleman show and its TV movie feel like masterpieces.

Thought it was OK when I was a little kid. But now...

Author: vsimon115 from California
9 December 2014

I see now that it's really bad.

This movie (along with its TV spin-off) was a foreshadowing of Cartoon Network's demise. The network really jumped the shark here with this piece of sh*t!

If I had a few words to describe this movie, it had to be stupid, awkward, and immature.

Acting: Middle school play level bad.

Writing: Awkward and clumsily unstable. (I've seen Michael Bay movies with more decent writing!)

Animation: It's basically like a middle schooler's Adobe Flash animation project

Soundtrack: Lame.

And don't get me started with the characters. The only sane people had to be Jimmy and his "sister" Yancy. (She's a f**king alien. Because that's normal, right?)

Jimmy's dad is an hyperactive man-child, Craig is an unlikable and annoying jerk ass that tries to hard in trying to fit in with the popular kids, Robin may be bland at first, but she gets kinda creepy when her obsession with the cartoons is revealed, Sonny is a failure of a villain, the popular kids were unlikeable in a way, but I really didn't care about them anyway, and the cartoon characters were just blatant ripoffs of Disney.

Bottom line, unless if you want to give yourself a lowered IQ, stay away from this movie.

My god....

Author: Tronman73 from The place
15 March 2009

Cartoon Network is dead. They were a quality cartoon channel when I was younger, often one I preferred watching. But this...this really cut the nuts off my childhood. It's about a kid who's a big pushover, unpopular, and not a jock in a middle school who's secretly in love with this girl who doesn't notice him at all. So, aside from the the cliché's, this is the same freaking setup as the other past 100 cartoons. So he goes to Gollyworld, some sort of Disney parody, and gets hit by a train, and thus he has to get a brain transplant. Y'know, if someone were to get hit by a train, they'd be dead. So he has his brain replaced with some sort of Walt Disney-esquire man, but manages to keep his personality gland to cover up a plot hole (very poorly). Now, I think free will is in the frontal lobe and personality is in the brain stem. I know, "Why so serious, it's a cartoon-like show?". Well if thats the way they made it, then it should have been a freaking cartoon! Anyway, when he wakes up and realizes that he can see cartoons that drive him crazy the entire movie. Now, back to the logic, when he wakes up, he remembers his parents. In the brain, neurons control memory, so if his lost his brain but kept his "personality gland" that means he can't remember anything.

Now, I won't go into this to much, but the only good part is when Jimmy turns into a cartoon to rescue his girlfriend. The animation was solid, but it only lasted for 20 seconds. But, beyond that, the acting was atrocious, the characters were under developed, and the film was trying to hard to be funny, and failing at it. Don't see this. You will be happy you didn't.

Terrible

Author: Yoshi6666 from United States
26 January 2007

Though I have the program they edited this movie on, this movie was absolutely terrible. The acting was clueless, I didn't even know when they were making a joke or when they were really acting. The director seriously needs to wake up and see what was happening. I mean, the family was odd, and the whole plot was just a waste of two hours. If you want to watch some good movies, watch HBO. Dominic Janes did a pretty swell job at some points, but the rest of the cast I can't even describe. I mean, who in the world would be in the hospital in a costume and preparing surgery on a boy. The effect of how Dominic flew in the air when the train hit him was clearly fake, even with the lines not there.

Thus, do not watch this film they say on Cartoon Network as the best movie ever. The cast will quite disappoint you.