IMDb > "Lincoln Heights" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Lincoln Heights" More at IMDbPro »

2 thumbs up!

Author: Hyden from United States
24 February 2007

I must say this has got to be one of my favorite shows! I think they are doing a very good job with each show's concept! They picked the perfect actors and actresses to play these roles, and they are so good at it! I adore every single character on here. Each character has their own conflicts that are very interesting! From the Dad encountering multiple problems as a cop, to the Mom working with different patients and helping the out, or from Cassie and Charles developing relationship to the problems with Cassie's experiences with the outside world. Or from Lizzie's best friend problem to Tay's standing up for himself problem. I mean, it's just so very enticing! I applaud the people who made this show!!! There's not one day I don't look forward to seeing the next episode! I love that it appeals to a wide variety of age range audiences! Seems like anyone can relate to it! I have to give this 2 thumbs up!

Reality hits home on ABC

Author: lilnessaslove from United States
20 March 2007

Today's reality show couldn't even come close to the state of an average family as this show does. Believable on all levels. Love, dedication, triumph; this show leaves you caressing a new emotion every episode. The plots have intensified and the characters do the roles supreme justice.

Eddie is a cop who has moved his family into an inner city neighborhood he once left behind for it's crime and heartbreaking memories. Even with the weight of his decisions against him, he finds strength in his wife and children. All of whom are a representation of what America yearns for in family.

I love it:)

Author: Godsgurlalways from United States
12 February 2007

I love Lincoln Heights :)

I am always happy when it comes close to the day of seeing it.It's very exciting and one of the best shows I have seen in a long time;) I love to also watch the previews to see what is going to happen on the next series, it wants to make me want to see it even more. This is a show that I would recommend to everyone who likes good shows. It also has lessons within in like how you should trust your parents in what decision they make because most of the time it's for your own good and to keep you out of Trouble and all:) I rate this 110% it's beyond excellent and would like to see to keep going

Godslilgurlalways

Lincoln Heights is Fantastic!

Author: chemekaj18 from United States
11 October 2008

I just started watching Lincoln Heights recently. I'd heard about the show before, but never watched. I'm so glad I decided to give it a shot. I caught up on the past seasons' episodes as the new one began, and honestly, I have been hooked from the first episode. This show has great character and story development. I enjoy seeing the family members' relationships with one another, with friends, and their interaction with the world around them. In short, this is a positive show, with a positive message, and a positive vibe. Love reigns supreme in the Sutton family, and they face life's tragedies and triumphs together. Watching them gives me a warm & comfy feeling inside...it's like going home : )

I love Lincoln Heights!

Author: (concrete08) from United States
20 October 2008

I have to say that I love Lincoln Heights . I've been following it ever since Season one.It's a great show for the whole family.A modern version of The Cosby show family/new york under cover combined together sort of thing.I don't know what was being thought about when this was being put together because it is well put together.I hope that this last a long time.We need a show like this that brings up the ups and downs of life.It has a lot of episodes that any family can relate to. Comes to show you that life is not crystal ball. The Suttons really try their best to keep their family together. Show also teaches people that everyone is human no matter what mistakes they've made in life. With all being said and done in this show,I hope the character list grows and the show ends up being even more successful than it is now. I will be watching Lincoln heights this week as always...I try not to miss a minute of it because not a minute of this show is dull.I'd just like to say thank you to those who created it.

Too Mature for ABC Family

Author: moviedude19 from Chicago
2 January 2014

As usual, ABC Family overstepped the boundaries of what their channel could and couldn't produce. Season One was actually pretty decent, with each subsequent season becoming more and more trite and corny.

Season One introduced us to an interesting family dynamic, and Russell Hornsby really brought great acting as Eddie Sutton, a cop who moves his family into a bad neighborhood and the impact it has on both sides.

Sadly, the whole show goes downhill after the kidnapping episode. It goes from a gritty crime drama to a soap opera about Cassie and Charles. I chalk this up to ABC Family having to have corny romance in all of their shows to appease the predominant preteen/teen female demographic.

What I feel ABC Family has shown us is that when they try, they can produce dynamic shows with interesting plots. Unfortunately these types of shows are lost on the demographic they appeal to, so they resort to

I give the first season a 7/10. The rest of the seasons aren't watchable (especially the phoned in fourth one). Coincidentally, the only season available on DVD is Season One.

Simply put? Great show!

Author: michalgill from Ostrava, Czech Republic
27 September 2013

Well, all the previous reviews are a lot older than this mine because they're all written by Americans after seeing it on TV during its first (and I believe last) run. It's sad it never got out of States (as far as I know) because I really am enjoying it when seeing for the first time only now when it's off air for quite a few years. It was very (and I mean very) hard to get my hands on it, since only season one is being sold on DVD's, but if you're from a country untouched by most of the classical American production as Czech Republic is, you'll always find a way. Now to the show - from the first episode I was hooked and always wonder how on the end of every episode creators found their way to make a happy end, they certainly don't know what a cliffhanger is. But I'd say for a family show Lincoln Heights is this is exactly the quality that makes it the only rose between the thorns. It's refreshing after all those shows that end only once when you finish the last episode of last season. Concerning casting and the way it's been directed - I'm quite satisfied. I usually don't like shows without at least little portion of sci-fi or something special to make it different from other shows we here like to call "Deutsche Krimis" (German criminal series) for they usually have nothing of the kind, are almost all about daily life of ordinary people etc. and somehow manage to look all alike, a lot alike! I don't know what makes Lincoln Heights so special, but if I like it in it's simplicity, honesty and rough description of what life in the LA suburbs looks like, then I'm sure many would like it too, if it got on air again or if they manage to get it on the internet.

Love this show!

Author: robi-crl from Copenhagen, Denmark
25 August 2014

I love this show. I don't know what took me so long to watch it. The parents are awesome, the mom reminds me a lot of my mom, though my mom had a much worse temper. The two sisters are adorable, and the brother is a genuine believable little brother (I have two younger brothers, so I'd know). i love that the girl -can't remember her name because I'm terrible with names, plays basketball. We need to have more shows with active teenage girls. The teenage viewers need to know that it's cool to play sports as a girl. Cheerleading is not the only 'sport' out there for pretty girls. Playing basketball shouldn't automatically mean that the girl is a tomboy.

Annoying!!!!

Author: Brandy Nicole
17 May 2014

This show started off really good, but by season 4 I was very, very annoyed by ALL of the characters. If it wasn't for Netflix I would have abandoned this show in season 2. The kids are very hard headed and always getting into trouble because they don't listen. The parents are to trusting beyond reason. They let everybody and their mother stay at their house....literally. Who does that?! And I'm not going even get started on Cassie and Charles....annoying!!!! I see why it didn't get renewed. This show is ridiculous!

I only gave it a 7 because I did actually watch all 4 seasons, I feel as if I'm being generous!

Woman who plays Mom is miscast

Author: stefaniodaniel from United States
24 September 2009

The show is great but I find the woman who plays the Mom not suitable. The kids do not look like they belong to her especially the daughters. I think its bad casting. The son, the dad and the mom but not the girls. And the mom does not belong at all - sorry but Mom and the daughters don't match. I think casting made a huge mistake.

The dad's x girlfriend would make a better match for the role of the Mom. I truly feel when casting a family group, people should come as close to look like each other. Picking cast members and making them a family - and not considering how they look comes across as unreal to me. Sorry, but the Mom does not match at all. Either try to come a close as possible to make all cast in the family look as close as possible to look somewhat similar or eliminate the two daughters.