Man of Steel (2013)
- a school photo of Jonathan and Clark Kent shows that Clark went to Weisinger Primary School. This refers to DC Comics writer/editor Mort Weisinger, who created the Kryptonian solar empathy (yellow sun strength and red sun weakness).
- when Clark is being bullied, it's in the vicinity of "Sullivan Truck and Tractor Repair." Chloe Sullivan was Clark's sidekick, an original character created for Smallville (2001).
- the Smallville barbershop is named "Otto's Barber Styling". Otto refers to DC Comics writer Otto Binder, who created Supergirl, Krypto, Brainiac, the Phantom Zone and Jimmy Olsen's signal watch.
- during the Smallville fight, the residents take shelter in the post office, known as Ezra's Mail Depot. According to Smallville (2001), the hometown was founded by Ezra Small.
- when Zod uses his heat vision for the first time, there is a small sign that says "Keep Calm and Call Batman" on the wall behind Superman.
- when Zod hurls the tanker truck, there is a smiley face behind Superman. A smiley face was the motif for the "Watchmen" comic, which Zack Snyder had previously adapted.
- when Superman and Zod charge each other at the skyscraper, a sign for "Blaze Comics" can be spotted. This was a fictional publishing company that the DC Comics hero Booster Gold hired to tell his tales.
- as Superman flies after Zod, a sign for "S.T.A.R. Labs" is spotted. Scientific and Technoligical Advanced Research Laboratories is a research facility that debuted in a 1971 Superman comic.
- continuing the flight, there is a sign for "Utopia Casinos" and "WGBS News". These are properties owned by unscrupulous businessmen (Tony Gallo and Morgan Edge, respectively) whom Superman faced off against.
- Earlier in the film during one of the scenes at the Kent house, a double tanker truck passing by in the background bears the "Lexcorp" brand name. Also, a building in Metropolis and a tanker truck later bear the name as well. This is the company run by Superman's arch rival, Lex Luthor.
- and when Superman and Zod are in space they tear apart a satellite with "Wayne Industries". This refers to billionaire Bruce Wayne, who masquerades as Batman.