IMDb > Dragones: destino de fuego (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Dragones: destino de fuego More at IMDbPro »

It's not enough being the firsts, it's also necessary being the bests

Author: dg-op from Los Girasoles, Chaclacayo, Lima, Perú.
6 February 2010

Peru, my homeland, has been the first country in Latin America to produce full 3-D animated films. First movie to be released was "Piratas en el Callao", a really interesting story with not so interesting results as a movie. Then, the second movie to be made was this tittle.

Yes, it's a good thing to be the firsts in Latin America. Some aspects of the story are interesting, as well as the theme song by famous Peruvian pop singer Gian Marco (which also puts the voice for the main character). But that's it. There's not much to celebrate from this film.

But, the story, appreciated globally, is far from being original, having several copies (not elements, copies) from American animated films. Then, Peruvian actress Gianella Neyra is not even nice hearing, and perhaps is the worst decision of the director, maybe in a desperate attempt to gain fame. At the end, the result is very poor. A little disappointing since Peruvian film industry has given us good news among critics. Is not enough to be the firsts in Latin America, is necessary to be the bests.

Horrible Movie!

Author: mikyb21 from United States
12 July 2008

I am commenting exclusively about the English language release of this title. This film had the lowest quality computer animation I have seen in some time. The voice talent was horrible and the script just as bad. It was painful to sit through. Absolutely pathetic. I really wanted to like it, but it's just awful. In the era of Pixar and the Dreamworks films, this item simply just does not cut it. It reminded me of a college (or high school)computer animation project. A C-minus one at that. While I appreciated the concept of a dragon being raised by condors, the writing was overwhelmingly simple and insipid. I pray my son doesn't want to watch it EVER again.

up to the level. really entertaining and emotionally moving.

Author: demetrioz from Mexico
13 August 2006

This film is a Peruvian success. Alpamayo is the company producing Dragones, and with this one have achieved a real little gem. The quality of the film is really improved compared to there previous production. actually this is there second one, and they have gone a real long way in the aspects of story and quality production. The little kids and the adults as well will enjoy this really moving and amazing story. Dragones can rival any major studio animation production, even though it was made with a quarter of the budget that major studios provide to their productions, and in less time. Way to go my friends, and keep up the good work.