"ER" The Gallant Hero & the Tragic Victor (2006)

« Prev | 266 of 331 Episodes | Next »

E.R. still has the power to shock and move

Author: djarmhp from Kent, UK
29 May 2006

At the beginning of series 12 I thought that maybe the old warhorse had finally had its day. Then along comes an episode like this to remind long term viewers why they stay with the programme. From the shocking start to the emotional ending this had everything. Pratt returned from his stint in Africa a different man from the immature one that had left a few weeks earlier. His first case involving the victims of an apparent burglary gone wrong had a conclusion that no one could see coming. Clemente's problems finally took their toll on him, but not before he had proved once more what a brilliant instinctive doctor he was even with his mental health in jeopardy. There were some surprisingly vitriolic comments about the war in Iraq, a sure sign that even mainstream America is starting to have its doubts. Many series come and go, but after a sticky patch E.R. is definitely back on form.

The Gallant Hero & the Tragic Victor (#12.21)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
15 May 2015

Wow, a very strong episode. surprised it isn't the last o the season. Now I wonder what the next one will be like.

The main thing is now that Dr. Gallant died. It was a pretty strong scene with us seeing him being blown up right in the beginning of the episode while talking about Neela. I hated their relationship, I really did. In a way I am happy it is at least over. But the way they made it was really well. We see Neela dealing with his death, and she also doesn't hide their limited time as a couple, when she says she had to look at his picture. The video from him at the end is a bit of cliché but it was a good good bye for the viewers as well.

Shocked to see what happened to Victor. I will actually miss this character. But the way they ended it was done perfectly as Leguizamo acted very well.

worst season EvER!!!!!!!

Author: blindtree (no6mcgee@yahoo.com) from United States
11 May 2006

I can't begin to explain what a bunch of crap this season has been. It's chalk-full of stupid scenarios, unlikely comments, forgetful characters, and most of all; slanted, biased, pointless, groundless political soapbox rhetoric!!! Give me a break. Script writers, please - walk away now. The damage is done. No one gives a damn about your stupid-ass political opinions.

Oh, don't forget to change Sam's kid. AGAIN. And don't forget to have a helicopter crash on the hospital for the third time!

Hello? Can we at least fake an attempt to be creative and original?

My four-year-old daughter can write script better than these losers.