A young boy fighting cancer writes letters to God, touching lives in his neighborhood and community and inspiring hope among everyone he comes in contact. An unsuspecting substitute postman... See full summary »
Janie, a 9-year-old girl, has a perfect life as an only daughter in a loving family. Her life, however, gets completely shattered when Ben, the little brother she never knew existed, unexpectedly shows up to live with her family.
After winning the lottery, E, a young Maori Rapper returns home to New Zealand to find his musical and traditional roots. In the quest to find his voice he soon becomes lost as love, ... See full summary »
In Nazareth, teenager Mary is betrothed to the local carpenter, Joseph. Mary is visited by an angel and told that she will fulfill a prophecy and as a virgin give birth to God's son, the savior of the world. Mary's pregnancy brings her the scorn of the community and Joseph struggles to believe her seemingly outlandish story. Meanwhile, a census forces every man and his family to return to his place of birth. Joesph and Mary set out on a long and arduous journey to Bethlehem. This story is based on the Biblical account of the birth of Jesus Christ. Written by
Because it isn't specifically stated in the Bible itself, various sources have given different theories regarding which Wiseman gave Jesus which gift. In this case, Melchior is shown giving the gold, Balthasar the frankincense, and Gaspar the myrrh. See more »
The old shepherd's mustache is yellowed by nicotine, a sign of habitual smoking. While cannabis and hookah pipes were familiar to the Middle East as early as 2000 BC, tobacco wasn't introduced to the old world until the late 16th century. See more »
As I write this I am aware that the vote is averaging 6.3. If you could see my voting record you would know that I do not give a high vote easily. So why do I see this so differently than many of you. Is it because I am a devout Christian? I did not give the PAssion of the Christ a very high rating. So i feel that I can be even handed in seeing this as what it is.
1. I think that Ciaran Hinds played Herod as well as I have ever seen. The paranoia, and menace came through so well.
2. I think Elliot Davis' cinematography was beautiful. It made me feel that I was in a renaissance painting.
3. I was moved emotionally - which is not true of the Passion of the Christ movie.
4. The parts of the movie that were based on the Biblw were accurate - although I wished they had shown a choir of the heavenly host.
5. The parts of the movie that were based on conjecture or Catholic traditions were well thought out. I enjoyed the use of the Wise Men as comic relief.
I believe this movie so far is highly underrated.
46 of 59 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?