Following her sister's death from drug addiction, a high school student is forced to leave her private school to return to her old, crime-filled neighborhood where she re-kindles an unlikely passion for the competitive world of step dancing.
Ian Iqbal Rashid
A young boy fighting cancer writes letters to God, touching lives in his neighborhood and community and inspiring hope among everyone he comes in contact. An unsuspecting substitute postman... See full summary »
In Nazareth, teenager Mary is betrothed to the local carpenter, Joseph. Mary is visited by an angel and told that she will fulfill a prophecy and as a virgin give birth to God's son, the savior of the world. Mary's pregnancy brings her the scorn of the community and Joseph struggles to believe her seemingly outlandish story. Meanwhile, a census forces every man and his family to return to his place of birth. Joesph and Mary set out on a long and arduous journey to Bethlehem. This story is based on the Biblical account of the birth of Jesus Christ. Written by
16 year old Keisha Castle-Hughes created a minor scandal during the making of this movie when it was revealed that she was pregnant with her boyfriend's child. See more »
The old shepherd's mustache is yellowed by nicotine, a sign of habitual smoking. While cannabis and hookah pipes were familiar to the Middle East as early as 2000 BC, tobacco wasn't introduced to the old world until the late 16th century. See more »
[about the child, Jesus]
He is for all mankind.
See more »
As I write this I am aware that the vote is averaging 6.3. If you could see my voting record you would know that I do not give a high vote easily. So why do I see this so differently than many of you. Is it because I am a devout Christian? I did not give the PAssion of the Christ a very high rating. So i feel that I can be even handed in seeing this as what it is.
1. I think that Ciaran Hinds played Herod as well as I have ever seen. The paranoia, and menace came through so well.
2. I think Elliot Davis' cinematography was beautiful. It made me feel that I was in a renaissance painting.
3. I was moved emotionally - which is not true of the Passion of the Christ movie.
4. The parts of the movie that were based on the Biblw were accurate - although I wished they had shown a choir of the heavenly host.
5. The parts of the movie that were based on conjecture or Catholic traditions were well thought out. I enjoyed the use of the Wise Men as comic relief.
I believe this movie so far is highly underrated.
43 of 56 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?