A young boy fighting cancer writes letters to God, touching lives in his neighborhood and community and inspiring hope among everyone he comes in contact. An unsuspecting substitute postman... See full summary »
Following her sister's death from drug addiction, a high school student is forced to leave her private school to return to her old, crime-filled neighborhood where she re-kindles an unlikely passion for the competitive world of step dancing.
Ian Iqbal Rashid
In Nazareth, teenager Mary is betrothed to the local carpenter, Joseph. Mary is visited by an angel and told that she will fulfill a prophecy and as a virgin give birth to God's son, the savior of the world. Mary's pregnancy brings her the scorn of the community and Joseph struggles to believe her seemingly outlandish story. Meanwhile, a census forces every man and his family to return to his place of birth. Joesph and Mary set out on a long and arduous journey to Bethlehem. This story is based on the Biblical account of the birth of Jesus Christ. Written by
The cast were taught how to use certain tools used 2000 years ago as well as how to build homes, how to press olives and grapes, how to make bread, how to make cheese, and how to milk goats. See more »
King Herod steps out on rampart in Jerusalem during one scene and a large expanse of the city can be seen (as matte painting) in background. During another scene, he steps out on same location and city background is missing (sky background instead). See more »
[a man tries to steal their money]
What comes with us, stays with us.
See more »
As I write this I am aware that the vote is averaging 6.3. If you could see my voting record you would know that I do not give a high vote easily. So why do I see this so differently than many of you. Is it because I am a devout Christian? I did not give the PAssion of the Christ a very high rating. So i feel that I can be even handed in seeing this as what it is.
1. I think that Ciaran Hinds played Herod as well as I have ever seen. The paranoia, and menace came through so well.
2. I think Elliot Davis' cinematography was beautiful. It made me feel that I was in a renaissance painting.
3. I was moved emotionally - which is not true of the Passion of the Christ movie.
4. The parts of the movie that were based on the Biblw were accurate - although I wished they had shown a choir of the heavenly host.
5. The parts of the movie that were based on conjecture or Catholic traditions were well thought out. I enjoyed the use of the Wise Men as comic relief.
I believe this movie so far is highly underrated.
46 of 59 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?