IMDb > "South Park" Bloody Mary (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"South Park" Bloody Mary (2005)

« Prev | 140 of 287 Episodes | Next »

All Religions Divide

Author: RainDogJr from Mexico City
30 November 2008

On the paper my whole family is catholic and I say on the paper because I'm not a religious guy, certainly Bloody Mary is another Trapped in the Closet and I don't think that my grandmother, who is the most religious member of my family, would find extremely funny the scene that for me is the most memorable of this episode and of course I'm talking about the scene with the Pope Benedict XVI. And like Trapped in the Closet this is another great, fair and clever episode, again only Stan represents South Park and there's even a nice reference to Trapped in the Closet. This is funny from start to finish so while we get to the AA and Virgin Mary stuff we have a lot of fun thanks to the Japanese karate teacher of the boys and to a drunk driver named Randy, yes Stan's dad who pee in a beer bottle while driving and who later couldn't touch his nose with his finger! So the next thing we know is that Randy has to go to schools to talk about the consequences of drunk driving and also to AA meetings where he is told that he is sick, part of the 12 step program: 1 We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable. 2 Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. 3 Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him. 5 Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. 11 Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His Will for us and the power to carry that out. 12 Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

You can imagine what Randy will think when near South Park a statue of the Virgin Mary is bleeding…out of her ass, of course Randy will thin that the miracle will cure his disease. Is great just as the conclusion but as I wrote the stuff with the Pope Benedict XVI is just hilarious and memorable.

Well I finished watching Season 9 of South Park and for me was a magnificent Season, there's not a single episode that I dislike but I do think that there are 3 episodes that maybe are not my 3 personal favourites but that any intelligent person should watch: Best Friends Forever, Trapped in the Closet and Bloody Mary. That said here's my order, certainly the #1 is my favourite of this Season: 14. Wing 13. Die Hippie, Die 12. Erection Day 11. Marjorine 10. Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow 9. Free Willzyx 8. The Losing Edge 7. The Death of Eric Cartman 6. Trapped in the Closet 5. Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina 4. Bloody Mary 3. Follow That Egg! 2. Ginger Kids 1. Best Friends Forever

Another controversial episode!

Author: gangstahippie from Canada(Montreal, Quebec)
25 September 2008

Bloody mary is another controversial episode of South park.This one sort of spoofs Christianity.I am Christian, and I still enjoy South Park.People just need to learn to have a sense of humor.In this episode, Randy thinks he has a drinking problem after getting pulled over for drunk driving and has to go to an AA meeting.Stan convinces him that he can do it by himself, but Randy becomes a real hypochondriac convincing himself he is sick.He then learns about the statue of virgin mary which spews blood and thinks he can get cured by visiting it.Bloody Mary is a funny, controversial and interesting South Park episode.