"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" Gone (2006)

« Prev | 155 of 363 Episodes | Next »

Great episode!

Author: (sonya@sonyahaskins.com) from United States
9 September 2009

This episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last minute. I don't want to give away any details that would make this comment a spoiler, but I will say that I really enjoyed this episode. It was well-written and obviously the acting was terrific - as always. The only bad thing about this episode was that Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay, one of my favorite actresses) was barely present. Since it focused more on the court scenes than the actual police work, I guess she and Elliot had a break this week!

I started watching Special Victims Unit several years ago and have been hooked ever since. My husband and I used to watch it together, but we don't have time to do that now. Still, we've seen most episodes, but I wanted to watch them all again so recently I started at the beginning and thanks to Netflix, I started with season one and I'm now on season 7. Too bad I didn't think to start writing reviews when I was on season one!

Sonya :)

Three Preppy Punks

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
4 December 2013

Three Preppy punks are arrested for the murder of a young Canadian high school student on a trip to New York City. The only problem that Diane Neal has is that she doesn't have a body. But she makes the calculated decision to arrest these kids and in fact one of them is caught before he can board a private plane to Brazil.

So now SVU has to play catch up and hope they can find a body or some more evidence of murder before Neal finishes her case.

The three kids, Teddy Eck, Paul David Story, and Harry Zittel are three prime specimens of arrogance and privilege no doubt learned from their parents. You should see the length they go to cheat justice.

A good story with a most satisfactory ending.

Fred Thomson Shows Just How BAD a Republican He Is

Author: amauck-734-818848
9 July 2013

Fred Thompson, the darling movie star of the Republicans (who are Strict Constructionists and would NEVER get the US Constitution WRONG) says at one point "The Fourteenth Amendment gives Nick & Doug the right to face their accuser."

WRONG!

It's the 6th Amendment that confers that right.

Now, you'd think that a dyed-in-the-wool conservative - who HATES what the 14th Amendment stands for (the party has gone on record they'd like to strip the 14th Amendment from the Constitution) would know that it's about Equal Protection and has NOTHING to do with what rights an accused has.

And yes, I realize he's an actor who was just delivering his lines, but THINK PEOPLE! He should have known it was wrong. It's obviously a blooper - but would a former Senator who flies a flag out his butt to prove how patriotic he is like Thompson allow himself to be caught in a blooper like that - which would and SHOULD be embarrassing to him? OF COURSE HE SHOULD HAVE!

I LOVED THIS EPISODE for this very reason - it shows just how idiotic that Republican hypocrite really is. I'm glad he's finally off the air and relegated to trying to bilk senior citizens with reverse mortgage ads on late-night TV! Oh how the mighty have fallen!

HA!