IMDb > "Ben 10" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Ben 10" More at IMDbPro »

Ben 10 rocks....

Author: kassakate417 from United States
8 May 2006

I must say that "Ben 10" is awesome. I really enjoy watching the show, and just watching it progress further and further from where it started. The characters and voices are great (especially Gwen's...he he he). I think that its worthy of watching every Saturday morning on cartoon network, so everyone should give a chance before they say anything, and no one should be saying that its just like "Teen Titans". Because it isn't, it's "Ben 10"...So all that being said, I hope that everybody gives the show a chance. Be sure to catch the new season because it's going to be amazing...Good job to everyone on the show you all deserve some praise because you all truly are amazing!

--Kassandra Kate

Like a tight spring: lots of energy, and most of it's potential

Author: MountainMan2281 from United States
7 July 2006

I was like (almost) everyone else in my initial reaction to the torrent of advertisements that Cartoon Network ran on a new series about a boy with a watch. It was mainly along the lines of, "Oh, wonderful. Another pointless show to displace my favorite regulars." Rarely have I "Ben" more wrong, and rarely have I been this glad to be wrong.

My brothers were watching it long before I saw my first complete episode, but they will watch anything that moves on the television screen, so I thought little of it. After my first episode, I watched another, and so on. Yes, I noticed that it was primarily for 8-14 year olds, but I still found it entertaining. Here's the thing, though: yes, my brothers like it, and they are the target age group, I like it, and I am 18 years old; my dad even likes it, a little, and he's 40 and hates cartoons. I humbly submit that age has less to do with it than one might think.

To those of you who have not seen the series, watch it (at least one episode, start to finish) before you criticize. Okay, fine, the presentation is aimed at the younger audiences, but the concept is solid super-hero-hits-sci-fi awesomeness: A person finds a watch-like, alien device that is "the key to an ancient power-struggle..." (Presented like that, I'm interested already). This person (a kid in the cartoon (probably) because that is their target audience) decides to use the abilities of the watch fight for good and serve those around him. But his struggle is not so easy, as the forces of the galaxy are not all so benevolent. An alien warlord wants the device to equip an army to conquer (it's not cliché, it's classic). Now he must do battle with the evil in his own people, as well as that within other races of the galaxy. And he must do it using the powers of a device that does not enhance his own power, but gives him the great strengths of others.

I'd be sold after a description like that, but that's not the point. The point is that it could be one of the great superhero stories along the lines of Batman, Superman, Spider-man, etc., and maybe even a live-action movie. Maybe one day, but for now, I can't wait to see how the next episode turns out.

Goodbye 10-year old Tennyson, It's been a good two years.

Author: benfreak-1 from United States
30 June 2008

Two very short but good years. 'Ben 10' is a good show for kids, and I'm proud to say I like it. It is somehow different from the other TV shows, like Totally Spies and Teen Titans. Well, actually, I can point out some similarities between Teen Titans and Ben 10. It's about a boy who has a alien watch that can change him into 10 different aliens. No matter how lame it is , it's pretty smart for a kid's TV show. I think the animation are occasionally good and pretty flashy, but not always. The character design could be better. Much better, the character could not be any shallower, and sometimes it's very, very predictable, especially the dialogue. It deserves more credit than it is given, because it's way better than the other shows. It's moderately successful, but completely satisfying. Cartoon Network was once a good channel, but now it has shows that are just plain bad and makes you disgusted that someone has come up with the idea to make it. Not this show. Sure, it's not as brainy as The X files, but it does well compared to the other shows playing on Cartoon Network. For some people, Ben 10 is a slow paced, ridiculous show with forgettable lines and an uninteresting storyline. But for others, it is a excellent show that is exiting and funny at the same time. The TV movies are pretty bad, even for a TV movie, but the spin-off show, Ben 10 Alien force is just as good, getting better and better with each episode it progresses. Thank you 'Ben 10' creators, for bringing a good, decent show onto Cartoon Network. I give it a 8/10, but not worth to but the DVD.

Ben 10 is Cool!

Author: lordzedd-3 from United States
11 November 2006

This is the best thing come from Cartoon Network's Cartoon Cartoon Friday. Even though it's not the best animation in the world but compared to Ed, Edd and Eddy and Cow and Chicken it's bloody great. The creature designs are cool, the characters are well written are likable. The entire story work, the episodes are cool and likable. Ben's hero alien monsters are cool. There isn't much I don't like about Ben 10 and I am happy to see that other people like it as well. The dialog are kind of cool and the guest voices are cool. The voice over actors do a great job in acting and the sound is crystal clear. So for all the good points that outweigh the bad parts I give it...9 STARS.

excellent show

Author: DarkestOperator from United States
6 July 2006

I was flipping channels when I saw this show. I'll admit what caught my eye was Gwen: she's pretty cute/good looking for a cartoon girl. She was the original reason I wanted to start watching this show. And if you think I have nothing better to do, no I don't and before you start making fun of me for that whether I see a good looking real girl or cartoon girl makes no difference-I see a good looking girl and that's that, real or not. That said, when I started watching this show, it caught on to me that this was a really good show: currently it is my favorite show on TV right now. Everything else is so overrated. The characters are nicely designed (Gwen's hot and Four Arms reminds me of myself-the way he talks and acts) and it's just a good show. The concept is very original and you don't have to be a kid in middle school to enjoy it. This like 30 year old guy I know said it was good when I told him about it. So give Ben 10 a chance. I did and now it's one of my main interests. 10/10. Better than teen titans.

Decent show, even with its problems

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
17 August 2010

I will admit I do prefer Ben 10: Alien Force where the characters are maturer and the episode ideas and writing cleverer. That said, Ben 10 is a thoroughly decent show. Is it the best show on Cartoon Network? No, Dexter's Laboratory was my all-time favourite. Is it the worst? No again, Johnny Test is one of the most unoriginal and annoying shows I have seen recently.

So what about Ben 10? Well I really like its energy, each episode goes at a great pace and there is a lot of spirit. The animation is colourful and quite detailed, while the theme song love it or hate it is pretty good too. The story lines are predictable on occasions and the characters have their annoying moments, but they do have their interest points, plus the writing is funny and energetic. The voice acting is also solid.

All in all, not a bad show, not outstanding but I was expecting worse. However if you want something more mature and clever, which is probably the case with some people here, watch Ben 10: Alien Force. 8/10 Bethany Cox

My Fraroute show

Author: www-jats from Australia
19 January 2010

Oh great, another rubbish Cartoon Network show?

Author: Tom-AVA from United Kingdom
11 February 2008

Being 16 years old i guess makes you too old for children's TV programmes now. But luckily i have a lot of younger brothers and sisters and so it gives me an excuse to go back into my adolescence every once in a while. When i was a kid, the best super-hero show on TV was the original Power Rangers. Come on, they were awesome. About 10 years after the Power Rangers first became good, the youth of today is being shown the rubbish that is Operation Overdrive. I'm sorry, but its time to lay the Power Rangers to rest, because the shows are getting worse and worse. This, in short, is a perfect demonstration of terrible children's TV has become. And so when my 2 younger brothers began getting mad over some programme on Cartoon Network called "Ben 10" i naturally assumed that it was just another rubbish children's show. One day when i got home from school i found my brothers already watching TV, and this programme Ben 10 was on. The options were to either do homework, put a DVD on or play on the xbox 360. Being incredibly lazy, i decided to just sit down and watch the TV. 2 hours later i had watched 4 episodes of the show and couldn't believe it. I mean, Cartoon Network had finally made a show that is half decent. Lets face it, the show has every cliché in the book, its fairly predictable at times and also very convenient how there's always a monster around whenever Ben is there. But what show isn't a little rough around the edges? Ben 10 is something fresh and relatively original. I think Cartoon Network Jetix, Nickelodeon and other kids TV channels should learn from this programme and then perhaps children's TV might get back to the glory days of Power Rangers.

Better than expected...

Author: crowrobot
20 February 2006

When the first commercials for 'Ben 10' arrived, my thoughts were this: "They (Cartoon Network) just canceled 'Teen Titans', and now we have another Americanime show? Count me out." Once I actually saw the show, however, my opinion changed. 'Ben 10' is a fairly decent superhero show. It's not as good as 'Teen Titans' or 'Justice League Unlimited' (it's certainly aimed at a younger audience), but it's a great way to kill time.

'Ben 10' actually has a pretty good starting point: Ben Tennyson (voiced by the immortal Tara Strong) is a normal kid traveling on the road with his Grandpa Max and cousin Gwen. Ben finds a strange watch that allows the wearer to transform into ten different superheroes. Problem is, evil aliens want the watch and begin invading Earth to get it. Now it's up to Ben to (recite in unison) save the world.

Like I said before, 'Ben 10' is not the travesty anticipated by the commercials, nor is it equal to the aforementioned 'Teen Titans' and 'Justice League'. It's mildly diverting, and 10 year-old boys should bet a kick out of it. You could do worse than 'Ben 10'.

The show that started it all

Author: bluhmfamily from United States
29 December 2010

NOTE: This review will maybe contain spoilers.

I first heard of Ben 10 in early 2006, The first episode I ever saw was "Ben 10,000". Later in the middle of 2007 I when I started watching it the most. My favorite aliens are. XLR8, Heatblast, Ghostfreak, Diamondhead, Benvicktor, and Cannonbolt.

The show is really cool in my personal opinion, but there are some little things I complain about, one is the silly plot holes and acting in most episodes. In 2005 when Cartoon Network was showing previews to the world, it probably sounded silly to some, but creative and original to others.

The first two seasons took the levels of cool to the extreme by doing interesting and scary and dark villains such as: Vilgax, Dr. Animo, Kevin 11, and Ghostfreak; yes Ghostfreak escaped from the Omnitrix and became a villain.

In the first season, Ben started with 10 aliens named: Wildmutt, Fourarms, Greymatter, XLR8, Upgrade, Dimaondhead, Ripjaws, Stinkfly, Ghostfreak, and Heatblast. I can't believe I memorized the order and names! In the second season, Ben un-locked 2 new aliens named: Cannonbolt, and Wildvine. They both are pretty cool actually! In the third season, in which were most of the stuff changed, Ben got a few of new aliens such as: Benwolf, Benmummy, Benvicktor, and Upchuck. I think that a little too much aliens were in season 3.

In the fourth season, Ben got 4 new aliens (including the one from that terrible movie), aliens such as: Ditto, Eye Guy, Waybig, and Eon.

The last episode, I didn't really care for because it seemed like they just rushed through it so they could get ready for the next series.

Overall, I give Ben 10 and 8 out of 10, I subtracted 2 points because of the silly stuff and some really poor episodes.