IMDb > Faceless (2006) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Faceless (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Faceless to bring higher quality television to American viewers

Author: funny_valentine_lamb from United States
17 April 2006

It's about time we rehabilitate from irritating reality shows like Joe Millionaire, The Bacholerette, Survivor and the phletora of senseless "real-deal" entertainment we have been recently bombarded with. Most of those shows look as forced as a bad musical. "Faceless" goes back to basics: good writing, good acting and a promising story with plenty of character development. Sean Bean has proved to be a wonderfully versatile actor and it is about time he is allowed to take the lead role. Although he plays intriguingly exceptional villains, he is always given secondary roles and has been typecast in the American market. Go Sean! Faceless also promises to combine Hitchcockian suspense and glamour with modern filmic techniques such as the probing camera, varied point of view, timeframe disjunction and quick editing. Many people like myself truly look forward to seeing this move toward quality television strengthen across the networks.

Carnahan-Scardapane-Bean collaboration...genius

Author: Todo San from United States
5 April 2006

OK...Faceless is going to be an interesting experience. I am beginning to feel that TV needs more of this film-like material. Keeps me active and interested. A wicked project should definitely unfold. Carnahan, Scardapane, and BEan is an awesome collaboration. I just recently saw Stana Katic in '24' and I am convinced. Awesome. Apparent great looks to accompany a great character performance will make her a true asset to this C,S,B Trio. I hope FOX has the intuition and picks this up. The cast speaks for itself. The series setting is interesting. Unique and I am in anticipation. I think we should know within a month so everybody keep your fingers crossed!

Cheers.

This show is going to be great!!!

Author: keyser_soze922 from Coral Gables, United States
16 April 2006

To start with, the director of the pilot, Joe Carnahan, wrote and directed the movie "Narc". "Narc" is a dark film about a cop that wants revenge for the death of his partner, not too far off from the "Faceless" plot.

Next I'll move onto the writer, Dario Scardapane. He wrote the movie "Posse". "Posse" is a western made up of an almost entirely black cast. "Posse" is reviewed by many as having a great storyline, it is about some cowboys looking for some revenge.

Now I'll go onto the producers. Together, the producers have done the shows "24" and "King of the Hill" as well as the movie "Office Space". Enough said.

The casting directors have casted so many great movies and shows, but I will limit myself to put only a few of them. Shows they casted include "The Shield" and "King of the Hill". Movies they have casted include "Lucky Number Slevin", "The Human Stain", "The Salton Sea", "House of Sand and Fog", "Black Sheep", and "The Shawshank Redemption". If you have seen any of these movies, you should know that the cast fit perfectly with their roles.

Some Unexplained Plot Points but Beautifully acted

Author: truehawk from United States
8 October 2006

First let there are a couple of things that bother me about this pilot.

What was the UnSUB Prime's reason for having John's family killed? Okey John was getting too close, but John's family????

That concern aside, Sean Bean as Eddie Prey is AMAZING.

You can see Eddie hardening himself up for what he has to do.. You can see him struggle when he realizes that there is corruption within law enforcement, and that in order to find who killed his family he will have to become judge, jury and executioner, because there will be no justice done any other way.

One can see that he accepts that, but he's tortured by it.

Will he make peace with what he has to do, or will it destroy him? Is he on a suicidal path, or will he somehow survive?